Michelle Williams Will Not Extend Congratulations To Beyoncé Over Twitter

Michelle Williams Will Not Extend Congratulations To Beyoncé Over Twitter

Numerous celebs such as Ne-Yo, Gwyneth Paltrow, Rihanna, Tyrese Gibson, and Chrisette Michele have all recently posted their heartfelt congrats to new parents and Beyoncé and Jay-Z on the newest 7lb addition to the family on their Twitter pages.

Chrisette Michele: “Honestly? What I think? It’s like royalty just had a child. It’s like the future just met it’s mayor. It’s like the best just became greater. A queen and a king had a princess and hip hop and r&b heirs just passed a torch. I’m that in awe of the moment. Just my humble thoughts. Congratulations Jay and Bey. May God bless and keep you and your new born. Peace. Miss Michele ;)”

Ne-Yo: “Shout out to Blu Ivy Carter! Jay and B’s beautiful baby girl! WELCOME TO THE WORLD PRINCESS!!”

Rihanna: “Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih”

Gwyneth Paltrow: “Welcome to the world Blue! We love you already.”

Tyrese Gibson: “Congrats to you both .. You are loved..! Beyonce’ and Jay are new proud parents of a healthy baby girl .. Blessings!!”

Despite all the wonderful congrats flowing in over the social networking website, there is one person that won’t be posting.

In response to a follower who suggested the singer offer a message of congrats to the happy couple over Twitter, former Destiny’s Child band member Michelle Williams tweeted,

“Let’s get ONE thing straight….I do NOT have to say congrats to someone when they’re NOT on twitter…ESPECIALLY when I talk or email them all the time….or when I’ll be physically present as well.”

“My friendship with people aren’t always for twitter display,” she continued. “Respect that and get a LIFE!!! Enjoy this FINE day!!! God bless!!!!”

It seems as though Michelle wasn’t quite finished getting her feelings off her chest. In a follow up tweet, Beyoncé’s former band mate said, “This is a beautiful, precious, private time between two people and excitement is to be expected but NOT disrespect!”

Filed under: Michelle Williams

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Is she serious with the king/queen/royalty talk? Give me a break..

2. anonymous

Wow, learn some grammar lady. Get an education with all that money you have. And p.s.- just because you can make words rhyme doesn’t make you smart.

These people need to get real, and get over it. And give ME a break.

As much as I think its lovely that this little baby was born, the first tweet about royalty and all that? Oh my God, get a life, lady. She was born to a singer and a rapper, not the Queen of England. And this Michelle Williams, what a b**ch!

• Alix

Yeah, the royalty thing is ridic.

I do think Williams has a point, though (however defensive she seemed to be about it). If Jay/Bey aren’t on Twitter, and she actually sees/talks to them, what’s the point of offering congrats via a tweet? None, except to offer private feelings for public consumption, which no one, celeb or not, has any obligation to do. But my, she did get a bee in her bonnet about it, didn’t she?

People who post congrats on Twitter are attention whores. Simply as that. Same as celebs (and everyone else) who post things like “Happy Birthday to my baby girl, Kiki. Momma loves you princess” when their kid is one and can’t read the darn thing. What’s the point? Easy, the point is to make other people aware that you’re saying happy birthday to your kids, bringing attention to YOU.

That king/queen/royalty talk is truly pathetic and delusional. Money does not make you royalty and apparently it does not buy you class.

What the hell got in Michelle’s bonnet?? Completely overblown response. If you don’t want to congratulate them in twitter, that’s certainly more than fine, but the response was just insane.

• Shanice

It’s not overboard when someone tweeted her and called her the b-word saying she better show thanks to her King Bey and her baby Princess Blue. I’m just paraphrasing. But the tweet was really rude and disrespectful and just plain crazy. Just because they are celebrities, it doesn’t mean they are human. She was justified in her response, unlike that time Jennifer Hudson went off on someone for simply asking what all does she do besides Weight Watchers to lose weight.

7. Anonymous9

Geebus I’m starting to hate these people. Probably a lovely baby, but the sucking up by people who need Jay Z to have a career makes me sick.

8. Daniella

Wow, talk about going overboard much? Royalty? Give me a break. For all they know, that little girl might not want anything to do with the music or entertainment industry when she’s older. That’s her choice, not theirs. She’s the daughter of a singer & a rapper, not Prince William & Princess Kate. And besides, last I checked, the U.S. didn’t HAVE a royal family. Kinda fought a revolution over that little title there.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m very glad that they’ve had a healthy baby & I’m sure she’s a cute little thing, but this isn’t the second coming of Jesus, or Gandhi, or Mother Theresa.

9. Marianne

I understand where Michelle is coming from. It does seem ridiculous to send your congrats to a friend who isn’t even on The Social Networking site, and especially when you do see them in person. But I don’t think Michelle had to be so hostile about it. She could have simply said “I already called them and congratulated them” OR….”I am visiting them later today, and will congratulate them then”.

Some “fan” wants her to congratulate someone on Twitter who doesn’t even READ Twitter???? WTH?!?!?

11. rowe_wc

You all need to reconsider Jay-z and Beyonce being royalty. They are “royalty” in their industry and as entrepreneurs they’re very successful.

They deserve the title and the respect from those they work with.

Obviously their peers are going to send their love, acknowledgement, and congratulations –especially when taken into consideration the longevity of their relationship. Years before this new trend of having a child (more so the trend of being pregnant) was the new craze, the world wondered with excitement for when the happy couple would celebrate their union with the birth of their first child. Beyonce didn’t jump on the bandwagon of “I want to revive my career so I’m going to have a child because it’s the hottest trend now”, it was the right time for her and her husband to start their family. Beyonce always said she would be a mother before the age of 30!

As for British royalty, why do Americans even care about the Monarch? The Monarchy has ties and relations to Canada, not the US. Secondly, the Monarch doesn’t even matter in these times as it did in years prior. The Monarch serves more as a symbol opposed to ruler of the state. Lastly, WHO CARES ABOUT KATE & WILLIAM! What special talents do they have that we can celebrate? They only have fame and glory because of birthright!! Beyonce and Jay-z worked hard for what they have in life, nothing was served to them on a silver platter.

As for Michelle Williams. She’s on point. What does professing her acknowledgment to Beyonce & Jay-z via a social networking site really prove?? That she can type and keep up appearances? What matters is that she congratulates the couple in person, not virtually.

• anonymous

Oh please.

• anonymous

95% of rappers are morons who steal from other songs and make up words. I doubt even THEY know what they’re talking about half the time. They’ll say anything as long as it rhymes. So no, they’re not royalty just because a bunch of teenage kids think they’re cool. Making money doesn’t make you special.

12. anonymous

She’s just a ghetto rat who has money and thinks she’s above everyone now. You can’t take the ghetto out of the rat, no matter how much money you have. Do they still have charm schools?

@ rowe_wc you are on point! America acknowledges this birth as Royalty… The two most talented and famous for their talents couple have just had the most anticipated collaboration ever..Wev’ve waited for it and relieved she’s here! Go Michelle! Let em know how you really feel..btw making the narcissism of your peers obvious..lol!

• Ellen

Excuse me. Some Americans may, but this American recognizes no king or queen. Neither do I consider them the most talented in American music although they have plenty of talent. My tastes in music lean elsewhere.

That said, I do congratulate them as I do any excited new parent(s).

• Daniella

Most talented & famous? That’s totally subjective depending on the person & their taste in music. And this American definitely doesn’t see them as any kind of royalty. The only family that’s ever came remotely close to that was the Kennedy’s & their political dynasty, and even that’s debatable. The U.S. doesn’t HAVE a royal family, so if you want to see one, go visit England or Denmark or Japan.

However, congrats are always due to any couple & their new baby.

Royalty? Really? When “Jay and Bey” have been around as long as the Queen of Soul (Aretha) and the King of Pop (Michael J-RIP), then MAYBE they’ll be slightly close to royalty.

15. anonymous

I just really hope little Blue looks like her mommy. Money isn’t everything and that little girl will be very unfortunate if she looks like her dad. That face on a man is hideous…can you imagine it on a woman??

16. rowe_wc

:adies.

I meant to use single quotations in replacement of italics but was typing too quickly. I was using ‘royalty’ in context of the figurative not the literal.

Of course they aren’t royalty, but because they are so respected in the ENTERTAINMENT industry (not just music), as well as Beyonce is aka ‘Queen B’ this is why Chrisette Michelle made a semi-successful attempt at being witty when referring to their newborn as a ‘princess’.

A person who admires the work and talents of artists does not need to be an admirer of a single genre of music to grasp the reasons to why, there is such a hooplah over the artists’ new born babe.

I personally listen to EVERY genre of music there is -except for heavy metal- and I can fully comprehend that Jay-Z and Beyonce aren’t just black musicians in the genre of rap, but also philanthropists, fashion designers, movie producers, actors, etc. Their talents cross multiple platforms which have allowed for them to make friends with those outside the “ghetto” lifestyle (by the way, Gwyneth Paltrow doesn’t strike me as the type of woman to hang out with anyone ghetto. Just because a person is black, does not make them ghetto. Despite whatever upbringing Jay-z may have had, he certainly showed that the Pygmalion effect is for real).

Hollywood is notorious for producing annulments and divorces, not sustained marriages/unions. So, rock on with your heavy metal guitar Beyonce and Jay-z, and may your days be long as the poster children of lasting love, and in inspiration for those who strive to achieve it.

p.s. has anyone heard is song Glory???