Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Whitney Houston Dead at 48

Legendary singer Whitney Houston has passed away.

Though the cause of death remains unknown, the tragic news was confirmed today by the superstar’s publicist Kristen Foster. She leaves behind her 18-year-old daughter Bobbi Kristina.

Having enjoyed incredible success in the 1980s and 90s, Whitney inspired an entire generation of singers that came after her. Though she soared in her professional life, the Grammy-winner’s personal life was marked by turmoil. Married to singer Bobby Brown for 14 years, the relationship was often a tumultuous one with allegations of domestic abuse and struggles with addiction.

Our condolences go out to Whitney’s daughter, family and friends.

Filed under: Whitney Houston

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Arabella

r.i.p whitney

2. Snaperulz

I just saw the news flash. So sad for the family, especially Bobbi Christina. My condolences.

3. Snaperulz

4. Camille L. Carter

I am so very saddened to learn about Whitney’s death. Man, I am still shocked; sad; in disbelief…..WOW! My prayers and thoughts go out to Bobbi Kristina, her mom, her entire family, and all of those who TRULY loved her. Life is so short everyone-live 2day like its your last…..RIP Miss Whitney Houston-you still looked good AND I was still pulling & rooting 4 ya. Gone, but neva, ever forgotten……EVER!

5. Lynn

this is such a SHOCK! i grew up on her music back in the 80′s & 90′s. I am sooo sorry 4 her loss. My condolences to her daughter Bobbi Kristina.

Almost had it all…sorry to say that but I saw it coming. Too bad such a talented and beautiful woman wasted her life because of drugs!

r.i.p feel sorry for her daughter n family

8. Natalie

After hearing one of Whitney’s songs around 2002 aged about 12, I stole my mother’s Whitney Houston Greatest hits and never looked back! What a legend! R.I.P Whitney

9. Anabelle

At the end of the day, she was shooting up when she should’ve been taking care of her little girl. I am not surpised by her death and have no sympathy. It’s her daughter I feel for.

• Ashley

How do you know that? I love how people just ASSume before the actual details are in. Show some respect. Right now it looks like an accidental drowning after having taken Xanax. Xanax is not a bad drug, btw. I’ve taken it for anxiety before. Lots of people do, they just don’t like to talk about it, because they feel people will judge them. Xanax can make you drowsy, it can affect people in all sorts of ways. This is a tragedy, no matter how you look at it. Whitney had one of the greatest voices of all time, and IMO, was the greatest female singer in the biz. She was not a perfect person, she was a human being, and every human being has their faults. Sadly, living in the spotlight makes all of your faults everybody’s business. I hope you are finally at peace, Whitney. RIP.

You just come off sounding stupid because you have no idea how she die and right now they think she downed in her bath tub.

What the heck does it have to do with celebrity BABIES??

11. Ashley

To the last anonymous, Whitney was a mother, and her daughter is a celebrity baby, no matter how old she is.

Rest in peace, Whitney. Your music formed a bond between myself and my father. He was a huge fan, as was I. I just watched The Bodyguard (for the zillionth time) just a few days ago. Can’t believe you are gone. Rest in peace Queen of the Night.

12. Girl928

Sing with the angels, beautiful girl… You were incredible during the time you were with us… And I was always in your corner! R. I. P. Whitney!
    Sincere sympathies to the family… Especially Bobbi Christina… Please watch her 24/7… So hard for such a young lady… You are ALL in my prayers…
    Jersey Girl

13. anonymous

Please, dot say itstrue. I…cant…

14. melo1983

Rest In Paradise. Prayers to Bobbi Kristina and Whitney’s family. What a loss.

15. anonymous

i am so sad, so tired, i cant think.

Is anyone really that surprised when a crazy crackhead dies?? I do not understand how this is a “shock” to anyone.