Christina Aguilera On Marrying Young, Reconnecting With Father

Christina Aguilera On Marrying Young, Reconnecting With Father

Christina Aguilera graces the March 2012 cover of Latina and opens up about getting married young and growing older, her estranged relationship with her father, and raising her 4-year-old son Max with ex-husband Jordan Bratman.

On getting married and divorced young: “Was I too young? Not at all. I did the exact right thing at the time… I definitely wasn’t too young. I have always been older than my age.”

On co-parenting with ex-husband: “When I’m shooting The Voice, it’s intense. On a day like today, my ex has my son and we are not shooting, so I slept and I just slept. I love doing everything in my bed. Eating, sleeping…It’s my domain and my throne…I do it all in my bed.”

On reconnecting with her father: “I’ve talked about how rough things were for me and I’m sure he’s heard it. He can’t be thrilled about it. So maybe one day we can do lunch…I’m 31 years old now. Maybe it’s time.”

On criticisms of not being Latina enough: “I’ve dealt with that my whole life. I don’t speak the language fluently. And I’m split right down the middle, half Irish and half Ecuadorean. I should not have to prove my ethnicity to anyone. I know who I am.”

Continue reading the interview with Christina at Latina

Filed under: Christina Aguilera

Photo credit: Latina

She was a few weeks shy of 25 when she got married. I wouldn’t call that “young.”

Also, it’s Ecuadoran.

Obviously she was young seeing all the bad decisions she is making now. really feel for her. She needs to go away for a while and get her act together. She is talented.

4. Cass

I so agee when people say Christina should focus in the most problematic areas in her life.

“I love doing everything in my bed. Eating, sleeping…It’s my domain and my throne…I do it all in my bed.”
    Judging by her appearance is more than obvious that she eats crap in an unhealthy amount and does spend her time on bed.

Age doesn’t matter when you do not think about the future and doing plans for the future is supposed to be something every mature educated woman is used to do. Marrying, exploiting the relationship is every single way, then suddenly ending the relationship after finding a new guy just to use this new relationship to be exploited like the last. How many songs Christina said her ex-husband was the best man in the world and that she never would be able to find a better man than him? The guy at least is pretty damn rich thanks to her. Let’s wait for songs praising the man in her life right now.

I don’t understand Christina when she talks about her biological father. She said in the start of her success she had a fine relationship with him but they were very distant. Then after the release of her third album she massacrated him publicly. Now she wants to have a nice relationship with him again.

One thing that any smart person who has folloed her career knows that she only talks about her Latina roots when she has to sell something related to the Latino market this time is the magazine and she knows that thanks to the publicity during the relase of her album in Spanish she got a huge Latino fanbase she has to keep it. Christina must be stupid if she isn’t able to learn Spanish, the woman said several times along the years that she was having Spanish lessons and we are in 2012 and she still can’t hold a conversation in the language. C’mon.

Anyone that says anything along the lines of “I’m an old soul”/”I’m older than my age”/”My real age is ___” is lying to themselves. Sorry but I doubt she’s as mature as she’d like to think she is.

She is also half German.

you shoud look up the meaning of the world “half” or take a basic mathematics class

• honey brown

the funny thing is, the 1/2 german comment is the least stupid post.. that voluminous judgement on xtina was not only inarticulate, but it was highly speculative bashing.. c’mon addressing her PERSONAL relationship with her estranged father as yet another bullet point on an already pointless diss? [giving no sympathy to the history domestic violence..] the shit ain’t even right.. we don’t know her to have such strong [probably incorrect] opinions on what goes on behind closed doors..