Name: Harlow Winter Kate Richie Madden
Parents: Nicole Richie & Joel Madden
Date of Birth: January 11, 2008
Siblings: Sparrow James Midnight Madden, 2
- Harlow was born in Los Angeles, Calif. at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- She weighed 6 lbs, 7 oz & was 19 inches long at birth
- Her first name was inspired by both Jean Harlow & Shalom Harlow
- Her first middle name of Winter was chosen because it is “serene and quiet and that is how the baby is”
- Her second middle name Kate was chosen because her mother always loved the name but thought it was a little too plain for a first name
- Daddy Joel tweeted a special birthday message for his daughter this morning: “Happy Birthday to my little girl. I’m so proud of her. Life is good. :)”
- The first photos of baby Harlow were sold for $1 million
- The proud parents set up the Richie-Madden Foundation in Harlow’s honor
- Her name was the inspiration behind Nicole’s clothing lines Winter Kate & House of Harlow 1960
“Well I am finally home with my beautiful girlfriend and our brand newlittle daughter. Harlow Winter Kate Madden was born on January 11th2008 at 3:13 pm. She weighed in at 6 pounds and 7 ounces. She is 19inches long and growing everyday already! We are so blessed to have thisbeautiful little baby in our lives. I want to thank everyone for all the love and kind words they’ve sent our way.” proud papa Joel on the birth of his first child.
“She looks somuch like her mom it’s crazy! She eats like a little maniac and she’sreally sweet. She barely ever cries, even when daddy is changing herdiaper, and believe me I suck when it comes to diapers, but I’mlearning! I can’t wait to show off some pictures — until then, THANKS!!and GOD BLESS…Joel” – Good Charlotte vocalist Joel on his new baby girl.
“Having a baby is the most exciting thing that’s ever happened to me, and to us.” – Joel on becoming a father.
“She picks her own clothes. It’s a 20-minute thing – it begins at 7.30 each morning – but it is what it is and it’s fine.” – Nicole on her daughter’s early fashion sense.