Anthony Weiner & Huma Abedin: Proud New Parents

Anthony Weiner & Huma Abedin: Proud New Parents

All smiles for the Weiners!

Former New York Congressman Anthony Weiner, 47, and wife Huma Abedin, 35, looked every bit the proud new parents during their first public sighting with son Jordan, 2 months, in New York City on Sunday (February 19). The doting daddy wore his bundled newborn in a baby carrier, while a stunning Huma showed off her new mom glow.

Weiner was forced out of office in June after it was revealed he had sent explicit pictures of himself to numerous women. At first he denied the claims, but as further pictures began to surface he admitted at a press conference he had “exchanged messages and photos of an explicit nature with about six women over the last three years.”

During the scandal, it was announced that Weiner and his wife of a year were expecting their first child. Despite the revelations, Abedin stood by her man.

“We will weather this,” Wiener told reporters of he and Abedin, a longtime aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton. “I love her very much, and she loves me.”

Filed under: Anthony Weiner,Huma Abedin

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

1. MeMeMe

Forgiving him is her business. No one else’s. Huma doesn’t answer to a bunch of armchair judges, she answers to herself. If she can forgive him, good for her. If she can trust him again, good for her. It’s not our business. And who do you think you are, saying that someone should be banned from the site? I personally find the Kardashian’s much more odious than this guy. He’s an idiot, but there are people on this site who have done worse. A few have taken lives, some have drug histories, domestic violence accusations. Where is your outrage for those posts? Grow up.

2. Anonymous9

Note to Anthony, don’t tweet pictures of your kid’s junk. People will frown on that.

3. Madchen

I think she made a hard decision based on criteria we don’t know about her life, her pregnancy, and her ideal of family — even with the humiliation of every detail going public. She’s an intelligent, self-possessed, sophisticated woman, and I’m sure she makes her decisions wisely and takes corrective action if needed. (No, haters, I don’t know her. This is an opinion column.) That said, I hope she has him on a short leash, and I hope he’s man enough to know he has to earn trust back. Last, I need that wedding dress. It is beyond gorgeous.

I have zero respect for this woman. After what he did, why would you act like everything is okay and continue to stay with him. I would have shown him the door regardless if I was pregnant or not.

• Nina87

Mariage is a lifetime commitment. Being able to forgive and move on is a huge part of it! If he agreed to change, I commend her for giving him a second chance. This isn’t abuse we’re talking about, no one was hurt, so please get off your high-moral horses.

No one was hurt? You think that his behavior didn’t hurt anyone?

Your husband is living a dream life then, because clearly he can do anything, say he’s sorry and go right back to living the dream.

• Daniella

This guy reminds me of my father, who’s one of the biggest serial cheaters I’ve ever seen in my life. Weiner possesses almost every single one of his mannerisms & behaviors, including the remorseless bull-shitting & constant apologizing. If he did it once, he’ll do it again. Why stay committed when he knows she’ll accept him back again?

And yes, people were hurt. Cheating is emotionally abusive to everyone involved, especially the children. If you don’t believe that, then you’ve either never experienced it or are in deep denial. My father’s cheating massively hurt my brothers & myself. We all have nothing to do with him at this point because of how terrible he’s treated his numerous wives & girlfriends over the years. Not to mention all of the STD’s his rampant cheating could’ve possibly exposed us to. No child should have to go through painful blood testing because of their own parent’s infidelity.

This is not about you. What you would have or would not have done is irrelevant.

Agree. And this site should not show him.

Nina87 – marriage is also about honesy, fidelity too which he clearly did not adhere to. As for high morals, you just confirmed you have ZERO morals. The world needs less people like you.

Well, actually, every marriage is different. You don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. You don’t know what couples say to each other or what they have agreed to. The world needs fewer (note to the grammar-challenged, it’s fewer, not less, when talking about countable nouns such as “people”) people like *you*, who think they are allowed to butt into other people’s business, judge others, and claim moral high ground where they have none. A marriage is about two people, period. If she chose to forgive him, that is none of your business.

their marriage their private business
    and LOOK they are both Smiling.. they dont look miserable with each other
    and please limit the Kardtra$h exposure
    thanks

@ Anon 11:17- Damn you act like he cheated on YOU or something. (I’m pretty sure you one one of the women that he was cheating with. A hit dog will holler). Its none of you business. If you don’t like him then don’t come to this post. I would hate to see how you treat you children when you they do something to embarrass you. (If you even have children) Poor kids. Such a hateful woman/mother

You are honestly comparing a child embarassing their parent to what this man did? No, absolutely not even in the same stratosphere. What he did was reprehensible and let’s not forget, it wasn’t once, it was a pattern of behavior. Sad, really. Whether she forgives him or not is up to her (I wouldn’t), but you can’t compare apples to oranges.

Maybe he will be Mr. Mom when she goes back to work — last I heard, he was having a lot of trouble finding work.

Who cares that she took him back? She wants her marriage to work. I’ve seen people make their marriages work when worse things have been done than what he did. I am not saying what he did was okay – but clearly, they were able to pull through. Why should we sit around judging them? You really don’t know what you’ll do in that situation unless you are faced with it. I have a really good friend who has ALWAYS said that if her husband EVER cheated (even just kissed someone else, not just sex) they’d be done. One drunken night and some inappropriate things happened, and after months of counseling, etc. They are still together. He has a long road ahead of re-building her trust and proving he is worth it, but she is trying very hard to keep her marriage together. And no, it’s for the kids. They do not have kids.

• Anonymous9

And yet she’s the one who gets to live with the uncertainty for the rest of her life. Because no matter what he says or does, he goes away on a business trip and you’re just never going to really be sure what he did or didn’t do. You can never know whether he had an extra drink at dinner, you can never know who he met at the hotel bar. That’s a tough way to live. Maybe you can never be sure of anyone, but a guy with a track record of poor choices makes for a lot of uncertainty.

In this case, she can’t even trust him when he’s home. If he’s near a computer, there’s always going to be some doubt.

I wouldn’t live that way; she’s welcome to it.

• Janna

I don’t think you can rebuild trust either. It’s either there or it’s not, and I wouldn’t want to live my life that way.

She’s made her decision and good for her, it was the right one for her and I hope she continues to be happy.

Why are strangers so much more hurt than people who are wronged? I don’t condone what he did but I can’t stand miserable people wanting to have a say in how people live their lives. It is their lives not yours. Now go on and live yours and see if she has an opinion about it.

i respect her for being able to forgive a man like Weiner (I could NEVER forgive or respect him again). He seems like an immature jerk, but perhaps she chooses to stay with him because their son needs a father and she believes that a family with two parents is healthier for their son. More power to her. I hope he does become a stay-at-home Dad. I wouldn’t want to work or buy products or services from a company that would hire him.

13. Jen

I think this guy just looks gross, but then again, I’m not marred to him. She is obviously happy with him, I can only hope that for the sake of the little boy that they work to make that marriage a healthy, happy, functioning one. I think any man that would do that in general, and esp during his wife’s pregnancy, is a moral maggot, but that’s just my opinion!