Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Split

Peter Facinelli & Jennie Garth Split

Sad news for Peter Facinelli and wife Jennie Garth.

After 11 years of marriage, the Twilight star, 38, and Beverly Hills, 90210 alum, 39, have decided to divorce, Us Weekly reports.

While we have decided to end our marriage, we both share the same deep love and devotion to our children,” Facinelli and Garth say in a joint statement. “We remain dedicated to raising our beautiful daughters together. We ask for privacy and respect during this time.”

The pair are parents to three daughters: Luca, 14, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.

It was first marriage for Facinelli and the second for Garth, who was married to Daniel Clark from 1994 to 1996.

Filed under: Jennie Garth,Peter Facinelli

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Anonymous9

Just another example of how people who are constantly telling you how happy they are as a couple and a family probably aren’t. People who are happy don’t actually spend all their time trying to convince you of it.

2. loveliason

Awww too bad.

they split months and months ago. this statement is conveniently timed for jennie’s new reality show. that’s so typical these days with celebrities.

4. Amy

WOW! I definitely didn’t see this coming!! I thought they had such a cute family and were so in love!! Definitely sad :(

5. Lou x

Nooooooooo!!! I love them as a couple, this is really sad for them.
    I know its been rumoured for a while but really hoped it wasn’t true :-(

Shocked and sad for them I thought they were one of the few that would make it!

7. Boo!

BOO! I audibly went “NO!” when I saw this. So sad :-(

I’m more shocked that they stayed married that long! 11 years in Hollywood is considered a lifetime!

9. Pete

no one thinks of the kids theses days..

• Rosy

It actually wouldn’t be fair to the kids or the parents to stay together simply for the children if they were having some serious issues. If the parents are fighting constantly and demeaning each other in front of their children, how is that possibly good for them? Things aren’t always so black and white.

It’s better for kids to be with divorced parents than parents who stay together but fight all the time. Splitting up *is* thinking of the kids. If the relationship is broken, staying together “for the kids” isn’t going to fix it.

Not surprised. No one tries to make it work anymore.

How do you know they didn’t try? Are you aware of everything that happened in private during their marriage?

• Rolling My Eyes

You can’t say they didn’t “try to make it work” when they were married for 11 years. If you split up after three years, that’s (probably) not trying to make it work. But over a decade, you lose the ability to say they didn’t “try”.

Wow, this is a shock – they were one of the few couples who seemed stable and happy! They have such a cute family, such a shame it didn’t work. :-(

12. Bárbara

I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS! So sad :(
    They have such a beautiful family and they seem to be so in love… Sad sad sad :(

First it was Heidi and Seal, now it’s Peter and Jennie. Is this the end of the world coming?

13. Mimi

So sad. I thought they were so cute as a family :(

14. Anonymous27

I have a feeling that since he became more popular he probably started cheating.
    It makes me feel sick.. I know that FEELING! It’s sad.

15. May

It’s not fair to say they didn’t try. I’m sure during 11 years of marriage (and dating years), they tried a lot. It didn’t work. It’s bad, but it’s real life.

16. lynn

So sad. I’ve just watched the film unfinished affair with them both in such a good film and its such a shame after all them years and 3 beautiful daughters that they have split.