Name: Prince ‘Blanket’ Michael Jackson II
Parents: Michael Jackson
Date of Birth: February 21, 2002
Siblings: Prince, 15, & Paris, 13
- He is commonly referred to as ‘Blanket’
- Blanket was carried by a surrogate mother
- On November 20, 2002, daddy Michael caused a widespread uproar when he brought his newborn son onto the balcony of his Berlin hotel room and, as fans stood below, draped a cloth loosely over Blanket’s face and briefly extended him over a railing, four stories about ground level.
- Michael went through great lengths to conceal his children’s appearance in public. As a result, Blanket and his siblings were often seen wearing masks, scarves, and shawls over their faces when they were out.
- His godfather is Mark Lester, star of the 1968 movie Oliver
- Blanket & his siblings tragically lost their father in 2009
- Since that loss, they have been in the custody of their paternal grandmother Katherine Jackson
“It’s an expression I use with my family, I say, ‘You should blanket me … you should blanket her with something, meaning a blanket is a blessing, it’s a way of showing love and caring.” – Michael on how son received his nickname.
“As soon as you turn your back, he shoots at you and you’re left soaking wet.” – uncle Jermaine Jackson on his nephew being the prankster of the family and toting a water gun around.
“Blanket adored [Michael’s songs]. He could easily be the next Michael Jackson. He loved to dance with his dad and Michael taught him to do the moonwalk.” – A family friend, on Blanket’s love for his father’s music.