Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Reveal Son’s Name

Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Reveal Son's Name

High-profile couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner have revealed their son’s name!

We are happy to announce on February 27, Jennifer gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Samuel Garner Affleck,” Ben wrote on his Facebook page.

Yesterday, news broke that the couple welcomed their third child. The new addition joins big sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.

Congratulations again to the Garner-Affleck family!

What do you think of their baby name?

Filed under: Ben Affleck,Births,Jennifer Garner

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

1. Brandi

OH I LOVE IT! Such a beautiful and simple name. My little brother’s name is Samuel. I have always liked that name. Congrats to the happy family. :-)

2. Calla

Congratulations to them. I love the name Samuel. I also love that they used Jen’s maiden name as his middle name.

3. Andrea

I like it it goes with the girls.

Common name but cute

4. VeronicaRamos

Love it! I really thought they were naming the kid “Matt” or “Damon”, I don’t know why.

I know lots of people always moan about what celebs called their children, but was quite intrigued to find out what the Garner Afflecks would call this baby and its slightly disappointing that its normal!!! haha
    BUT I still love the name samuel, its what my little brother is called :)

6. carolyn Robertson

Nice name! It’s nice that Garner is in there, too.

7. L.A.

Absolutely love it!

Love that name, glad they went for one that’s not crazy! wonder if she went natural with the birth or had a section? Hope if she did go natural that she got to have a wonderful birth experience that wasn’t hijacked by OBs who want to take control (after all it was a US birth)

Nice..its on my list of names as well. Due in May:)

Oh, the name is not bad, I don’t like their girls’ names.. it’s nice they went for something not as unique ;) Is Garner his middle name?

Anyway, congrats to the family!

11. andreea

i don’t like it.

• MARCUS

IS THIS YOUR CHILD? NO!! SO WHO CARES WHAT YOU LIKE? HAVE YOUR OWN DAMN BABY AND YOU CAN NAME IT WHAT YOU WANT!!

• Elena

andreea don’t like the name but she/he’s free to write it as people who write that love the name!

why didn’t you say this to all the people who said they did like it???
        if you like it you’re allowed to give your opinion but if you don’t you get yelled at? grow up, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
        and I agree by the way, the name is boring.

• nosoupforyou

If you get this upset by other people’s opinions perhaps you don’t belong here. This is the comment section.

The actual post asks us readers…What do you think of their baby name? So ‘most’ people understand a question and answer it. Everyone is allowed their opinion. It doesn’t say only answer this question if you like the name. I personally don’t care for the name, although I am glad that it is a ‘normal’ name. Get a life or at least learn to read.

Finally, a normal, nice celeb baby name. Congratulations to them on their new baby boy!

13. Jen

Aw. I was hoping for a more “out there” name that goes along with Violet and Seraphina. It’s cute, though.

I love it! Finally a normal celeb baby name. Congrats to them on their new baby boy.

15. klutzy_girl

I absolutely love this name!

16. J.D.

I love the name Samuel and I think it goes well with Violet and Sera, especially if they call him Sam.

17. Shirelle

I thought it would be a kind of “different” name don’t like the name samuel

18. Jen

I love it. Very simple, very classy. So happy they had a boy, can’t wait to see what he looks like!

19. SMH

Yes it’s common but yay for it being something unexpected and better yet NORMAL!!!

Eh…..so many samuels out there. I don’t like the crazy names either but the girls names are so nice. They’re not weird but they won’t have 5 other people in their class with the same name either. Oh well. Can’t wait to see him!

21. P!nk

I don’t like the name Samuel however I like the fact that it IS a REAL name and nothing stupid or made up.

22. sherry

Samuel-YES!!

I always think of elderly Jewish men named Samuel, not that there’s anything wrong with that. At least it’s not something stupid like some of the names celebrities have given their children, (Apple, Sparrow).

24. nosoupforyou

Love the name!

Lovely name.

26. Audrey

It’s nice. No one will have to ask how to spell it.

27. freya

Not what I thought they would go for ie a known name but it seems to fit perfectly with the girls names. Congratulations to them.

I wonder if he will like green eggs and ham?

Maybe he is named after Samuel Adams the Boston Beer
    Ben is from Boston

30. christa

I’m rather surprised that the paps seem to be caught off guard with this one — since they seem to stalk her 24/7 and hover around her home constantly, one would expect them to follow her to the hospital and stake out the place for some pics. Maybe they decided to show some class for a change.

31. Venni

It’s like a tongue twister to say the first and last name (w/o the middle name) – you almost have to put an imaginary l in front of the last name for it to roll out of your mouth right: Samuel-laff-lect. When this kid starts school, his best bet is to hyphenate the middle & last names (Garner-Afflect), so people can say his full name without getting tongue tied.

um….no. you can say it fine as long as you don’t try to say it all as one word. put a pause between the first and last name (as you should between all words), and it comes out fine. try it.

• anon

You can’t just hyphenate a middle and last name together as you choose….it doesn’t work that way sweetie. The hyphen is used for people who have 2 last names.

If you have a hard time pronouncing that name I suggest you see a speech pathologist…..because there’s no tongue twister there.

A speech pathologist? I think you mean a speech therapist! It is a bit of a tongue twister, maybe its harder to say with different accents.

• anon

No sweetie, a speech PATHOLOGIST. Look it up if you don’t know what it is, before you make more of a fool of yourself. And maybe you’re right, if you have an accent then that might be your problem. The speech pathologist can help you get rid of that too.

I’m sorry but that kid’s name is not a tongue twister at all.

The last name is Affleck not Afflect. Try reading the post first.

32. Elena

I’m so happy for them! And Samuel is a sweet choice. :)

Sam Affleck is cute :)

The name is solid just like their girls’ names and just what you would expect from this couple. Congrats to the lovely family.

35. Annika

Samuel is a lovely name! I tried to convince my hubby about this name many times but he is not having it lol! I really love the nick name Sam…its just the sweetest boy name ever. Congrats to them! :)

36. Terhi

Love it! And congrats to the family!

37. Boyscout

Garner is probably tribute to her father since he had 3 girls and no sons to carry on the Garner name. They chose a nice name. Congratulations Afflecks.

Awww really like Samuel Garner nice classic name :)

39. Gabriel

Samuel is Heidi Klum’s name!

40. Jennifer Redgrave

Great name, but I thought they wouldn’t pick a “regular” name, since their girls have cute and kind of different names.

I’m pregnant with my fourth child and it’s my first son. My husband and I are also naming our baby Samuel! I’m due in May and I’m already so excited, imagine Jen and Ben?!

Welcome little Samuel Garner, great wishes from the Sheridan family!

41. Tatsiana

Mar01 I saw the first one. I almost wrote I can hear you genttig fatter from here. But now I think I’ll just write I can see your gigantic body from space. Whatever, Becky. You are gorgeous just the way you are.and btw, the last time I weighed 153 pounds was in middle school. I don’t wanna hear it.

42. Kirk

zegt:Op dinsdag 21 frbeuari zal de 2e Familiedag van CV de Brikkebekkesch plaats vinden. De middag die zal starten om 14.11 uur zal opgeluisterd worden door tal van artiesten. Om 15.11 uur zullen enkele Brunssumse Prinsen de Brik met ballonnen de lucht inlaten. Deze zal begeleid worden door ballonnen van een 60-tal kinderen, die tussen 14.00 en 15.00 uur gratis afgehaald kunnen worden. Net als vorig jaar zijn er weer een 1e / 2e en 3e prijs voor de ballonnen die het verste weg vliegen. Tevens is er ook deze keer weer gratis braadworst voor alle aanwezigen.