Mario Lopez & Courtney Mazza’s Gia Is Extra Sweet

Mario Lopez & Courtney Mazza's Gia Is Extra Sweet

Mario Lopez received a visit from his daughter Gia and fiancee Courtney Mazza on the set of Extra on Monday (January 9). Wearing a pretty white dress with a pink cardigan, the adorable 2-year-old received a kiss from mom and smiles from the crew.

Congratulations to the couple who are now engaged! The television host had popped the question to Courtney during a New Year’s trip to Ixtapa, Mexico.

He tells US Weekly, “We took a walk alone as the sun was setting. I told Courtney that I wanted the mother of my children to have their last name. She was silent at first from shock, then she leaped for joy and did a little jete!”

Mazza added, “Besides our daughter’s birth, this was the best moment of my life!”

They plan to wed in Mexico later this year.

Filed under: Courtney Mazza,Gia Lopez,Mario Lopez

Photo credit: Splash

1. Anonymousous

Gia is looking a little less “special needs” these days.

I was actually thinking the same thing. I think that she might just have a lazy eye which was distracting. If you look at just the left side of her face, I’d never think special needs. The right side, I think, has a bit of a lazy eye.

Of course, not that any of this matters in terms of happiness and love… but just saying.

weird – i was just thinking that she continues to look special needs. it’s not her eyes for me – she just has round eyes. it’s her mouth. i worked with special needs children for 7 years, and there’s just something about her that makes me think she has special needs.

i hope people are able to see that i am not referring to her as special needs and being mean. i don’t think it’s a “bad” thing. she is clearly very loved and very well taken care of. special needs or not she is a very beautiful and sweet baby girl.

I don’t think this baby is cute at all. There, I said it!

3. Anon

she is growing into her cuteness!! and agree to less special needs looking- not that there is anything wrong with that.

Wow, the bullies are out in force today. I hope none of you have children who are ever subjected to the kind of cruelty you’re posting here.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t count as bullying when you’re referring to a 2 year old who cannot access the internet or read.

Nobody bullied Gia, everyone expressed their views in a respectful way. (Except one comment)

• nosoupforyou

FYI, I hope you realize that none of these babies are reading here.

She does look somewhat dysmorphic.

Uh, yeah, thanks for stating the obvious. The point is the attitude. I just don’t understand why anyone would post such cruel comments in a public forum. That is the mindset of a bully. It doesn’t matter that the actual target won’t read it. I mean really, are you proud of the fact that you make such comments about a child? Really? That’s pretty sad.

Though of course, you geniuses forget that the internet lives forever. She is going to grow up, and like everyone else will learn to google her own name. You don’t think she won’t come across these comments at some point. And of course, her parents are perfectly capable of reading them, and it’s clear many celebs do read the things people say about them online. How would you like it if you read things like this about your child written by complete strangers?

• Anon

THAT IS THE PRICE THE PARENTS PAID for the ridiculous amount of money they make looking *pretty* and pretending to act. People forget the UNREAL amount of money these celebrities make for striking a pose, making an appearance or just pretending to act… Putting themselves, their family out there for ridicule is a CHOICE! They make money for doing nothing of any importance, and they pay with their family. THAT is the price of fame. They can walk away and get a real job…none of us care!

This is off-topic, but why is the Extra show always at the Grove shopping mall – do they shoot there regularly? Seems kinda cheesy.

6. Me123

You “adults” need to stop picking on a helpless child. Do you get pleasure in bashing little kids for no reason other than the way they look? This kid has never looked special needs as you all put it, but exactly like her father. She has his eyes, his mouth and nose. Even if she does have some sort of medical issue, would that really be a problem? She has parents who obviously love her to pieces and she looks to be a happy and well taken care of little girl. Leave her alone and grow up.

She just look like her father, there is nothing wrong with this child.

8. Elena

I think she’s a doll!

9. SMH

It’s funny the special needs was brought up bc I was just about to say how could anyone think this child had any. I never looked at her photos and thought so and in this pic it’s clear she is just fine. A beauty for sure!

Is courtney pregnant again

glad i wasnt the only one who thought she looked “special needs” god bless hope she is healthy always looking happy

12. kate

She looks like her dad, with the cross eyes and goofy pouty lips, he looks special needs lol

Isn’t she one. I thought she just had her first birthday. Shes cute.