Jessica Simpson On Her Pregnancy Diet: “I’m Eating A Lot Of Stuff That I Ate In My Childhood”

Jessica Simpson On Her Pregnancy Diet: "I'm Eating A Lot Of Stuff That I Ate In My Childhood"

Jessica Simpson, 31, seems to be reverting back to her childhood ways – at least when it comes to her diet. Due with her first child this spring with fiancé Eric Johnson, the expectant singer states that she is dining on all of the sugary treats she ate when she was small.

“I had a buttered Pop Tart this morning,” the Fashion star reveals to Extra. “I’m eating a lot of stuff that I ate in my childhood. Kraft Mac n’ Cheese, Pop Tarts, Cap’n Crunch. Everything’s filled with sugar.”

Jessica also adds that she isn’t worrying about calories right now and “giving into [her] cravings,” claiming she will “worry about the rest” after the baby is born.

“I’m like, ‘Yeah, I can do it.” she states. “We’ll worry about the rest afterwards.’”

Thankfully, Jess hasn’t experienced any morning sickness.

“Everybody comes up to me and asks me, ‘How’s the nausea?’ and I’m like, ‘I don’t have any!’”

She might now have any nausea, but the actress says she’s “definitely eating a lot of Tums — I have the reflux and acid going on.”

As far as the sex of the baby, Jessica and Eric are remaining in the dark.

“I feel like it’s already going to be a shock, like, whoa I just pushed that out, you know?”

They may not know if it’s a boy or a girl yet, but that hasn’t stopped the couple from “throwing around” some baby names but will be keeping them “on the down low” for now.

Filed under: Expecting,Jessica Simpson

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. anonymous

Yeah because that’s what your baby needs to grow, lots of sugar. This explains a lot….

2. Desiree Fawn

Is it terrible that this is making me craft KD? ;)

Eating all that junk is only going to make her gain a ton of weight, not to mention it’s unhealthy for her baby! What a moron. . .

Fake hair extensions, black roots, too tight clothes, high heels. She looks extremely uncomfortable.

WTH…buttered Pop Tart?! Sounds kinda gross. I didn’t eat super healthy with either of my pregnancies but compared to the crap she is eating, I feel way better lol

Would not be surprised if her next announcement is that she has gestational diabetes and has to cut out sugar

7. Cass

She should be more careful, using pregnancy as an excuse to go overboard with the bad stuff is no good.
    Jessica has no reasons to look good so she can eat crap in an unhealthy amount and be lazy how much she wants.

I think it’s funny the amount of hate Gisele Bündchen received in comments when CBS posted about how she was being mindful about her health while pregnant. The big majority of women claiming that average Human woman can’t take good care of health due to lack of time.

@Cass – Haha I immediately thought of Gisele’s comments (which were very intelligent and on point) about this too and wondered if anyone else would (choose to) remember them as well, now that someone — Jessica — who personifies what Gisele was talking about has come along… and what the comments would be like.

8. Courtney

um idiots you can help what your ody craves when your pregnant and most celebs that have had gestational diabetes don’t announce it while still pregnant they wait until after. look no further than Mariah Carey last year with her twins you can’t help if your struck by pregnancy complications that make you miserable and there for you eat more

• anonymous

You can’t help what you crave, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some self-control. Just because you crave something doesn’t mean you should eat it, you must be 400 lbs. And if you’re miserable, eating isn’t going to fix your problems either- you sound like a hot mess……oh, sorry, I didn’t realize who I was talking to, it’s Courtney, we all know you’re not all there.

Um… who is the idiot here, maybe you? Don’t jump on us for only saying what is true. Jessica CAN control what she eats, and she should care more about her baby’s health instead of giving into her cravings.

9. Rosy

Hmmm, it shows Jessica. Hopefully she doesn’t get gestational diabetes from eating all that sugary food. I personally wished I hadn’t eaten so much junk while pregnant (my cravings were vanilla ice cream and coca cola) because I’m now 30lbs heavier than I was pre-baby. I’ll definitely be watching what I eat next time, I just wish I had been more careful.

10. Anonymous9

After two or three kids, she’s going to be five feet in all directions. Frankly, she doesn’t look that well; I’ll bet she’s got a doctor watching her blood pressure very carefully.

She reminds me of Kim Zolciak in this picture.