Nick Lachey Will Keep “Waist-Up” At The Birth

Nick Lachey Will Keep "Waist-Up" At The Birth

Nick Lachey plans to be hands on at the birth of his first child. However don’t ask him to get too close. The 38-year-old singer – who announced his wife Vanessa Lachey was expecting on Live! With Kelly Monday morning – returned for a second day of co-hosting and talked about his labor plan.

He said, “I’ve been told – because that’s what happens now, I’m told things – that it’s going to be a waist-up situation, if you know what I mean. I’m gonna be there, I’m gonna be supportively there, holding hands, and coaching, breathing, all that good stuff. But apparently I won’t be down below, seeing what’s happening. I’ll be up above, helping.”

He added, “My work there is done! I was successful there. So we’ll keep it waist-up.”

Nick has seen a live birth before. Two years ago he filmed a friend’s child being born.

I asked him, ‘How do you want me to handle this, do you want me to get in there and get the detail?’ And he said, ‘Yeah.’ We all got very close that day. I didn’t expect it to be what it was, but it was a really incredible, awesome moment.”

Filed under: Nick Lachey

Who told him this?

Whatever makes Nick and Vanessa comfortable :) Me personally though, I’m 39 weeks and will be having a home birth any time now and fully expect my husband to help “down there.” We’re comfortable and open about it. It’s part of life!

So he’s seen a live birth before and he doesn’t want to see his own childs life birth and see his wife pop out his child? It doesn’t sound like he loves her that much.

Right because there’s no possible way a man could love his wife if he doesn’t wanna look at her vagina spread all the way open and tearing and bleeding and gushing. Nope. No possible way.

• Anonymous9

If you actually read his comment, he says that he’s been told that it’s going to be a waist up situation for him. That’s his way of saying that Vanessa would prefer it that way and told him so. It has nothing to do with how much he loves his wife; that’s a ridiculous statement based on a lack of reading comprehension.

If you read this at all, you would have understood that this was his wife’s decision. That’s what the whole “this is what I’ve been told” part was about. Duh

It sounds like he’s been “told” by his wife. Nowhere in the article does it say that HE doesn’t want to be involved. He’s respecting his wife’s wishes…which may change!

It seems that he was told by his wife to stay waist up. He states he was told to hold hands, help by coaching, breathing, etc.
    I agree that he should do what vanessa tells him.

6. anon

With all 3 of my kids my husband never left my side literally. He just couldn’t look and that’s okay. He was with me.

It sounds to me like Vanessa doesn’t want him to see it. He’s speaking as if these are someone else’s preferences. It’s sad to think he’ll have to miss out on that incredible experience because of his wife’s insecurity.

wuss. my opinion of him just dropped a few notches based on that statement. my husband doesn’t like blood and gore either, but he watched because it is interesting and it the right. thing. to do.

“it the right. thing. to do”

Why becasue you said so get off your high horse becasue the last time I check Anonymous 1:02am you did speak for everyone so just because you feel he watched dosen’t mean everybody else dose it’s a personal choice.

• Anonymous9

Seriously, read the statement. He said nothing about what he wanted to do; he was speaking about Vanessa’s wishes, which is actually the important thing.

9. Valerie

As beautiful as it is to see your own child being born I understand where he is coming from. It ruins their sex lives, I´ve met guys who have had problems with that. It doesn´t mean they don´t love their wives or babies though…..Of course not all men are like that

She told him of course!!! It’s her decision and whatever she feels most comfortable with. I made the exact same one!! Neither of us wanted to see the action taking place down there…eek!

I did exactly the same thing and told my husband to stay “waist up” – he was there to coach me and help me and to hold his child once he was born but I didn’t want him to see the bloody detail (I didn’t want to see it myself to be honest) between my legs. I think there is such a think like too much intimacy – couples who use the bathroom together etc. It might work for others but it doesn’t work for me – I think SOME privacy is needed. And to say that he doesn’t LOVE her or she’s “insecure” because she doesn’t want to throw that in his face is ridiculous. I cannot imagine my husband letting some friend film my crotch during labor, like that friend of Nick’s. And then, like my neighbours, probably “delighted” friends with a home movie of the birth. People forget that birth is intimate, private moment, not something to be broadcasted.