Jay-Z Cleans Up Song Lyrics For Blue Ivy

Jay-Z Cleans Up Song Lyrics For Blue Ivy

Jay-Z’s daughter Blue Ivy is only a week old and she’s already making a big influence on the rapper’s life. The Empire State Of Mind hitmaker has released a poem stating that he’s no longer using the word “bitch” in his songs.

He writes: “Before I got in the game, made a change, and got rich / I didn’t think hard about using the word bitch. I rapped, I flipped it, I sold it, I lived it / now with my daughter in this world I curse those that give it.”

He adds: “I never realized while on the fast track that I’d give riddance to the word bitch / to leave her innocence intact. No man will degrade her, or call her name / I’m so focused on your future, the degradation has passed.”

Right after Beyoncé gave birth to Blue Ivy on January 7 – Jay-Z went to record and release Glory, feat. B.I.C. The song features sounds of the baby crying and instantly made it to the Billboard R&B/hip-hop hit list. The result has made the newborn the youngest artist to ever make the prestigious chart.

Filed under: Jay-Z

Photo credit: Splash

1. SMH

hmmm interesting. But while being married it never crosses his mind not to use it?

What about the *F* word or the *N* word. Those still okay though? Just curious.

• ALITTLEFURIOUS

Yes I was thinking the exact same thing. The F word seems to roll off the tongue so easily for a lot of people and why wait until YOU have a baby, there are other babies-children who are just as important and shouldn’t be subjected to that language also. As far as the N word there is no excuse to use it, I don’t care what reason one can come up with. It’s true it’s part of our history and I think it should stay there. We should all be better than that.

So what now that he has daughter he has morals and suddenly thinks it’s wrong to refiners women as Bs so what if he would had a son he would be still ok with the word, I forgot he does have a 9year old son. More like it look bad on his part using the B word in a song that is going to be associated with his daughter so he trying to save face.

3. abigail r

I totally agree with the previous comments. It seems like he would have realized this sooner, however change in this area is great and it is wonderful to hear someone talking about coming to that understanding, no matter how “late” it may seem.

4. Grace

This kid is only about a week old and I’m already sick of hearing about her.

5. Janna

While I commend him for allegedly deleting the word from his vocabulary, he’s been calling other people’s mothers, sister, wives AND daughter’s bitches for years. How was it EVER okay?

• Anon

Exactly! It took being a Dad to a daughter for ONE WEEK for him to realize that calling Women bitches is offensive to WOMEN??? Maybe hitting him upside the head would have enlightened him sooner….?

Actually Shenelle Scott the mother of his son had a DNA test that approved that child is Jay-Z’s and he pays child suporter it’s been known on the black site for year from the time the baby was born and the little boy mother was never looking for media attention she live her live with her son in Trinidad up until the day she died which was last year.

You’re suggesting that one of the biggest names in the music business has a secret child that he never ever mentions and whose mother died last year, yet he just ignores him? He didn’t take custody when the boy’s mother died? His new wife never mentions this child either? Yeah, I don’t think so.

(And what the hell is “the black site”!?!?!?)

Not True..Paternity tests were not given..Jay Z wanted a child so he agreed to take one..The video producer has been declared the father of Shenelle’s child…The mother Shenelle Scott is very much alive, married and living very comfortably. Jay Z has never denied this child..actually he was hoping he had a seed to carry on the name…but unfortunately he IS NOT the father.

glad you finally grew up jay z….it only took till you are 40+…too bad for all us “bitches” that grew up before your daughter, you aren’t the first man to have a daughter, all our daughters are as special to us as yours is to you. it shouldn’t have taken the birth of your child to make you realize right from wrong.

The damage is already done by you and your are late to make a change. The recording are done, sold to the public and infiltrated a culture. Your daughter will be call a *B* at some point in her life by a male figure that probably idolize you. Start thinking of a better explanation than the one you are trying to sell to your fans about you having a a daughter. The world have not change because Blue is born.

9. Anita

I agree it’s time a lot of these adults act like adults and take some responsibility for the effect they have on our children-not just theirs. It’s a shame they have to realize by having their own children what a negative impact they have had on society. Take a look around, your baby is not the only one who shouldn’t be subjected to such language. But on a positive note, at least one child has a parent who IS thinking about such things now. Would be nice if all adults practiced growing up as far as their language around children. Many more words to consider, not just the B word.

10. Annonymous

It’s true, I think society makes us who we are but we can try to do better. I only wish some people would have tried a little sooner, say when they were having an influence on other young children. Little Blue is not going to be immuned to all the bad in the world-language being one thing. It’s nice he thinks so much of his child but believe me a lot of people think just as much of their children, yet they were and are exposed to his music and his influence. Just because that baby was born doesn’t change the evilness in the world.

11. SMH

I wonder if he and Beyonce had a son if his views would of changed??

He seems immature. So he had no respect for women until he had a daughter? Well, better late than never I suppose. The money is made now anyway so he can do an about turn.

13. Erin

Epiphanies can come at any point in life, making a person want to change. This is what it took for him. I think it’s great.

• Anon

No, it is wrong that he ever thought it was OK in the first place! Don’t give this moron credit for suddenly realizing calling females” bitches” is offensive to women…Just because* suddenly *he has a newborn daughter! He has a WIFE a MOTHER, A GRANDMOTHER, A GREAT-GRANDMOTHER>>>A MOTHER-IN-LAW ETC.. Somehow calling them bitches was A-OKAY A WEEK ago- along with all women of the world, but he is reformed now??? Give me a break! What is wrong with women that they would even marry a man like him??

“Give me a break! What is wrong with women that they would even marry a man like him??”

BECAUSE BEYONCE IS A GHETTO HOODRAT JUST LIKE JAY-Z. They are both uneducated ignorant musicians living the “ghetto fabulous” lifestyle off of idiots with no taste in music who buy the craptastic songs these two make.

He needs to change the grammar in that song too – it’s written in ebonics.

The problem isn’t Jay-Z, the problem is the people who buy his garbage.

What a jerk! He didn’t mind “giving it” where other kids are concerned. He didn’t care what they heard.

I wish he would really change but I don’t believe he has the goodness in him. I feel bad for the child.

I’m already sick of this baby and how the world suddenly has to change because she arrived.

18. jennyj

Who care if a females get called BITCHES? Really its what u answer to. So some of u must fit in that category when he was using the word bitch. A HIT DOG WILL HOLLER