Oprah Winfrey Secures Exclusive Interview With Bobbi Kristina

Oprah Winfrey Secures Exclusive Interview With Bobbi Kristina

It seems beloved talk show veteran Oprah Winfrey has procured an exclusive interview with 18-year-old teen Bobbi Kristina – the daughter of the late Whitney Houston and her ex-husband Bobby Brown.

According the The Hollywood Reporter, the interview will be featured on Oprah’s Next Chapter airing Sunday (March 11).

In addition to what should be riveting and revealing interview with the troubled teen, Oprah – who was among the many celebs to attend Whitney’s emotional funeral – will also talk to the singer’s sister-in-law and manager Patricia Houston and brother Gary Houston.

As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, a release obtained from the network reads that “Bobbi Kristina shares personal memories of her mom and how she would like the iconic superstar to be remembered.”

Before the interview at 7 p.m., the Oprah Winfrey Network will re-air its special – Remembering Whitney: The Oprah Interview – which features the singer’s 2009 interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show and Oprah’s own personal memories of the star.

It was during that revealing 2009 interview that Whitney referred to her ex-husband as her “drug.”

“He (Brown) was my drug,” Whitney claims. “I didn’t do anything without him.”

The legendary icon – who admitted that she and Bobby dabbled in cocaine and marijuana use during their marriage – continues to describe her attraction to Bobby’s “sweet, gentle tenderness” and sense of control in their relationship.

“At home, he was very much the father, he was very much the man,” Whitney reveals.

“He was very much in control. I liked that,” she adds. “When he said something, I listened. I was very interested in having someone have that kind of control over me. It was refreshing.”

Despite her two-time hospital admission due to emotional breakdown and alleged abuse of alcohol, Bobbi Kristina is doing “much better,” according to her father.

My daughter Bobbi Kristina is doing much better. We continue to provide love and support to Bobbi Kristina. She is dealing with the tragedy of her mother death and would prefer to do it outside of the public eye. I ask again that our privacy be respected.”

Filed under: Bobbi Kristina Brown,Whitney Houston

Photo credit: Splash News

My first reaction was shame on Oprah for exploiting Bobbi Kristina. It sounds like she should be in rehab/therapy and not giving interviews. Then I thought better that it’s Oprah than some tabloid.

I thought the same thing.
    I’m still thinking it’s to soon, but again better to have Oprah do it then some other media outlet.

I’m glad to see Oprah reach out to Bobbi Kris considering how close her mother was w/oprah.I for 1 would love to see and know how Bobbie Kris is doing Not to be noisy but how she is holding up.I wish her and her family all the best.God Bless you all..

4. Sandyhair1968

Oprah is the best person to interview Krissy..If it was too soon Bobbi Kristina ugh is a big girl and she could have declined! My prayers still go out to Whitney’s family…Krissy hang in there!

Why does ANYONE need to interview this girl? What purpose does it serve? Is this to sell albums? Does taking part in a televised interview bring closure somehow?

No. It’s media-whoring at it’s best.

Oh, and obviously Bobbi Kristina does not agree with her father’s statement: “She is dealing with the tragedy of her mother death and would prefer to do it outside of the public eye.”

@958am I think what her dad is true, she has been on trips to see her granny..we have not seen any pictures of her sijnce funeral so she is staying kinda isolated..mean people and their comments really suck! I will pray for you too!

@956am medial whoring? that just trashy and tacky!

Whitney Houston died LESS THAN A MONTH AGO, and her daughter is already going on Oprah. I understand, because if she waits any longer, it won’t have the same sympathy effect. You don’t need to pray for me, pray for this child, who needs more help than Oprah can provide.

Going on national television to discuss your mother’s tragic death with a talk show host is what’s trashy and tacky!

Who cares what this poor kid has to say? Her mother died. I’m sure she’s sad. Leave her alone.