Kendall Jenner May Trade College For Catwalks

Kendall Jenner May Trade College For Catwalks

Kendall Jenner is considering saying sayonara to the school books once her high school years are behind her. It seems that a modeling career has become a bigger priority for the budding fashionista.

“I’m not really thinking about college right now,” the 16-year-old reveals to PEOPLE. “If my career, like, blows up and gets really big, [modeling] is what I would do.”

Although we may have witnessed the starlet’s struggle to stomp the catwalk on Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kendall claims her initial nerves are all in the past.

“I want to [walk the runway] again and again,” she says. “It was so much fun, like the adrenaline and everything was really fun.”

It also seems that Kendall’s father Bruce Jenner supports Kendall’s and her 14-year-old sister Kylie’s possible decision to forgo a college education.

“If they want to go to college, certainly, I think it’s a good idea,” the former U.S. track and field athlete states. “But I’m not the advocate of, ‘You’ve got to go to college!’ I think by the time they graduate from high school, they will probably be in a position to go right to working.”

Kendall – who proclaims her style to be “edgy [and] girly, but colorful” – shares some of her own style tips and influences.

“I like to add color… and I think that heels make the outfit look 10 times better,” she explains, admitting to often “raiding” her sister Kourtney‘s closet. “I love Hervé Léger dresses just because I love bandage dresses … [and] I love jumpers.”

“I think if you look cute but like, classy, even though you are showing skin, I think that’s fine,” she adds. “I wouldn’t like, go crazy. I am not that kind of a person.”

Filed under: Kendall Jenner

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. anonymous

Why is this news? Would anyone seriously expect anything else from a Kardashian?

2. Anabelle

I think everybody already knows what her and Kylie will end up doing.

hi

This kids are all about money, fame and fashion. Will certainly avoid this kids. not a good model for the next generation indeed.

5. Ondine

It’s so hard to believe that parents who could afford the best university in the country for their daughter aren’t urging her to take advantage of all the benefits a college education would bring her.

• NYC Mommy

Ondine- I totally agree with your comment they really should encourage to continue their education. Perhaps Kris does not appreciate the importance of a good education since I dont think she attended college considering she meet Robert Karadashian (spelling) when she was 17.

Why do most people want their kids to go to college? To get a better education and a better job.

These kids clearly don’t need jobs, so what’s the difference? They’ve got mommy and daddy’s money to fall back on.

The lack of maturity of those comments makes it clear that someone else needs to be making the decisions for her right now. While I do appreciate not forcing her to go college (it’s not for everyone) I still think it’s ok to step in to make decisions for a child. And maybe in this case it should be school, some kind of school, until she’s reached a point where she can make a fully informed decision about this. As opposed to saying you want to model because… it’s like cool and some junk and like totally fun to walk the runway. Totally… For sure.

They’re talking about college, which is two years away. Are you suggesting that they force her to go to “school, some kind of school? What does that even mean?

I don’t think you should comment based on this article – it’s pure speculation based on a couple of comments made in a different context. Both Kendall and Kylie have excellent GPAs scoring mostly A to A-, and Kylie has stated she plans to go to USC after school.