Name: Charlie Axel Woods
Parents: Tiger Woods & Elin Nordegren
Date of Birth: February 8, 2009
Siblings: Big sister Sam, 4
- Charlie was born on a Sunday
- His father is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank him among the most successful golfers of all time
- His mother is a Swedish former model
- It was reported that Tiger was anxious for his son to “swing a club”
- His parents divorced when he was 1-year-old
“Elin and I are thrilled to announce the birth of our son, Charlie Axel Woods. Both Charlie and Elin are doing great and we want to thank everyone for their sincere best wishes and kind thoughts. Sam is very excited to be a big sister and we feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.” – Tiger on the birth of his first son.
“Well, I’m a single parent, basically. When the kids are with me, I’m with them. I’m present with them and that’s what matters the most. Everything else goes away. Golf is way down the list. It’s about trying to get them so that they’re able to be successful in life. Make them happy. Teach them each and every time they’re with me. So it’s not about golf.” – Tiger on his new role as single father.