Seal Explains Why He Speaks Publicly On The Split

Seal Explains Why He Speaks Publicly On The Split

Seal has explained why he is speaking publicly about the split from his wife of almost seven years Heidi Klum. The singer – set to be on the coaching panel on the Australian version of The Voice – revealed the reason to Fifi & Jules on Australian radio station 2DAY FM.

The 48-year-old Soul 2 singer said, “I was booked to do The Ellen DeGeneres Show and booked to do the Piers Morgan show three months in advance because I had a record to promote, it’s not like this thing happened and then I decided next week that I wanted to go on their shows.”

He continued, “These people are my friends I’ve know them for a long time and as well as respecting their integrity there are a lot of people who were genuinely saddened by the fact my wife and I had decided to go our separate ways. While they don’t really have the right to know details of our private life, I felt that those people at least had a right to some kind of explanation.

When you publicize your marriage as much as our marriage was publicized, when you renew wedding vows, when you do all those things you are giving them a picture of an ideal relationship, of a relationship that people aspire towards, so when it goes south you can’t all of a sudden take the philosophy of Celestine monk and decide to go for a vow of silence, it doesn’t really work like that. And while I respect my wife’s decision not to talk about it, I felt that people at least deserved some kind of explanation.”

Seal also said he makes sure their four children Leni, 7, Henry, 6, Johan, 5, and Lou, 2 are coping well with the situation.

He said, “It’s a difficult time, the best that one can do in these situations is handle it with dignity, and handle it with civility as much as you can. I’ve tried my very best to protect the general welfare of my family, my wife included, you know it is a difficult time and you hope you will behave like adults and protect those who are most important in this, who are your family, that bit of it doesn’t actually change.”

Filed under: Seal

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Andrea

So what if he had been booked months in advance? He still could have made the decision not to talk about it. He could have told his “old friends” Ellen and Piers beforehand that it was something he didn’t want to discuss. Poor excuse.

Does he have pec implants? Gross.

I just love this whole family still.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they decided to announce their breakup just as he had a new album coming out.

People dont deserve any kind of explanation. What the heck is he talking about?? And even if he “booked in advance” that does NOT mean he HAS to talk about it. He doesn’t. Sorry but he comes out as an attention seeker here with the whole split issue. His excuse that he feels he’s “forced” to talk about it is ridiculous. He doesn’t have to do it. Period. He’s doing it because he wants it and that’s it.

Way to put words in his mouth! He never said he was forced, he never even implied he was forced. He *wanted* to explain, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I like his explanation and that he is very articulate. Good luck to them, marriage is not a bed of roses.

7. Praful

Chis and I couldn’t be haepipr with the way the photos and video turned out! You continue to amaze us with your creativity and talent. We love the way you are able to capture the most precious moments. We can’t wait to continue with our photo sessions throughout the year!The video is fantastic! It is something that we will always treasure. We keep watching the video over and over. It’s something that we will be able to look back on when Caden is older and remember the way he was when he was only a few days old.Thank you Wanda and Brian! You guys are truly amazing and we are so glad to have you in our lives to capture the most memorable moments from our engagement and wedding to our maternity and newborn sessions!Much Love!Stephanie and Chris

8. Vanessa

FWIW, our stake had youth conference this weekned and the 12 year old nuts joke was the one I heard most often from the youth and other leaders I was around. Took me a moment to get it the first time I heard it. YC started Thursday night and by Friday morning the Michael Jackson jokes were flying around. (Cell phones and Ipods were verboten, but some kids disobeyed or had some other lifeline to the outside world, or at least Mormon Mentality.)I think Mr. Jackson may have the last laugh, at least for the suckers who loaned him 400 million dollars?!?! Must have been the AIG geniuses who thought it was prudent to extend that much credit to MJ.

9. Okan

B Tippetts,I have to say I with YOU on this on. Regardless of Michael Jackson’s past, we must look at it like the Amish did when those children were gunend down. They forgave that man and embraced the gunman’s family in sympathetic grief. It is our lot to forgive, not disrespect the recently deceased.