Jessica Alba’s “A Ha!” Motherhood Moments

Jessica Alba's "A Ha!" Motherhood Moments

Actress, entrepreneur and very hands-on mom Jessica Alba covers the April issue of Parenting magazine, along with her beautiful daughters Honor Marie, 3 1/2, and Haven Garner, 6 months. In the interview, the 31-year-old star shares a few of her “a ha!” mommy moments, dishing on her “good cop” husband Cash Warren and revealing the most surprising thing about motherhood so far.

On little white lies: “I serve Honor flavored sparkling water – she thinks that it’s soda and that’s what I let her think. I told her “brown soda” is only for adults, and she believes me. Ha! And when the paparazzi follow us, and she asks me what they’re doing, I tell her, ‘They’re just taking pictures. Isn’t that silly?’ I don’t want her to have anxiety, so I tell her they do that to everyone, not just our family.”

On motherhood: “Before I had kids, I was always so focused on my career, and it was always such a big thing for me. But once I had kids, it changed. That’s probably the thing that’s surprised me most about motherhood – just how secondary everything else is. Nothing else really matters to me aside from my children and their well-being.”

On being the bad cop: “I’m the disciplinarian. I think it’s because I was kind of a naughty kid myself: I’d push my parents’ buttons and test them to see how much I could get away with. Cash, meanwhile, was always the perfect kid – the straight-A student who was everyone’s sweetheart. It was never in him to be naughty. I think I just know, from being that other kind of child, how to cut off bad behavior and redirect it. So when Honor tries to do something she shouldn’t, I have to say to Cash, ‘Let her know right from the beginning that she can’t.’ I’ll put her in time-out and tell her, ‘Think about the choices you’ve made.’ Then I’ll come back and say, ‘Now it’s time to stop crying and think.’ Then I’ll come back again and ask her, ‘Now, what did you learn?’”

Read Jessica’s entire interview at Parenting.com

Filed under: Haven Garner Warren,Honor Marie Warren,Jessica Alba

Photo credit: Parenting.com

1. Perfect Husband

Jessica is in seriour contention to be the best celebrity mom she sounds wise like Jennifer Garner.

2. Perfect Husband

“serious”

3. Anabelle

My mom was always just honest with me. “Drink the juice, milk or water because it’s good for you. You can’t have the coke because it makes you too hyper.” Obviously I never had the paparazzi following me when I was growing up, my mom would have just left it at silly people taking pictures, not add that it happens to all people. Lying is just stupid.

4. Anon

She seems to have changed her ways.. I thought she was always a rude actress, a la her character in “never been kissed”- but motherhood seems to have grounded her/made her a better person. Good for her (though I have heard rumblings her husband isn’t the perfect husband.. err.. hopefully just rumor mill!)..

5. Pan

honor marie definitely looks like her latino grandmother… lol, i’m sorry but I couldn’t resist!really miss those stupid “haven looks like her danish grandmother” comments they make me laugh!

Haven looks nothing like any of them! Cute baby though

7. QueensNYC

Haven looks like her Danish grandmother. Honor doesn’t have a Latino grandmother.

The girls are lovely and definitely look like their European grandmothers, who are not Latino by the way. They are English and Danish.

9. R

I’m pretty sure Palacios (as a surname)has hispanic origins, by the way it was a joke

10. Emi

Such beautiful little girls! Honor is really starting to grow up into a mini Jess :)

11. Connie

Jessica’s mom is Danish and she has stated it on several different occasions the name Palacios has Italian origins but no matter the grandmother is Danish.

• r

jessica’s daughters have 2 grandmothers, jess’s mom (yes the danish one!) and cash’s mom (palacios) who i supposed to be latino. maybe she is not, but her surname has spanish origins, not italian.

Both Jessica and cash have European mothers not Latino mothers.

The name Palacios has origins in Basque and closer to ancient French.

Noor is not cute at all . She is a mini Cash. Jessica pimping her kids. jennifer Garner is Great mom but Alba is just PR