Denise Richards On Her “Modern Family”

Denise Richards On Her "Modern Family"

After a few ups and downs over the years, it seems Denise Richards and her ex Charlie Sheen have managed to find a way to successfully co-parent their girls Sam and Lola – and have become better friends in the process.

“It’s our ‘Modern Family,’ I suppose,” Denise tells Access Hollywood, adding, “We’ve actually become like brother and sister, we really have. We’ve become very, very good friends…. When we all spend time together, it’s great for the kids and for us too. We actually get along.”

The mom-of-three – she adopted daughter Eloise last year – reveals the secret to their success: “I think [the key is] making it about the kids. The stuff between the couple – if you’re divorced – it’s no longer about you anymore,” she muses. “You have to be the bigger person and make it about the kids and so that’s what we’re doing.”

Proving her point, Denise and Charlie and the kids were spotted arriving back home after a family getaway to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico earlier this week.

Filed under: Charlie Sheen,Denise Richards

Photo credit: Charlie Sheen on WhoSay

1. Anon

I think it’s great way to parent! Kids want both parents in their life and it does not matter what that parent did or didn’t do. Co-parenting and being able to do it together means the world to the kids..when it works! I wish it had not taken me and my ex so many bitter years before we were able to be at the same function together for our kids.

good for them!!! the very best thing my parents ever did was stay friendly after the divorce. it made it SO much easier on us!! i feel terrible for people who let their anger hurt their children. sad.

3. Anonymous9

I wonder if she realizes that the odds of Charlie living to a ripe old age are pretty slim and she really wants her daughters to have nice memories of dad. Kind of sad, but she seems like a really good mom who might actually think ahead like that.

This is exactly how divorced parents should handle the situation regarding the children. My dad’s parents divorced when he was 11 and he said they acted very childish about it… e.g. his dad refusing to even come to the door to pick him up etc. Some parents seem to get so wrapped up in their own problems they forget that the kids are affected too and should come first.

I agree, good for them.

great example of showing just because your divorced doesn’t mean you’re not a family!

7. Kat

All that these 2 have been thru, glad they could put it all behind them and hang out together for the kids. Good to see Charlie looking normal again LOL.