Uma Thurman Expecting Third Child

Uma Thurman Expecting Third Child

Update: Uma Thurman, 41, is pregnant! The actress is set to welcome her first child with financier Arpad Busson, PEOPLE confirms.

Continue reading original post below…

It sounds like congratulations are in order for Uma Thurman! The 41-year-old actress is expecting her third child, a source reveals to Life & Style.

“Yes, Uma is pregnant!” a friend of Uma’s tells the magazine. “She hasn’t announced it yet, but a lot of her friends were asking her because they could tell the difference when they saw her at New York Fashion Week. She’s usually so skinny, but now she has the cutest little bump and a glow about her.”

“She’s excited,” the insider continues. “She’s happy and just a few months along right now. She’s due in late, late summer.”

The father is said to be her on-again-off-again boyfriend Arpad ‘Arki‘ Busson, who is already dad to sons Flynn, 13, and Cy, 8, with his ex Elle Macpherson.

Uma has two children with her former husband Ethan Hawke: daughter Maya, 13, and son Levon, 10.

Filed under: Expecting,Uma Thurman

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

yeah she is kind old
    but hes is filthy Rich so she better hurry

yeah she is kind old
    but hes is filthy Rich so she better hurry

Umm yeah, thats a little dangerous for her & her baby’s health having a child at that age!!

• Anononymous

You obviously haven’t read anything about pregnancy in the last 30 years. 41 is not that old in this day and age.

I am pregnant so I think I know what i’m talking about! Women over the age of 40 have a higher risk of high blood pressure, birth defects, still birth, & diabetes just to name a few. Most people can’t even get pregnant at that age without help, not to mention no doctor in their right mind would tell a woman over 35 its a good idea to get pregnant. Oh well, shes taking a risk with her life and her baby’s, not me.

“No doctor in their right mind would tell a woman over 35 it’s a good idea to get pregnant” – Are you insane? If that’s what your doctor is telling you then you should probably get a new one because he/she is an idiot.

• Anonymous1

While 35 and above is considered “advanced maternal age”, it is by no means “a bad idea”. To say so is ignorant.

p.s. being pregnant does not make you an expert on pregnancy

“I am pregnant so I think I know what i’m talking about!”

LOL! As if being pregnant makes you suddenly an expert on obstetrics. I’m sure you’re getting all of your information from your doctor and other arm-chair “obstetricians.” Yes, there are more risks at an older age, but that doesn’t mean it’s “dangerous.” Assuming she takes care of herself adequately and monitors herself well she and the fetus should be fine.

• Over the hill

I am pregnant so I think I know what i’m talking about!
          —————————————————————————-
          I have experienced pregnancy as a woman over 40, so I know what I’M talking about. No, actually I DON’T view myself as an expert no matter how many pregnancies I’ve gone through. So, get over yourself, my dear and help yourself to some humble pie.

4. Iris

Wow! I did not see this one coming ;)! Congrats to Uma and Arpad!

5. Ellen

I agree. Very unexpected! Congratulations! She’s my favourite actress and I wish her all the best with the pregnancy!

did anyone who is complaining about her age ever think that maybe this bub wasn’t a plan. Many woman have healthy, beautiful babies in their early 40′s, I’m not saying that it’s a good idea, but sometimes it just happens. Yes, you will probably say, well she should have done something about it, but as we all know sometimes these things happen. My mum had me at 41, when her youngest was 12 and I turned out just fine. Congratulation’s to Uma, i think it’s just wonderful that she is having another baby, but i do agree with pp, on-again-off-again doesn’t sound great.

Yes, she is considered “Advanced Maternal Age” but she is not that darn old people! “At that age!!” Really? She is obviously healthy and in good shape.

MANY people these days are having kids at 40-42. It is not like she is 50-60. She has a long life ahead of her (50-60 years) if she stays in good health.

Congrats Uma!

Some of you are really nuts. You’re acting as if she’s the first 40+ year old woman ever to get pregnant! Let’s see, what about…..

Salma Hayek
    Christie Brinkley
    Marcia Gay Harden
    Marcia Cross
    etc….

• "Anonymous @ 08:47 pm"

Thank you!!!

Yes & don’t forget to mention Salma Hayek had gestational diabetes, Nicole Kidman had fertility problems, Mariah Carey had a miscarriage & fertility problems…..because of their AGE!! Just because people do it doesn’t mean it’s smart! Wow.

Seriously, do you really think these thing’s happened because of age. I really do hate to get all life story on you but i think i have something to add, here it goes, my cousin just had her first baby, she is 22 and had gestational diabetes throughout, my mother got the surprise of her life when had me at 41 she had the “perfect” pregnancy and delivered me healthily full-term, I however am not so lucky after 6 miscarriages and an ectopic pregnancy in the last 5 years, i have, for the first time, just got through the 12 week mark with my triplets, who were conceived after numerous IVF attempts, not out of the woods by a long shot but here’s hoping, I am 32. A bad pregnancy experience can happen to anyone, regardless of their AGE!!! Sometimes, your right, age does have something to do with it, but don’t for a second say that having a baby later in life isn’t smart, sometimes that’s the only time that the miracle happens. Congrats to Uma, I hope her bub is everything she wishes for!

Seems to me that Nicole Kidman had fertility issues in her 20′s and I had gestational diabetes and a miscarriage in my 20′s. It’s not always age.

and my mother, my grandmother, the lady next door to me. 40 is doable and has been for years and not a foot in the grave.

9. Francesca

There was a blind item about this. A pretty harsh one, actually… And now it turned out be true.

10. Anononymous

I’m more concerned about the status of their relationship than her age…

11. Janna

Is there anything wrong with just saying “Congratuations, I wish them the best”?

Francesca Yes ! that blind item
    Lainey gossip blind Item ” expecting”
    certainly fits !

shes one year older than jennifer garner and nobody ever says anything about her age!

he is Filthy RICH
    Thats the status

he is Filthy RICH
    Thats the status

16. Jenn

My Mother had me when she was 40,she didn’t have any issues & I’m healthy.My brother & sister are 10 & 16 years older than me so I grew up pretty much an only child.I would’ve liked to have my siblings closer to my age.

• Anon.

Wished I’d have known you wanted siblings closer to your age. I would have given you mine : ) I’m just kidding but I always thought I would have preferred to be an only child instead of the eldest. There were so many things I knew I could have had if I had been an only child. I do like them as adults though.

17. Couz

We may eventually offer thdreaed/nested comments on walls. This would allow us to implicitly support the reply feature on walls.In the meantime, we would have to rebuild the reply feature for walls from scratch in order to support it. I’d rather save that development effort for eventually building thdreaed/nested wall comments, so I’m going to go ahead and mark this as resolved.Please feel free to continue to comment and request this feature! Just resolving it for now to indicate that it’s not something we currently plan to build.

18. Paula

Hello, this is New Directions Clubhouse contacting you about the next meet. I have been heraing through conversation that the next MAC meeting will be April the 13th starting at 11 am at Charter House. I haven’t recieved a flyer about it , so I was wondering is this information is true? Thank you