What’s The Meaning Behind Beyoncé & Jay-Z’s Daughter’s Name?

What's The Meaning Behind Beyoncé & Jay-Z's Daughter's Name?

Public opinion about the name of Beyoncé and Jay-Z‘s newborn daughter’s name, Blue Ivy, is about as mixed up and confusing as reports on the name itself (Ivy Blue, or Blue Ivy?). But how did the superstar parents come up with the unique moniker for their little one?

Though there’s no official word from the couple themselves, fans of Bey and Jay have already started to speculate.

The color blue has been a fave of the rapper’s for years, as he notes in the song, ‘Go Crazy,’ “My favorite hue is Jay-Z blue.” And of course, there are also the three highly successful Blueprint albums he released in 2001, 2002, and 2009.

As for the middle name, “Ivy,” some believe that it’s a reference to the Roman numeral for 4 (IV), which is a significant number for the couple. Beyoncé’s birthday is on September 4, Jay-Z’s is December 4, they were married on April 4, and the title of Knowles’ latest album? Yup, 4.

Filed under: Beyonce,Celebrity Babies,Celebrity Dads,Celebrity Moms,Jay-Z

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

I’m not interested in what they call their child – their choice, but was appalled to read an article in the ny daily news about how other patients and families have been treated and inconvenienced by the couple and their security team. A father of premature twins in the NICU was interviewed and his story was particularly disturbing.

2. Anonymous2

Wasn’t blue iris a famous prostitute? Blue ivy is a little close to it for me to appreciate it. It’s really weird. Ivy blue would have been somewhat better.

3. money misha

i think jay and be took it to far…i mean i know they rich an all but i will never name my child something i no my mother wouldn’t name me…i mean what will be your answer to your child when she get old and ask how did she get her name?i i mean come yall we got to do BETTER…but congradulation!!!!!!!!!!

4. ACEOFSPADES

First of all my nigga J, I must say CONGRATS to you and B. Second of all, to everyone that has a negative remark to say in reference to the birth of this mans first born….its none of your concern what he and his wife decided to name their child, in my personal opinion its unique. Yes I’m sure that if we dig back in time we could find someone or something to reference her name to, but how about everyone else’s name?? We all have NAME origins, and someone else has had our name, we are not the first. All that matters is that Jay Z is a very intelligent, resourceful dude and he and his wife chose the name they best saw fit…so in the future lets do us all a favor and stop being so hypocritical and full of condescending remarks. After all a new a life just entered into the world. Welcome Blue!!!!

He also dated Blu Cantrell for a time.

I really dnt have any tin 2 say but y did them give her blue ivy