Jennifer Aniston: “I’m Not Knocked Up Now”

Jennifer Aniston: "I'm Not Knocked Up Now"

Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd cover the latest edition of GQ and open up about marriage, getting older and those pesky pregnancy rumors. The longtime pals who have “kissed for years” are costars in the new comedy Wanderlust.

Jennifer, on pregnancy rumors: “I’m not having triplets. Not having twins. Nor am I having one baby. I did not elope… The one time I do say, “Yes! I’m pregnant!” they’ll be like, “Pfft. Right.” Anyway, I’m drawing the line on the children conversation. You heard it here. I’m not knocked up now. I recently quit smoking, and you do put on some extra pounds. It makes a difference, especially if you’re not 20. I think people maybe want me to have a kid now. I still kind of go with, if it happens, it happens. I’m calm and peaceful with whatever the plan is. It’s not something where I’m going, “I gotta have a kid!” Part of the picture-perfect life? I think that’s sort of cliché, isn’t it? Like, if you want to be happy, you should have the house, the husband, the kids… Kids are messy!”

Paul, on relationships: “I think most marriages, mine included, you’re constantly tending the garden, constantly working at it.”

Jennifer, on relationships: “It’s a growing, literally living thing. There’s going to be growing pains, there’s going to be awkward moments—your lanky phase, your pimpled phase. But if the road starts to [diverge] and one person is growing this way and the other is growing that way… Sometimes that can happen and you can stay together, and sometimes you can’t.”

Jennifer, on being in her 40s: “Forty’s great! Oh, my God, my thirties blew! Forties are great.”

Continue reading the interview with Jennifer and Paul at GQ

Filed under: Jennifer Aniston,Paul Rudd

Photo credit: GQ

Finally some honesty from Jennifer Aniston. Instead of for years saying she wanted kids, was planning to have them, etc., she is now saying what she really feels at this point in her life, that whatever happens, happens. I think everyone can quit with the pregnancy speculation now.

I love how she change her story because up until now all of her interviews for years have been

( “I gotta have a kid!” Part of the picture-perfect life? I should have the house, the husband, the kids )

She should have said that years ago instead of playing up that good girl image who got to have that so called pictuer perfect life. She really is trying to chance her image good for her but I only see the old Jen.

In every single interview I’ve ever read, she always has said she’d like to have a child but won’t go crazy if she doesn’t, she’s not in a hurry to become a mother, and whatever happens happens.

Has she really changed that answer? I don’t think so.

3. Jem

she doesnt look a day over 28.. Jeez!

4. Summer

I understand what she’s saying now – she doesn’t feel like babies are a necessity for her life, and she’s offended that “babies” are a constant in her narrative… but hasn’t she done that to herself? She’s the one who went to Vanity Fair and talked about how much she wanted children and how she will be a mother. She’s the one talking about it in interview after interview. So I don’t get why she trying to blame the media when she the one who made that act part of her image for the last 7 years.

5. Katie

As for her quit smoking maybe she not smoking as much because the Daily Mail has pictures of her smoking on the balcony of her birthday party bash.

A 43 yo who has never been pregnant needs to stop smoking if she wants to get pregnant

Actually if you look closely at that picture she isn’t smoking at all – the thing the DM is trying to say is a cigarette is far too large and too bright, and her fingers are going through it. Not to mention her mouth is open and it’s behind her head and hand. X17 has additional shots (and they were the ones that took the pics to begin with and didn’t claim she was smoking), and you can tell it’s simply the glare from a candle or glass in the background.

6. Danielle

I feel for her having to put up with the pregnancy rumours. Everyone is so critical. You can see from pictures of her with friends babies and the way she’s talked in interviews, she’s wanted children, but it’s just never happened. Considering what happened with her ex husband it’s a good job they didn’t have any children that would have got mixed up in the mess. It seems people want her to rush into having kids with whatever guy she is with, and if she did and they broke up everyone would criticise her for that too. She’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t.
    Jennifer has probably got to the point where she knows it might never happen for her, at 43 you have to start accepting that, i’m glad to see she is positive about it though. Like Jennifer (although im 10yrs her junior) would love to have children in my life but for one reason or another it hasnt happened yet, but im sure as hell not going to put my life on hold waiting for my right to have them with. Jennifer is a good role model for women.

• anonymous

Jennifer is a good role model for women don’t make me laugh.

To bank of your pitty party for 7 years and say how much she wants kids when dosen’t what them. Thank god her PR guy realized that she to old for that image and has set up a new one.

She needs to stop beating around the bush and just say she doesn’t want any kids. No one is forcing her to reproduce because she’s female and it’s nothing wrong with her not wanting kids but she just needs to admit she just doesn’t want them. Before you go o she in the last 7 year she was waiting for the right guy to come along and now she 43 and bla bla bla. She stated in an interview about 2 years ago that she did need a man to have kids that she had the financial means to support a child and still no kids came of that ether.

She doesn’t have to “stop beating around the bush” because she doesn’t owe you or anyone else an explanation about whether she wants kids or not.

You are the media’s dream I bet, believing everything you read. This woman said herself that all this made up drama about her and Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie is just that: made up. Why are so quick to believe all that nonsense, when almost none of it came from HER?

• anonymous

Actually I don’t believe every thing I read just like I didn’t believe she was pregnant when other people on this site were congradulatiing her or believe that Angelina was pregnant with 1 child let alone twins, nor did I believe Jen’s a alcoholic when Star was running a story that she was , that Heidi and Seal were splitting until they said they were, really who dosen’t know that only 10% of what the tabloids write is true.

As for her not wanting kids the proof is in the putting she talk about wanting kids since 2000 that was 12 years ago, she voice that she didn’t need a man to have kids still no kids, that a big sign that she doesn’t want them and if she want’ed the media to leave her alone for the most part then for the last 7 years she need to stop making I want kids thing a part of her skit.

• anonymous

Why do you care if she talks about wanting and/or not wanting kids? Do you think she’s conning you or something? Like a poster below said: it’s her ovaries! She gets asked the question about having kids in every interview. I don’t think it’s that surprising that her answer changes depending on where she is in her life.

Also, has it occurred to anyone that she CAN’T have kids and doesn’t feel like she has to share that either?

How sad,I personally think Jen doesn’t want kids either. Long after her boyfriend or next husband etc is gone she will be alone with her dog, which cannot replace a child.

8. Danielle

She has always mentioned she’s wanted children, in an interview in 1998 (i think it was Letterman) when she was with Tate, he bought her dog and she was asked ‘is this to hold off on the babies for a while?’ Jen openly talked about wanting them. She did on her very frank interview with Diane Sawyer, Friends was coming to end and she said her and Brad were planning on starting a family. After her and Brad broke up she did an interview with Oprah where again she said most definitely wanted babies.
    She may have the money to be able to have a baby by herself but she has said in a video interview while promoting The Switch, that she found women who did it by themselves interesting and she isn’t sure she’d choose that for herself.
    I tend to take magazine interviews with a pinch of salt as words are twisted, and they miss parts out that people say.
    Either way it’s her life and her ovaries.

Thank-you so much for pointing out these interviews of Jennifer’s that those that like to hate on her for the kid issue seem to have forgotten (the 1997/8 one was with Leno). There were also two interviews she did with the Friends cast for Oprah (in Nov. 2003 and May 2004) where she expressed how much she wanted a child (and it was clear by how excited she was on the topic and how she kept rubbing CCox’s pregnant belly). In an April 2004 People interview she specifically said she and her ex were trying for a baby. He also told this to Oprah in 2004 and then to Marie Claire that same year. There have been rumors that they may have had fertility or miscarriage issues, though we will never know the truth unless they inform us. The point though is that they obviously both wanted and tried for a child and it didn’t happen for them, then they split (BTW they’ve both said since they split that the idea she didn’t want children was in Pitt’s words, “utter BS”).

The baby narrative had followed her long before she split from her ex (she even spoofed it on SNL in 2004). But when they split a lot of tabloid media and haters tried to put the blame on her saying she didn’t want kids. This is why she had to come out so strongly and say otherwise in 2005. I don’t think she thought it would cause the tabloids and media to constantly push this on her since then. She has said on Oprah and The View that the most hurtful rumors she’s heard about herself are the ones saying she doesn’t or didn’t want children. She’s also said her preferred way of having a child is with a partner.

She’s been seeing Theroux for about 9 months so I’m not sure why everyone is pushing for her to already be having a child with him. I think it’s refreshing that she isn’t rushing into a baby simply because of her age. They’ve been living together for a while, have recently bought a home together (much larger than she said she intended to buy before getting involved with him), and now have adopted a puppy together. All these things seem to say that they are committed and taking things in a step by step manner. She’s also quit smoking, and by saying “if it happens, it happens” for all we know they are trying right now.

I think if and when they’re ready for kids, if she can’t get pregnant, there’s always adoption or surrogacy. And we have no idea what her/their specific plans on any of this are.

9. anonymous

I feel like for the last 10 years EVERY interview in EVERY magazine and on EVERY talk show has been about Jennifer and babies. Its getting a little old. Why don’t they just drop it? I bet you when she’s 60 we’ll still be asking her if she’s planning on having babies any time soon.

Well she’s been in the public eye for 18 years. I would imagine that a lot of ideas, wants, needs, perceptions etc. change over time. I think that a LOT of women when they are young can imagine a life where they want kids in an abstract sense. As something you know will happen someday in the future because we somehow always expect that from women. But a lot can happen over time. Maybe she’s re-evaluating those early projections. She’s in an unenviable position where every single word she has ever said gets resurrected and repeated as if it is always gospel.

Most people understand that people can change their minds or re-define what they earlier said. I always swore I could never settle to live in a small town. Too slow, too provincial. I am a city girl born and bred! I need noise, lights and sidewalks. But where am I now. In a small town and loving it. It doesn’t have to be about lying or changing a story. It can be just as simple as adapting and learning over time what is you really want.

11. She needs to hurry up and have some children. Biological clock is ticking. No one should admire her for being skinny and having no children. We should admire the woman who have had children and STILL look great.