Jennifer Lopez: “It Takes A Village To Raise Babies”

Jennifer Lopez: "It Takes A Village To Raise Babies"

Aspiring singer Britnee Kellogg got more than just a ticket to Hollywood when she auditioned for American Idol recently – the 27-year-old mom also received a few words of wisdom from judge Jennifer Lopez.

When Britnee asked J.Lo, who is mom to 3-year-old twins Max and Emme, how she juggles a career and motherhood the ‘Get on the Floor’ singer replied, “You don’t leave your kids. See, your kids are right here, my kids are right out there. You have to be happy so they are happy. It takes a village to raise babies. My mum is here with me too. When you have dreams you make them happen and they’re only better for it.”

A single mom since her split last year from the kids’ dad Marc Anthony, Jennifer recently revealed that despite 3 divorces she “still [believes] in love.”

The multi-talented mama is now romancing 24-year-old dancer Casper Smart.

Filed under: Jennifer Lopez

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

In her case it takes a village of nannies because she certainly isn’t doing it. She spends more time with her boy toy than her own children.

2. Nina D.

Uh, no, actually, it doesn’t, Jennifer. It just takes a Mother who loves her children more than her career that’s long since passed it’s expiration date.

I’ve seen JLO all over the place with her boy toy but no kids.

Yes it’s great to have help and how wouldn’t love that but in JLO case it takes a village to raise babies when your too busy running around getting paparazzi attention with your new boy toy. She might want to try and spend some time apart from the boyfriend and spent it with her kids their young and a divorce and the big changes that comes with it can be really on children especially young ones because they don’t always get what’s going on on.

I don’t see a problem with her having fun but she needs to put her kids first.

The boy toy is a new thing. I don’t think there’s enough history there to judge whether she spends more time with him or with them.

BUT.. this is a woman who makes movies, records albums, shills a thousand products, and is on a tv show (none of which I think she does very well, but hey, it’s made her a small fortune, so she’s doing SOMETHING right). There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do all that these things require AND be a dedicated hands-on mother. It would just defy the space and time continuum.

Having them nearby at all times doesn’t really count, I don’t think. Or does it? I don’t know. I guess I just hope she’s a good mom. But I hope that about everyone.

You don’t live with her and you don’t know her schedule. .You have nothing to base your comments on. Try being a positive role model for our kids, if you can still remember how to smile. Work on improving yourself.

Really because their are picture of her in NY, Miami, getting on and off airplanes with her boy toy and no kids. When she was with Mark were ever they went the kids and nannies and grandma came along and their are tons of pictures that proves this.

5. Pippa

I highly doubt Jennifer Lopez used the word “Mum”. We say “Mom” in the U.S. Just saying. It was in quotes as if she said it.

• NYC Mommy

Maybe she would use MUM …It is very trendy for US celebs to think they are Brits… (i.e. Madonna) ha ha

• Anon

Let’s forget about whether Jlo said “mum” or not. Now, I was raised in London (born in NY but moved when I was 2)but have lived in NY since I was 16, I still say “mum”, so according to you just because I am in the US I should “assimilate” and say it how you people say it. People with that mentality make me ashamed of being an American by birth and it’s the reason why so many people dislike Americans. SMH

• Anon

I’m not American and I agree with Pippa. The person who wrote the article & quote decided to use “mum”.

• NYC Mommy

Anon- I belive the difference between you and J.Lo is that you were raised in UK from aged 2-16 and and J.Lo was born and raised in good Ole Bronx NYC. Nowhere for her to pick up term MUM in the South Bronx. You were in UK when you learned language so it makes sense that you still say Mum, also mayber jumper for sweater and chips for french fries… :)

Lucky for J Lo she is rich enough to OWN a villiage.

8. hepcat

COMMENT FAIL

Anonymous said:
    “did anyone else noticed the error in the article–it stated she’s 27 years old? I got a good laugh out of it…she only wishes she’s that age again”
    READ IT AGAIN:
    Aspiring singer Britnee Kellogg… (a) 27-year-old mom also received a few words of wisdom from judge Jennifer Lopez (who is 42, btw).

I think that I don’t trust a village of people to raise my kids, only a select few. Quality over quantitiy, I also want to be the main person my kids come to and not a nanny.

Maybe Jennifer Lopez said that. But Britnee Kellogg wasn’t really single…she had a live in boyfriend the past 2 years that helped a lot with her kids. It’s funny how people just believe whatever is told to them.