It’s Clear, Blue Ivy Will Be Sleeping In Style

It's Clear, Blue Ivy Will Be Sleeping In Style

Beyoncé and husband Jay-Z welcomed daughter Blue Ivy Carter this past weekend, and it looks like the newborn went home to some pretty fancy sleeping quarters. A source tells Us Weekly that Beyoncé purchased a $3500 Lucite crib at an NYC boutique back in November.

The source adds that the Grammy-winner was accompanied by her sister Solange Knowles and mom Tina when she made the purchase. Previously it was reported that Beyoncé and Jay-Z were building a 2,200 square foot nursery in their Tribeca apartment.

The new parents, who had strived to keep the pregnancy as private as possible, issued a statement Monday on Beyoncé’s website. “We are in heaven!” it read. “Her birth was emotional and extremely peaceful…She was delivered naturally at a healthy 7 lbs and it was the best experience of both of our lives.”

Filed under: Beyonce,Jay-Z

Photo credit: Nursery Works Vetro Crib

Please tell me THAT is not the crib they spent $3500 (or even $35) on….hideous.

2. anonymous

That looks like a display bin at a toy store.

3. NYC Mommy

Wow even their baby’s crib is bullet proof. LOL

4. Anna

That crib is ugly and made of cheap material.

Am I the only one who cannot stand this child already? Eyeroll. I turned out fine and my parents didn’t spend that kind of money on me in eight months time.

HATERS! YOU ARE ALL JUST JEALOUS OF BEYONCE AND HER BABY!

7. SMH

I’m starting to not stand the parents. The child has nothing to do with it.

And $3500 wow that’s just a bit less then my first used car!! yikes!

what an ugly crib
    it looks like a prison
    and doesnt seem so safe, what happens when the baby turns over and its faced is pressed up against that material
    and it will show every little drool, grubby hand print, mouth print ect

what a waste of money

Gosh people it is a little baby that you are talking sbout. It is every person’s right to spend their money anyway that they like for their children. The crib is actually quite cute. But that is my opinion and the Funny thing is I’m neither a Jay Z nor Beyonce fan, but I’m happy for the family. Welcome Baby Blue Ivy Carter.

10. anonymous

Ever watch that episode of Friends where Joey buys all of those tacky decorations from a store called “I Love Lucite”? I wonder if thats where this unfortunate piece of furniture came from?

it looks like a new type of experimental cage.

12. Jodi

It looks like a wal-mart display bin. Whatever floats their boat.

13. congrats!

THIS IS so sweet! Congrats to the couple.

14. kania

shhh stop haters why are yall even worried about her i dont like you anonymous you eww one minute you say some mean things then you want to say something nice ewww but beyonce i love you and the baby.

WOW!!! $3500 for a crib? If only I had that to pay off some bills…. :)

These people are idiots.

17. Alex

I’m glad for Beyonce and Jay-Z , and this girl is going to have a loving mother and father, however they shouldn’t splash so much cash, or else Blue Ivy ( I think Ivy Blue sounds nicer but anyway) will turn into Suri Cruise and she is a spoilt little madam.

Like they’ll change a diaper? Pshhh…Blue probably got lots of nannies, no diaper changing for B or Z. I feel sorry for the kid, that cribs a good metaphor for the rest of her life…an expensive ugly glass prison.

SOOOOOO JEALOUS!!! YOU GUYS JUST WISH THAT THE PAPS WERE CHASING YOU AND YOUR BABIES. IF YOU DON’T LIKE BEY AND J THEN GET THE F#@$ OFF OF THIS SIGHT. THEY WILL BE THE MOST TALKED ABOUT COUPLE FOR A VERY LONG TIME. INCLUDING BABY BLUE. YOU GUYS ARE SO STUPID. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH HATE. YES THEY ARE RICH AND THEY HAD A BABY. THEY HAVE MILLIONS OF FANS, AND THEY ARE NOT WORRIED ABOUT YOU. THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE MONEY AND LIVE THE LAVISH LIFESTYLE THAT THEY LIVE. ITS THEIR MONEY. NOT YOUR. GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!

• anonymous

You sound like a whack job honey. Are you one of those obsessed fans thats going to scale their fence and hide in their bushes so you can spy on them at night?

If you don’t like reading what we have to say why don’t you get off this sight?

*BTW- When making a “You just wish” claim you might want to make a better one. I don’t think any of us wish that we and our babies were being hounded by annoying paps.

20. Tiff

Aren’t stripper heels made out of lucite? Keep it classy people.

21. Bink

Is there a little baby phone on the inside of the crib for talking during visits? lol

22. Lucyd

oh for the love of God who cares what they buy their baby they have the money they can spend whatever way they like the most important thing is that I am sure this baby is a very much welcomed addition to their family and congratulations to them let them enjoy every single minute of it

23. B

@ Anon 10:46… You are a LOSER! End of story….

You people believe everything that you hear. How do you know for sure that they purchased this crib? Have you seen their daughter’s nursery? Please get a day job and stop pretending that you know it all.

I’m sure it will keep their maids busy cleaning they smudge marks

Looks like a hamster cage.

Her birth was natural? Didn’t she have a c section?

28. anonymous

WTF you call style on this pic?!

Hahahaha Do you all believe what you read on the internet or in the paper?!!?? Not long ago it was a ‘fake’ pregnancy! They are both very private about their life together yet people seem to want to make any story they can on them….Jesus christ some of you need to fix up! Saying You can’t stand a newborn! Pha why?! Because she’s been born into wealth? Because she will want for nothing?! Jealousy is so not a good look! I think they are a really good couple! It goes to show that celebs that moan about privacy could keep their lives private!

CONGRATS to the proud parents of Blue x

How is a scheduled cesarean “delivered naturally”??

31. Lioness

Man, people really have a problem with rich parents…. I don’t love the crib, but they’re free to spend their money however they want. Not sure why people continuously come on here and bash celebrities for not making the same purchasing decisions as someone with a fraction of their wealth. It’s just silly. I wish them well.

I do, however, hope the story about parents being prevented from seeing their children in the hospital isn’t true… THAT is a something to get mad at, if ever there was one.