Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Welcome Third Child: A Boy!

Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Welcome Third Child: A Boy!

It’s a boy for Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck!

The high-profile couple welcomed a son in Santa Monica, a source confirms to PEOPLE. No further information has been released at this time. The new addition joins big sisters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.

The couple announced they were expecting baby No. 3 in August.

“It would be so weird to have a boy,” Jen, 39, said.

Congratulations to the Garner-Affleck family!

Filed under: Ben Affleck,Births,Jennifer Garner

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Nina D.

Aww!!! What wonderful news! Many congratulations to them! I can’t wait to learn what they name him and see the little darling! <3

2. Lauren

awwwwwh how exciting!! a boy! wonderful news :) congrats to them!! cant wait to hear the name.

3. klutzy_girl

Yay! So happy I was right about them having a boy. Can’t wait to hear his name. And congratulations to them!

And with that, what seemed like a pregnancy that was taking forever is finally over.

Wow!congratulations!

Yay, I can’t wait to hear the name. Congrats to the Afflecks!

6. alyson

YESSSS…I have been stalking this site waiting for this news. So exciting for them. Wonder who he is gonna look like.

Congrats Jen and Ben!
    Yeah…A baby boy! I’m happy for them.

8. Tiffany

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo happy for them. I had two girls and then a boy too..and then another boy. I know his sisters can’t wait to love on him:)

9. SMH

yay! I knew the “he” slip meant it had to be a boy! I can’t wait to hear a name and I really hope it goes with Sera and Violet but not too outrageous!

10. Snaperulz

Congrats to the entire family!

11. Rosy

How exciting, their girls are absolutely beautiful so their boy will be very handsome indeed. I can’t wait to hear what his name is.

Can’t wait to hear the name and birthdate (maybe today). Congrats!

I can’t be happier for them! I’m sure Vio and Sera will be excellent sisters for the little boy. And I can’t wait to hear his name. Congratulations for all the family.

14. Erin

So exciting, congratulations to the Garner/Affleck family, can’t wait to hear the name that they decide on

15. Anne

Aww. Love it! Let’s hope that they stop there, now that they have a boy.

• Emily

What a weird thing to say….. maybe they weren’t having a 3rd in hopes for a boy???
      I had a boy and a girl…and then another girl…and then 2 more boys…. I’m glad I didn’t take any of those comments to heart. Weird.

why should they stop? if they want to have more they can its their choice, you dont feed them or support them so keep quite. I cant stand people who put their filthy noses to how many children people should have or already have.

Why do you hope they stop having children? Is there something wrong with having more than 3, if that is what they want? We’re not talking about the Duggers here.

I don’t know if this is what the person was getting at, but yes there is something wrong with having a lot of children. The fact that there are millions if children around the world that don’t have homes doesn’t bother you? The fact that we’re over populating the earth irresponsibliy doesn’t bother you? I’ve never understood people who can have more then a couple children, without feeling guilty.

No, it doesn’t bother me, at least not to the point where I would ever consider butting my nose into other people’s business where it doesn’t belong. Other people’s decisions about how to create their families are none of my business, and also none of yours. The only time when it becomes our business (meaning, society’s) is if the parents have more children then they can take care of. That is not the case here.

Why is it irresponsible?? When responsible people have them, they are happily married successful people. Its not like they are drug dealers and murderers, as long as responsible people have them theres nothing wrong with having more than two.

Angelina, is that you?

I seriously doubt that anyone who was bothered by “the fact that there are millions of children around the world that don’t have homes” is frequently a website that is SPECIFICALLY devoted to children being born.

And if you TRULY felt this way, how could you even have “a couple children” without feeling guilty?

• Anon.

I like to think that if people who don’t want children or can’t take care of children didn’t reproduce, there would be no issue with the remainder having large families.

Congrats to a beautiful family!

17. Tay

Congrats!!!!

The Affleck’s are ADORABLE! God Bless this family

18. nicoleC

they are the most wonderful family in Hollywood!!!!!
    So down to earth,have time with their kids /\/\
    Congrats

19. carolyn Robertson

Congratulations! Such a sweet family! :)

20. Ella

I find it ironic that the same people who complain about people overpopulating the earth are products of parents who decided to have them and to do what: overpopulate the earth. Unless you’re adopting kids with the money YOU earn or choosing to be childless then you have no reason to talk. You’re posting on a thread where unless you’re sending you’re congratulations then you need to find somewhere else to post you’re “save the earth” slogan. Respect people’s decision on their family size because it’s not your place to decide for them.

Congrats on the new baby–every child is a gift!

Ah, so that explains why a day went by on this site without pictures! Surprised she didn’t have the pap’s there in the delivery room.

Now there’s a new baby to photograph I’m predicting minimum two batches of photographs per day, 7 days a week? How will Jessica Alba squeeze in her face time now?!?

And how would you know how many photos of her are on this site unless you spent a pretty massive amount of time here.

Another poster who complains about the number of photos of this woman (and now Jessica Alba too) who takes the time to comment each and every time.

It’s not the photos of Jennifer Garner and Jessica Alba that anyone is sick of (the photos are the reason we all come here, duh), it’s the stupid repeat posters whose superiority complexes are getting out of hand.

22. AvaElizabeth

Congratulations to the Garner-Afflecks!

I love to see that family :) Thought 2 days ago, birth can’t be so far, because they weren’t seen at the oscars and also no new pics here.

Don’t know why, but I thought they will have a third girl. Will be very interesting how it works for them with a boy now :)

23. Shirelle

Congrats wow I thought they would be having another girl!

I thought she was having triplets honestly. That kid had to weigh over 10 pounds.

The boy is called Samuel Garner Affleck. Ben just put it up on his Facebook.

26. Zanna

According to People.com his name is Samuel and he was born on Monday!!!

CONGRATULATIONS! Really proud of you both and so happy for you …. keep shining. You must have a hard time to stop smiling… Beautiful name. Don’t forget to teach him about warm fuzzies…

xo