Nicole Richie On Her Kids’ Very Different Personalities

Nicole Richie On Her Kids' Very Different Personalities

Looking gorgeous on the cover of the March issue of Ocean Drive magazine, mom-of-two Nicole Richie opens up about fashion, family and her former wild child ways.

Nicole and her husband Joel Madden‘s kids Harlow, 4, and Sparrow, 2, are definitely both adorable, but the Fashion Star mentor reveals that when it comes to personality, they’re complete opposites.

“My daughter looks exactly like me, and she has Joel’s personality. She’s very careful,” says Nicole, 30. “She doesn’t make a move without fully thinking about what the consequences would be and what that means.”

Harlow’s little brother, meanwhile, tends to act more like his mom: “[Sparrow] looks exactly like Joel and has my personality. He’s just wild. I’m in for the ride. We’ve had broken fingers, we’ve been to the hospital – you cannot take your eye off of him for a second. He is just a full, free spirit.”

The former reality star seems to have changed a lot since her days starring in The Simple Life with her pal Paris Hilton. Reflecting on her life since then, Nicole says that getting to where she is today has just been a natural progression.

“You have to remember that I was 20 years old,” she notes. “I don’t know anybody who can look back at who they were at 20 and say, ‘I’m the exact same person.’ It’s all about evolving and growing. Who we are in our 30s is obviously very different than who we are in our 20s.”

Filed under: Nicole Richie

1. Anabelle

My God, talk about photoshop! That woman looks nothing like Nicole Richie!

Those shoes are hideous.

3. Stellie

I absolutely love the shoes! gorgeous however they must be a pain to walk in.

She seems like a great Mom and very at peace in the world.

• Anabelle

I agree. When I saw her in Simple Life I could never imagine her as a Mom, she was just so wild and spoilt. But, as she said, she was 20. She has grown so much it’s unbelievable. Obviously there’s only so much we can know from photos and interviews, for all we know behind closed doors she’s high as a kite and beats her kids, but she does appear to have matured into a very good mother.

5. Courtney

anabelle get over it there’s always been photo correction used in hollywood especially for magazines and movie posters

• Anabelle

Well, duh, yes I know photoshop is a common tool. I don’t need to “get over it”, I was ever “under” it. I was just making a casual observation. Usually the photoshop is just to enhance the person, not make them look unidentifiable.

I agree. Way too much photo editing done.

is there even a heel on those shoes?? i agree with anabelle…she looks too different here.

its way too much photoshop when the person is unrecognizable
    good for her for growing up