Molly Sims Posts Stretch Mark Prevention Recipe

Molly Sims Posts Stretch Mark Prevention Recipe

As many of you know, Molly Sims is giving her fans an opportunity to follow her throughout her pregnancy by way of pictures, updates, and little personal facts and tidbits she offers via MollySims.com.

This week, the 38-year-old Project Accessory host posts a recipe for a homemade belly butter she claims is the “ultimate weapon against stretch marks.”

“Stretch marks are one of the least fun parts about being pregnant, and if you’re like me you’ll go to great lengths to prevent them! ” she writes. “I already told you about Lori Bregman’s no-stretch marks diet, but her other secret stretch marks weapon is her homemade belly butter.”

“While there are a lot of great products on the market, nothing else compares.” she adds.

So what’s in this miracle cream? Organic coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, and Vitamin E capsules to name a few. The mom-to-be also lists how to make the homemade belly butter and how to apply it properly.

Find out more about Molly’s recipe here.

Filed under: Expecting,Molly Sims

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Seriously, there is absolutely NOTHING you can do about stretchmarks, when are people gonna learn! The older you are when you get pregnant, the less likely it is that you’ll get them, because your skin isn’t as firm as it used to be. So she’ll probably won’t get them anyway and it’ll have nothing to do with that buttercream or whatever…although it is nice to moisterize your belly but only in the way because the baby will probably react to your hands :-)

• Jennie

Exactly! When I had my first baby, my OB told me there is no miracle cure for stretch marks and to not bother with fancy products promising as such! She said to moisturize to help with dry skin / itchiness but that’s about all one could do. If you’re going to get them, you’re going to get them regardless. That it all depends on the flexibility of one’s skin.

Dear Molly, talk to me when you’re 9mo pregnant…then you will see that all this talk of a diet and recipe for prevention butter is for the birds. You’ll be searching for something to soothe your tight skin! You said it in an earlier interview that stretch marks are hereditary (so I know you know this info) and there is no way to prevent them…just wait til you get huge and then let’s talk. W/ my 2nd preg I did find some tummy balm that took the itchiness away and was a great moisturizer but I still got them! Do you have a recipe for getting rid of them after pregnancy?! That’d be helpful.

Did she fall asleep in the tanning bed?

I am not sure about genetics and stretchmarks or age. I got pregnancy stretchmarks when no one in my family has them even those who had twins. Well i was twenty when i got pregnant but my mum had my big bro when she was fifteen and he was a big baby but she never got stretchmarks. I know two girls who were seventeen and they did not get stretchmarks. I just think people are different. As for me, cocoabutter has helped really minimise them so i would advice you to try it. It is not a miracle cure. It takes a long time but with time you get some results.

Stretchmarks happen in the lower layers of skin, where moisturizers don’t reach. It’s genetics, weight gain, and the growth of the baby that cause them.

6. Angela

Um sorry Molly but have you been pregnant before? How are you so sure you are not going to get stretch marks??? It’s completely genetic and not much you can do about it. I’ve been told by my doctors to stop spending money of expensive creams because they are useless. Why do supermodels become such authorities the second they get pregnant? Being pregnant doesn’t make you an expert. Here’s an idea: Giselle and Molly co author a book on motherhood to make “normal” women to feel like shit because we weren’t born with supermodel DNA!

• CircleK

If Giselle or Molly can make you feel like shit, you really need to get a life.

I suspect that the reason they might suddenly become experts is because their entire careers depend on NOT having stretchmarks so they seek out the best of the best in the dermatology field. Who knows? Maybe there ARE things you can do to prevent or minimize stretchmarks that the rest of us aren’t privvy to.

Look at this another way. Look at Jennifer Aniston’s face. There’s not too many normal 40-year olds with skin like that. She’s got access to something that’s helping her (HGH, facials, serums, whatever).

Stretchmark therapies could be the same kind of thing.

7. Maria Yi Lee

Let me start off by saying I am in the medical field and have always been told that stretch marks are hereditary. My mother and sister both have stretch marks, but I wasn’t going down without a fight, so after reading the reviews on the Made from Earth organic skincare brand, I found the Aloe & Jojoba Cream Therapy and I ordered it online.

I used it throughout my entire pregnancy…EVERY morning and EVERY night. I started using it at about 8 weeks pregnant. I am so happy to inform anyone who is in doubt of this product that I did not get 1 stretch mark!!!! I was so surprised considering that my mother and sister both have them. For those who are wondering, I carried my baby for 37 4/7 weeks with not one stretchie! If you use the product it WILL work!!!