Jennifer Garner Talks ‘Butter,’ Baby Names & Burgeoning Bumps On ‘The Tonight Show’

Jennifer Garner may feel like she’s “17 and a half months pregnant,” but in a recent appearance on The Tonight Show, the award-winning actress assured host Jay Leno that she’s definitely not due until the spring, despite the many questions about the size of her growing bump. She’s just having a “full-sized” baby.

As for whether she and hubby Ben Affleck are expecting a little sister or a little brother for daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3, Garner wasn’t as forthcoming with that info, only telling Leno that while they’re having a “little something,” she’s “not supposed to share” that news; or the name they’ve already chosen for baby number 3.

Their girls, however, have had quite a few suggestions.

“Our girls are working on names,” the Butter star explains. “At first they were definitely Disney; it was like Donald Duck, Minnie Mouse Affleck, and then they’ve moved on. Then it was Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Smee, and now they’re just over it and they’re writing lists and coming up with lists and coming in and saying, ‘Let’s have a baby naming contest,’ ‘Let’s have a baby naming poll.’ They ask everyone because they just wanna know, but we’re not telling them.”

Sounds like we’re not the only ones who are out of the loop!

Filed under: Celebrity Moms,Celebrity Pregnancies,Jennifer Garner

Photo credit: NBC

Well, spring starts March 20. I’m 32 weeks along right now and due March 13. So she’s max 31 weeks. That’s CRAZY to me. Lady is right, her bump is huge!! She looks amazing though and carries it very well :) I just can’t imagine being as big as she currently is… even at full term. More power to her!

2. kate

she’s probably due early march, i am guessing

Ok, all the Disney names the girls picked out were boy names, so yeah, I am pretty sure it’s a boy!!! ;)

I’m pretty sure it’s a boy. She slipped up when she was talking about working with Hugh Jackman doing a love scene and said something about naming the baby “Jackman”…that’s not exactly a girl’s name. But then she realized what she said and quickly said, “or Jackman Louise”……am I the only one who caught that?

• Shayla Perry

I caught that too. Lol. I think she slipped up quite a bit. Totally convinced it’s a boy.

Loved the Jackman slip up. I’ve been saying since the beginning she was having a boy, this comment by jen confirms it’s a boy. The majority of names she was talking about on jay were mainly boy names, so she’s deifnitely expecting a son for ben and a brother for her daughters.

5. Louise

She says she’s only 17 weeks…

The first time I noticed her face looks somewhat… artificial…? Her lips, she had such beautiful natural lips…

6. klutzy_girl

I think she’ll have the baby late February. (Early March, at the latest.)

And I’m convinced the boy rumors were right – She slipped up last night when talking about a sex scene with Hugh Jackman – Jen mentioned naming the baby “Jackman” as a joke and then covered it up with Jackman Louise.

7. bjyhfw

oyonwdbw

8. JLM

wow! any chance she’s having 2? i know you “show” quicker with additional pregnancies but it looks like she’s gonna pop any day! still beautiful though :)

9. jd

I think her face and lips have just plumped up with the pregnancy, she’s still adorable though! I really like her, she seems very funny and down to earth. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did slip up, I think she slipped with her other two while on talk shows.

10. Tracy

I just LOVE her!

no one laughs at her..there was awkward silence! but i think she seems so nice :)