Elisabeth Moss: “I’m Too Young” For Kids

Elisabeth Moss: "I'm Too Young" For Kids

Mad Men beauty Elisabeth Moss, 29, shows some skin in the March 8 issue of Page Six Magazine, free inside the New York Post today. The former Invasion star – who divorced her husband Saturday Night Live star Fred Armisen in 2011 after less than two years of marriage – opens up about her thoughts on having babies, being one of the single ladies, and being portrayed as a feminist icon.

On eventually having kids: “I have a tremendous amount of respect for my mother, and it makes me want to be a really great mother. And sure, in an ideal world I can do it all. But I think for now I’m too young to know. You almost have to get older to understand that you’re too young to know.”

On being single: “It’s fun to go out at night and not know what’s going to happen. I’m addicted and obsessed with my freedom in that sense. I’m having fun!”

On being a feminist icon: “As women in the workplace, we’re constantly trying to find a balance between being taken seriously and feeling sexy and good about ourselves…if you believe your ideas should be respected and if you believe you have a voice, then you’re a feminist.”

Check out the entire interview with Elisabeth Moss today in Page Six Magazine, free inside the New York Post today!

Filed under: Elisabeth Moss

Photo credit: Page Six Magazine

TOO YOUNG MY BUTT, shes is getting up there almost 30…after 35 its high risk…most women have kids mid 20s and early 30s…get over yourself miss moss.

2. KK

Women are having children at a much later age now adays. I find it refreshing. I live in an area where there are a lot of military households. These women or should I say ‘girls’ are SO young to be having kids! And yes KIDS plural. Half of them are under 25 with 2 or 3. Women need to live a little, go out, get drunk, act stupid in your 20′s. Early to mid 30′s is a fine time to have children. In fact, I find that you are way more mature, financialy stable (usually) and happier long term.

Women NEED to go out and get drunk in their 20′s? I disagree. My husband and I are 25 and 23 with a 3 year old and one on the way. He teaches at a university and I’m a nurse and doula. Not everyone needs to let their teen years roll over into their 20′s. Some of us know how to grow up and be adults BEFORE 30.

People should have children when THEY are ready. Nobody can say when’s the right time but YOU. Not everyone wants to get drunk and act stupid through their 20s. Likewise, many people don’t feel ready for that stage of life until their 30s and even 40s. Nothing wrong with either way, as long as it’s what the person wants.

4. Anonymous9

Yeah, she’s a feminist icon. Known primarily for her stance on women’s rights and flashing her boobs, cause you know, she’s a serious actress.

What an awkward picture.

Don’t forget that life expectancies are longer now than they were 50 years ago. I’m thinking maybe having a longer life span could mean having longer stages in life. I’m not a scientist, though. It’s just a layperson’s theory.

Yes, but we’re still starting menopause around the same time. We’re still having trouble getting pregnant after 35. We still start ovulating around 11.

7. Anonymousse

29 is definitely not young! I’m her age and I have a 4 year old! But maybe she meant she’s emotionally too young to have kids

“in your 30s you have about a 15 percent chance of getting pregnant in any single ovulation cycle, according to leading fertility specialist Sherman Silber, director of the Infertility Center of St. Louis at St. Luke’s Hospital in Missouri ”

• Diane Wall

That’s what my son thought–his wife got pregnant the first month off birth control–they “thought” they had a 4% chance! lol. I LOVE being a granny, though-so ya’ never know kid!