Vanessa Paradis & Lily-Rose: The Grove Girls

Vanessa Paradis & Lily-Rose: The Grove Girls

Amidst rumors of a possible split from longtime love Johnny Depp, Vanessa Paradis was spotted with their 12-year-old daughter Lily-Rose in Los Angeles, Calif. on Friday (January 6).

The French beauty and her girl were seen shopping at The Grove.

RadarOnline first reported that Vanessa and Johnny’s 14-year romance was in trouble and that the Pirates of the Caribbean star, 48, is struggling to deal with their problems.

Johnny and Vanessa – who are also parents to 9-year-old son Jack – were spotted on New Year’s Eve in LA.

Filed under: Lily-Rose Depp,Vanessa Paradis

Photo credit: X17

The last time I saw a picture of Lily-Rose, she had pigtails and a lollipop…

Wow I can’t believe these pics of Vanessa. She looks so masculine. Will never know what Johnny saw in her.

i hate to say it but this 12 year old girl looks like a strung out drug attic
    she needs more clothing on

4. Annie123

There is SO much wrong with this picture. Why is 12 year-old wearing so much makeup? And why is she dressed like a girl from the bunny ranch? Why is Vanessa looking so manly and unkept lately? … I respect their family for staying so private, but I get a strange vibe from them.

5. Tiffany

WTH!!! There’s is something TERRIBLY wrong with this child is wearing.

Okay, now normally, I love Johnny and Vanessa as parents. I think it’s great that they’ve kept their kids out of the soptlight and given them a somewhat quiet, normal childhood. However, if my 12 year old daughter ever even TRIED to walk out of the house in short shorts and a strapless top, I would FREAK. What is wrong with people these days?

• Christy

I completely agree!

• N.S

You took the words right out of my mouth… I really have always admired how the have kept their children and personal life very private – but that completely changes when you let your 12 year old daughter out of the house like that! What is that mother thinking? That outfit would almost be innappropriate on a 20 year old – it’s very provocative, and she be assured there will be men who will look at her daughter in the wrong way – so wrong.

My, my, my, that’s one sultry TWELVE -YEAR-OLD!!! I can’t belive that her parents allow her to dress so suggestively. And Vanessa might want to put on 20lbs or so.

The girl is beautiful but TWELVE years old?!? Is this just how 12-year-olds look these days?

9. Rosy

His daughter’s gorgeous but I’m not sure I’d let my 12 year old dress like that personally. If I didn’t know better I’d think she was older than mere 12.

10. MJ

I’ve seen under 10′s wear less. It’s hardly inappropriate when you remember what Suri Cruise wears.

I wouldn’t even let my 16 year old out in that..

I don’t have children yet but if I ever have a girl I would NEVER let her wear something like that when she’s 12. Short short kan be okay if they are children’s clothes but these are anything but! And the tube top is just way to grown up….

ANd the make up and the hair and the earrings, everything’s just wrong. Why can’t people just let kids be kids

She is a gorgeous girl. I do not believe in harrasing other parents about their parenting. To each their own.

Does anyone else thing Vanessa looks like Aileen Wuornos in this photo?

This photo is huge on the cringe scale.

15. Anouk

Wow, that litte girl’s going to be a model… I wouldn’t let my 12 year old dress like that, but hey, they’re her parents, not us, so it’s not our place to judge.

16. Heart

Looks like they should switch outfits..lol!

17. SMH

Wow! First yes I agree my 12 year old would never be in tube tops. The shorts I can see only bc that’s the style of them nowadays. But I think little girls just grow up too fast and it’s ashame. Once your childhood is gone it’s gone!
    Secondly I didn’t know his wife could look more of a man then he does!! Yikes!! But hey whatever floats each one’s boat, ya know?!

Wow i thought Johnny Depp would be a better father then letting his 12 year old daughter go out dressed like that!! Johnny Depp was the one who said in an interview he would never let his daughter grow up in the USA! “I would never contemplate raising my daughter in LA. I would never raise any child there.” Johnny Depp quote and yet his daughter raised in France dresses like this! LMAO the irony!

One of the reasons not to raise them in the USA is the hyper-sexualization of everything in the USA. In France, this outfit would not raise an eyebrow, and nobody would be looking at her thinking she’s a hoooker or inappropriate. They would just see a child.

• frenchteacher

I’m a teacher and I’m French and we work hard at our schools not to let our pupils come in inappropriate outfits and I can tell you that at my school, this outfit wouldn’t be tolerated and she would be sent home and her parents would be called.

It wouldn’t be appropriate to come to school in a bathing suit either. She’s not IN school.

• Pauline

TRUE! I’m French as well, and EVEN IN FRANCE people would think this outfit is totally inapropriate for a 12 years old!!! AND, such an outfit would not be tolerated in any school, even for a 18 years old!!! A 12 years old dressed like this is disgusting.

I dont understand why people seem to think that this is inappropriate, I’ve seen way worse. A lot of 12year olds wear makeup and clothes like that, at least where I live. We really shouldn’t judge or assume that Johnny and Vanessa are bad parents because of this.

20. gina

I am not going to comment on the 12 year old because she is under 18, but Vanessa looks horrible, she definitely looks like she could star in another movie about serial killer Aileen Wuornos…I know she is supposed to be a great beauty, but I have very rarely seen any candid pics of her looking that way.

Vanessa Paradis, unfortunately, looks like a hardened meth addict. What a strange look for her!

And the child is likely growing up like many of the children of the privileged H’wood folks, with few restrictions and even fewer values.

Luckily they live in France where people aren’t so uptight and don’t have all the puritanical hangups people in the US have.

Wait, so the other comment said the USA is hyper-sexuality and everything is sex sex sex and in France nobody would raise an eyebrow because they don’t put sex in everything and now you’re saying the USA is puritan? Hmm i don’t think i understand that one. The fact is many men do think of sex daily and an outfit like that on a girl so little that is 12 years old!! Will cause extreme amounts of unwanted attention. Sorry the world isn’t a nice place there are tons of pervs i’ve been sexually harassed plenty of times before being a young girl and i thought Johnny Depp would at least try to protect her from that.

The puritanical hangups are on full display right here in the comments for this post. To wit: all the people getting the vapors over what this girl is wearing.

Saying the US is hyper-sexualized means that everyone in the US views everything through a lens of sex, even when it’s not about sex. Because they are repressed puritans. In France, people don’t react the same way. That’s why you can go to a topless beach and let your boobs hang out and nobody freaks out because they don’t sexualize breasts to the same degree as we do here and nudity is nowhere near as scandalous. Of course there are always degrees of appropriateness – people don’t usually go topless just walking down the street there. But act like rational human beings, which is more than I can say about the people in my own country.

Get it now?

Is that why there are French users on here saying the opposite of what you are saying and stating that what this 12 year old is wearing would be inappropriate even in France? Nope i STILL don’t get you explain it more. NO 12 year old girl wants to have sex so wearing clothing like that which attracts pervs and pedos is wrong that’s what people are complaining about because she is 12 not older. If you think being a puritan is not wanting little girls to be perved on is pure then yes by all means the USA is trying to get rid of that. Secondly there are perverted pedos everywhere in the world yes even in France so don’t even with that French men don’t think nudity or a woman dressing provokingly is sexual. So in France why do prostitutes dress similar to the way Johnny depps 12 yr old daughter is dressing isn’t it not sexual? Or are you admitting it’s sexual and you’re saying there is nothing wrong with a child dressing sexual? I don’t think anyone understands what you are saying.

I still say that if you look at her and think anything sexual, the problem is you….. not her. You might want to seek therapy before you do something illegal, you nasty thinker.

LOL you don’t have a comeback for all the actual French users stating that even in France the way this 12 year old dresses would be considered inappropriate?? Anyways what part of I’VE been sexually harassed by men when i was a young girl did you not read? The fact of the matter is like i say and you don’t seem to care or listen is that many men are pervs or pedos and will harass any woman who dresses sexy and for such a young girl to dress sexy will just cause the perv pedos to harass a young girl who is still a child ! That isn’t what anyone wants for that young girl! We’re trying to protect her from men that are pedo pervs unfortunately there are a lot which is why you need parents to protect you and teach you that.

Did you just excuse away the behavior of “pervs and pedos” by making it HER fault?

Exactly! Finally, a voice of reason!

23. Janna

Wow, take one bad picture and the critics are out in droves.

24. Anonymous9

Looking rough and/or slutty.

I’ve lived in France and people there do not dress their 12 year olds like hookers, despite what so many people here seem to think about Americans and our “hang-ups”. You won’t see this walking down the street in Paris, unless it’s somebody standing on a corner.

Sadly, the way Lily is dressed is pretty common among tweens. It’s not appropriate at all. The short shorts would have been alright with a different top but that strapless bustier is just all kinds of wrong. BTW, Vanessa frequently looks like that when photographed by the paps. Nothing unusual. She never wears makeup or does her hair and wears jeans and old t shirts.

26. Lilly

Who let the child out of the house with that outfit on? Speechless

27. musiclover

I dont know why any parent would let there 12 year-old daughter dress like that! She is still a child for crying out loud. Strapless tops and short shorts are meant to be sexy….no why should you be letting your preteen try to be sexy!

Come on the kid is french not some US hussy. Most of Europeans are not closed minded. Ever been to a European school? In some places they even have co-ed showers up to around 13 years old.

29. hannah679

this picture is so strange. vanessa looks like a midget bodybuilder and lilys head looks too big for her body.

30. MICAELA

Hopefully she is respectable of herself dressing like that. I do think she is still too youg. She isn’t even a teen yet.

31. Ti

Highly inappropriate. People are actually trying to sell 12 year old’s dress like this normally in Europe? Come on now.

32. Rachel2001

This would not fly in Europe no matter what people on here are trying to say. dakota fanning marc jacobs Perfume ad is banned in the UK because it thought of as being to sexual and childlike and she is sitting down with clothes on with a Perfume bottle in her lap.

Here the ad

nymag.com/daily/fashion/2011/11/marc-jacobs-dakota-fanning-ad-banned-uk.html

And your going to tell me that what Lily is wearing would be ok.

Lily is such a pretty girl…The outfit is way inappropriate for her age.

Gosh, I remember in the 70s we all wore midriff-showing halter tops and short shorts when we were 10, 11, 12 years and older.

It has been reported for years that Johnny and Vanessa do not bathe often. Johnny looks rough too.

I didn’t know they had trailer parks in France!

Is she the same age as David beckhams oldest son? If so, she looks so much older!