Names: Emme Maribel Muñiz & Maximilian ‘Max’ David Muñiz
Parents: Jennifer ‘J.Lo’ Lopez & Marc Anthony (born Marco Antonio Muñiz)
Date of Birth: February 22, 2008
Siblings: Arianna (born in 1994 from Marc’s previous relationship), Cristian Anthony Muñiz, 11, & Ryan Anthony Muñiz, 8 (from Marc’s first marriage)
- Max & Emme were born in Long Island, New York
- They were born by c-section
- Emme was born first at 12:12 a.m. and weighed 5 lbs & 7 oz
- Max followed his sister and weighed 5 lbs & 13 oz
- Max’s middle name David was chosen to honor Jennifer’s father
- Emme’s middle name Maribel was chosen to honor Marc’s deceased sister
- Their surname is Muñiz, which is Marc’s legal last name
- People reportedly paid $6 million for the first photos of the twins
- Their parents split up in 2011 after 7 years of marriage
“They’re my coconuts, that comes from when they were little and in their cribs and started growing hair, it looked just like a coconut to me. They both look like coconuts. I have this beautiful necklace which was given to me at Christmas, there are two coconuts and their initials on it.” – proud mama J.Lo on her twin’s nicknames.
“You don’t leave your kids. See, your kids are right here, my kids are right out there. You have to be happy so they are happy. It takes a village to raise babies. My mum is here with me too. When you have dreams you make them happen and they’re only better for it.” – J.Lo on the challenges of raising children while juggling a busy career.
“I remember looking at Marc and going, ‘We should call the doctor’…I started panicking a little bit and he was panicking, too, because…we were thinking, Did somebody drop her when we weren’t looking? I just remember looking at him and saying, ‘If f Emme’s not going to be OK, I’m not going to be OK. He’s like, ‘I’m not going to be OK—none of us are going to be OK.’ ” – J.Lo on discovering a bump on her daughter’s head.
“They see everything, they go and do so much more then I have ever done in my whole life, in all my travels, and they’re only three.” – J.Lo on her well-traveled tots.