Minnie Driver Reveals Name Of Son’s Father

Minnie Driver Reveals Name Of Son's Father

Conviction actress Minnie Driver recently made headlines when she revealed the “identity” of her 3-year-old son’s father, dropping hints that he was a writer on her former television show The Riches, but the 42-year-old Hunky Dory star failed to mention one crucial detail – his name.

Since then, Minnie has revealed Henry‘s father to be Scotland-born producer Timothy Jonathan Lea, 52, co-producer of The Riches as well as the hit shows CSI New York and Law and Order. The couple dated briefly before splitting up in 2009.

Why would Minnie keep his identity a secret?

“We weren’t together and he wasn’t directly in the business, so I chose to protect him and not have a rain of publicity,” she reveals. “He’s not famous. There’s no big story.”

“Our relationship was very complicated and private, and I honestly didn’t want to have to talk about it,” she adds. “I didn’t want people coming up to him … and raising eyebrows.”

Accordingly to the Daily Mail, Henry’s publicly-available birth certificate reads his mother’s name (Amelia Minnie Driver) and his father’s name (Timothy Jonathan Lea).

Despite the break up before their son’s birth, Minnie claims she coped well with being a single working mother.

“I had good friends around me, so it was sort of hilarious,” she recalls. “I was making a film at the time and the paparazzi would shout, ‘Who’s the sperm donor?’ at me.”

Minnie has chosen to finally come clean with the identity of Henry’s father because she feels Jonathan doesn’t need her protection any longer.

“I don’t need to protect him any more,” she explains. “He can fend for himself. He’s a grown-up.”

Filed under: Minnie Driver

Photo credit: Fame

she has the worst luck in men
    Matt Damon broke up with her on Oprah
    she does not want to “protect” her babys daddy
    insert a big EyeRoll here @@

2. carrieJ

Who even CARES about this lady, shes just another example of a selfish, “I dont care if my child grows up without a father because MY biological time clock is ticking and I dont feel COMPLETE by myself” syndrome.

Why do you think he’s growing up without a father? She’s said he’s involved in his life. And how on earth do you know what the circumstances of his birth were? Do you know it wasn’t an accident? And even if it was planned, so what? It’s none of your business. If she wants to have a child as a single person, that’s her right and there’s nothing wrong with it.

3. Anabelle

“I honestly didn’t want to have to talk about it.” You didn’t have to so why did you?

4. Twinshare

Who cares? Who is Minnie Driver anyway?

Look this Lea guy up, he’s the IMAGE of Henry. But yeah, I agree with the above comment – if she didn’t want to reveal the name, then why did she?

6. Lilou

She didn’t reveal the name, that tabloid found the birth certificate. What a total and utter non-story. Misleading headline, hysterical commenters. Woop.

I actually dont think she has the worst luck with men. After the breakup with Matt Damon that was so public and embarrassing she could have bounced back properly by simply only choosing to get involved with the right guy and have a healthy and eventual marriage relationship but instead she chose to get in a “complicated” relationship with a man. Women really do themselves a disservice when it comes to love and relationships. some of us accept b.s. instead of demanding respect and love. smh.

Ditto – women give TOO much to men these days no self respect whatsoever!

Or…… maybe she started a relationship with someone and before she realized the relationship wasn’t right, she found herself pregnant.

From that point on, it looks like she’s done the EXACT right thing, taking care of herself and her son. It’s the dad who’s got issues.

“who is minnie driver?”