Name: Flynn Christopher Blanchard Copeland Bloom
Parents: Orlando Bloom & Miranda Kerr
Date of Birth: January 6, 2011
- Flynn was born in Los Angeles, Calif.
- He weighed 9 lbs & 12 oz at birth
- He was born on a Thursday
- Flynn has American, Australian and English citizenship
- His middle name of Christopher was chosen to honor Miranda’s highshool sweetheart Christopher Middlebrook who died in a car accident in 1998 when the couple were 15 years of age.
- Flynn was voted the favorite new celebrity baby of 2011 in Celebrity Baby Scoop’s 4th Annual Reader’s Choice Awards
- He was also a close runner-up in the favorite baby name category
- His mama often refers to him as her “bundle of love”
“I gave birth to him naturally; without any pain medication and it was a long, arduous and difficult labour, but Orlando was with me the whole time supporting and guiding me through it. I could not have done it without him.” – mommy Miranda on the birth of her first child.
“He’s a great kid. I love it. He’s wonderful [and] laughs more than he cries – we’re very lucky.” – proud papa Orlando on his gorgeous little man.
“Chris and I had been dating for two years. After he died, I wrote him a letter that said I hoped to name my first child after him in some way. I told Orlando, and he was the one who said he’d be happy to do that. Orlando’s a good guy.” – Miranda on the reason behind her son’s middle name.
“We spent every minute together, morning and night, for those weeks before I went back to work. He sleeps in our bed every night. I never want to let him go.” Miranda on the difficulties of being a working mother.
“My baby is amazing, even his head smells amazing. His breath, the whole thing, you could eat him! He’s a big, beautiful boy. He’s great.” – Orlando on his sweet son.
“[Flynn] is “probably the most jet-set kid in the world.” – Orlando on his well-travelled tot.
“It’s the best thing I’ve ever done. Becoming a mother puts everything into perspective. You become more comfortable in your own skin.” – Miranda on the joys of motherhood.