Minnie Driver Reveals Identity Of Son’s Father

Minnie Driver Reveals Identity Of Son's Father

Minnie Driver breaks her silence.

The Academy Award-nominated actress has identified her 3-year-old son Henry‘s father, telling The Observer that he was a writer on her former television show The Riches.

Minnie said: “I don’t need to protect him anymore. He can fend for himself. He’s a grown-up. We weren’t together and he wasn’t directly in the business so I chose to protect him and not have a rain of publicity. He’s not famous. There’s no big story.”

Is he a good dad? Sort of,” Minnie admitted. “He’s figuring it out… I mean, he hasn’t been that involved, his choice. But he is now.”

The Conviction star – who plays a teacher in Marc Evans’ new musical Hunky Dory – has previously said she would like more children, but doesn’t think she could cope raising two children as a single mother.

“Henry’s dad and I probably wouldn’t have any more together, but I would love to have more,” she said. “But I couldn’t do another one without a partner; I couldn’t do two as a single mum, I really couldn’t. It would be too much.”

Filed under: Minnie Driver

Photo credit: Fame

1. anonymous

Maybe because Will Ferrell is not the father?

How did she break a silence?? So who’s the father? I mean what’s the father’s name?

He’s not famous?? I would definitely classify Will Ferrell as famous!

• Erin

He looks just like him!! I remember back when everyone said Colin Farrell was the father of little Henry, oh the things that some people will come up with… it seems strange that she kind of just came out of the blue with this after keeping it to herself for so long, especially since he isn’t famous; oh well that is her prerogative I guess.

LOL I just taught “He will always be Will Ferrel son to me” Poor Will

4. joy

her son looks JUST like will farrell!!!

Which writer?

So who is the father?

7. anon

When there are 5-7 writers on the show, it’s a bit misleading to say she revealed the identity. If she had revealed the identity, why didn’t you include the name? Geez.

• Anon

There are only 2 male writers listed SO….Series Writing credits
      Dmitry Lipkin (20 episodes, 2007-2008)
      Aaron Blitzstein (12 episodes, 2007)
      Ellen Herman (5 episodes, 2007-2008)
      Dawn Prestwich (5 episodes, 2007-2008)
      Nicole Yorkin (5 episodes, 2007-2008)
      Wendy Riss (2 episodes, 2007-2008)
      Lydia Woodward (2 episodes, 2007)

She never revealed his identity (sheesh, does anyone here actually read the article that was linked??). She just said he was an epsiode writer for the show, which means he was probably not even a “regular” writer.

THIS article is entitled “Minnie Driver reveals identity of son’s father”. People (quite rightly) assume that the article will contain the pertinent information. SHEESH yourself.

8. SallyAnn

What a random time to bring up Henry’s bio. Dad. I think pretty much everyone had just accepted not knowing & moved on. It’s like she’s just talking and releasing the new info for attention. Oh well, he’s still an adorable kid.

Five of the seven writers are women. So its either Dmitry Lipkin or Aaron Blitzstein…

Not necessarily. The way “writer” credits are assigned on TV shows is not the same as how people casually refer to someone as a “writer”. There are actually many people who write for TV shows that are credited as other things – story editors, different levels of producers, etc., and some are not even credited at all (at least with respect to IMDB). In casual speech they’d be called writers, though, so when she says it was a writer, it could actually be any number of other people. Given that she says he’s “not really in the business” it’s actually probably more likely one of those other people. It’s unlikely anyone (at least, anyone here who doesn’t have connections to the entertainment industry) will be able to figure out exactly who it is.

He sure looks a lot like Aaron Blitzstein to me. Poor kid.

she got the worst luck with men
    Matt Damon broke up with her on Oprah
    ouch

12. anonymous

Did I miss something? Was Will Ferrell rumored to be the father at some point?
    The only person that I really ever heard a rumor of was Eddie Izzard.

13. Anonymous 2

I don’t think he looks like Will at all. And not to be cruel, but Will’s actual children are much cuter.