Celebrity Baby Names: The Best & The Worst

Celebrity Baby Names: The Best & The Worst

With the recent arrival of Blue Ivy Carter – the first child of R&B royal couple Beyoncé and Jay-Z – we couldn’t help but reminisce on the best and worst baby names out of Hollywood.

Who will be the next Shiloh, Suri, Pilot Inspektor or Moxie Crimefighter?

There’s a fine line between unique and just plain cruel when naming your child, and nobody does that better than our favorite celebrities! Let’s take a look through some of the best, worst and wackiest celeb baby names…

Take a look through our small list outlining some of the best and worst baby names out of Hollywood. Who got the perfect mix of unique and fabulous? Who got is all wrong?

The Worst:

• Blue Ivy
  • Apple
  • Pilot Inspektor
  • Bronx Mowgli
  • Zuma Nesta Rock
  • Ikhyd Edgar Arular
  • Buddy Bear
  • Sparrow James Midnight
  • Bluebell Madonna
  • Bandit Lee
  • Bardot Vita (note: her name has since been changed to Bella)
  • Bear Blu

• Delilah Genoveva
  • Indiana
  • Arabella Rose
  • Flynn Christopher
  • Bennett
  • Skyler Morrison

Which celeb baby names are the best? The worst? The craziest?

Filed under: Exclusives

Photo credit: FameFlynet/INFphoto.com

1. Anon

uh…WHO are the judges here…Hattie Margaret is BEST? That name makes me throw up a little in my mouth…AS does Lourdes and Ramona, Xander, Suri, StellaLuna AND HONOR! GROSS And Ethyl…lilly somebody named their kid Ethyl…JUST because it’s an OLD name {most of those above} Does not mean it is a GOOD name! Might as well bring back Myrtle..and Beckensale or her clone-named a kid Agnes…Amy Poeler with Archie..the old names suck! Just because they are old and worn does not mean they are good!And anyone who thinks a kid named Agnes has a better chance at school than a kid named BLUE or SPIKE…think again!

2. svenjaa

I love all the Jolie-Pitt’s names. And Bluebell and Blue Ivy is WORST?!
    Erm, those are GREEAT.
    My faves are Harlow, Haven, Ryder and Skyler tho.

3. May

Agree with Anon, actually. I agree with almost everything, except for Aleph in the “worst” section. It’s a cute Hebrew name. And Easton Quinn Monroe is plain odd.

4. Pippa

This again? Hasn’t Celeb Baby Scoop reported on this before? Blah. Boring, IMO

5. Anon

I actually agree with these lists! I thought they were going to stick some of the more famous people’s babies in the ‘best’ for the sake of it but am pleasantly surprised by how much I agree!
    I like when celebs chose reasonably normal or traditional names, or names with nice meanings. Can’t stand it when they choose stupid names, it’s like child abuse making a child grow up and try to get a career when they have a silly name.

6. Arabella

I think Delilah is the best. the worst are Petal Blossom Rainbow and Sundance.I totally hate the name Coco.

Suri as best ???
    My favs are Stella Luna, Harper & Jen Garner’s girls’ name <3

Stella Luna is the name of a bat in a children’s book. Shiloh is the name of a beagle in a movie of the same name. A lot of these names are adorable for a pet (Apple, Moxie, Peanut, Blue, Hattie) but are just horrible for a kid. I hate all of the Jolie-Pitt names except for Vivienne. I love the Garner-Affleck’s kids names and unlike most of the celeb kids I see-they are actually adorable. Can’t wait to see what they name their new baby (I predict Daisy if it is a girl!)

I hate the Garner-Affleck’s kids names just really bad names.

10. anonymous

Easton Quinn Monroe, Krishna Thea, Ruby Sweetheart, Emerson Truett, Dannielynn Hope, Hattie Margaret? All of those definitely belong on the “worst” list. I also love the name Harper but pairing it with Seven puts it on the “worst” list for me as well. (I know it has special meaning)

As far as the “worst” list, I have always like the names Ever Gabo and Bardot Vita. They make me think of Old Hollywood which is a huge passion of mine. Lastly, I would like the name West Flynn if it was reversed to Flynn West.

11. CM

Amaya Josephine is very classy. Love it.

12. tori fan

I for one love the name hattie margaret

13. tori fan

I for one love the name hattie margaret

14. Sisi

Mirabella is pretty but Bunny? Painter, Ballerina, Gunner, Crimefighter, Peanut and Press are so silly. I think Knox Leon and Ever Gabo are cute. The worst is Bear Blu (sounds like toy’s name) and the best is Harlow Winter Kate. I love Faith Margaret (why there’s not Sunday Rose?), Honor Marie and Haven Garner tho

how is Seraphina in best names? and Delilah? Satyana? Krishna? really?
    lots of bad choices in the “best names” I guess it’s all relative to the worst…

and let’s not forget Michael Jackson’s (RIP) sense of naming…
    Prince Michael, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II (aka Blanket)

16. A.

In the USA there are no rules and laws when giving name to a child? I live in Europe and we can’t give a special, unique name to a child (Pilot Inspector, Peanut, Blue), because we have to ask for permission.
    (sorry for my english)

I agree with most of the “Worst” list but there are some on the “Best” list that need to be transferred over! Such as: Kenzo, Harper Seven, Aviana Olea, Louisianna Ray, and Flynn (sounds just like phlegm – GROSS!!!)
    The Garner-Affleck’s have my favorite naming style! So classy and gorgeous! Can’t wait to hear the 3rd one’s name. :)

I think, as long as the Parents are famous all names are ok (more or less) like “ah, that is the daughter of XX – celebrities!”
    When the Parents not longer are famous – the names are just weird.

I

@ “A”
    I live in Europe too and as long as you can prove its a “human” name you can name it Pilot Inspector, as long as it does not harm the child´s welfare – what Pilot Inspector would do in my country….

20. Ashley

Michael Jackson actually had some very sweet baby names. Michael Jr. (Prince) was born shortly after one of Michael’s grandfathers passed. Michael had 2 grandfathers named Prince, so Michael Jr. became Prince. The nickname stuck. Paris was conceived in Paris, France, so she was named Paris-Michael after Paris and after her father. Prince Michael II (Blanket) was another tribute to a grandfather, but I think because they called Michael Jr. Prince, they just stuck the II on there. Not sure what that was about, but I don’t think it’s a bad name at all. All of Michael’s kids go by nicknames. Prince (Michael Jr.) Paris (Paris-Michael) and Blanket (Prince Michael II) are much better than Moxie Crimefighter, Audio Science, Pilot Inspektor, need I go on?

21. may belle

woww! I did not see one good name out of ”both lists” the best list or the worst list of names. they were all really ugly and crazy names I did not one good name there. all of em were stupid crazy names!!! that’s my opinion!!

• Ashley

May Belle is it?….My sons name is Alexander Lore after my mother laura that died and I love it. (We call him Xander Lore) for short and hes a strong, smart little boy so I think it fits him nicely

22. Sophia-Blue

wow! Blue Ivy! sounds like some blue poisonous ivy. Trust Beyonce and Jay-z to pick a nice name for their child. But guys, Beyonce’s middle name is Giselle!

I’m not gonna comment on how I feel about the names.
    Some I agree with whilst others I can’t agree with. But
    Its sad knowing my mom went to school with twins
    whose names were literally “Petal” and “Teaspoon”.
    Yes. For real.

24. Jessica

I feel sorry for the kid named Sundance that has to be the worst ever.

25. LP

I disagree with Phinnaeus being on the worst list. The spelling is off (traditional is Phinehas or Finneus or Finneas) but I actually quite like the name!

26. niloo

jessicas kids names r very nice haner & haven!
    suri means rose i think! nice!
    i love my name so much : niloofar its a kind of beautifull flower called: Nymphaea or Water Lily or Egyptian lotus i love it !!!!!!

27. Tara

Most of these names a awful! I live in Australia and over here there is a baby naming register and if the nurse or doctor thinks the name is too stupid for a real child they will reject it and tell you to choose a different one. It’s not taking away your choice, it’s making sure the child doesn’t have to grow up being abused because their parents wanted them to have a “special” name.

28. Anne

I think Suri is a weird name. It sounds weird. Apple is the worst. Morrocan and Monroe sound like a joke. Seriously, Mariah? It even sounds funny especially together. Anja (Alessandra Ambrosio’s daughter) is also a ugly name. ◦Pilot Inspektor and Peanut Kai? seriously? Prince Michael I and Prince Michael II… I’ll not even comment on that. It doesn’t need explanation.

My favorites are Valentina, Lourdes, Carys Zeta, Stella, Shiloh Nouvel (it sounds so classy), Paris, Hazel, Rocco, Maddox and Levi.

29. yeoldetoade

I dont see a whole lot of difference between the BEST and WORST list.

For the record, Stellaluna is a BAT. From a storybook.