New Mom Charlize Theron Talks Baby Swaddling

New Mom Charlize Theron Talks Baby Swaddling

Just days after sharing her adoption news, actress Charlize Theron says she’s been overwhelmed by the response to the happy announcement.

“It’s been amazing, the amount of emails and congratulations,” the new mom told Ryan Seacrest on air this morning. “Everyone’s just been so lovely — it’s been really nice.”

So how is everything going for the Oscar-winner and her 4-month-old baby boy Jackson? Charlize says she’s already picked up a couple of tried-and-true tricks.

“I didn’t think I would be a fan of the swaddling, but the swaddling’s pretty amazing,” the Young Adult star says. “It sort of looks a bit like a straightjacket — you’re like, ‘Is this child abuse?’ — but for some reason they just love it.”

Filed under: Charlize Theron

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Ella

It’s beautiful to see people like actors who are adopting their children. I always wonder why the only unmarried actresses adopt the boys. As Sheryl Crow, Sharon Stone, Sandra Bullock, Charlize Theron. Noticed this trend? Excuse me my English.

2. Anon

Sorry, not true. Kristin Davis, Denise Richards, Meg Ryan all adopted baby girls as single Moms. Madonna was single when she adopted Mercy James. Angelina Jolie was single when she adopted Zahara and there are many, many more.

• Ella

Yes, you are right about the Kristin Davis. Angelina Jolie adopted the boy first. Meg Ryan, Denise Richards and Madonna have had their biological children before. What I meant is that new mothers seem to take the boys first.

those actresses are all SINGLE
    so its TRUE

4. mandy000

Holy moly shes a beauty! but isnt she prettier now?? I cant wait to find out where the baby hails from not that it matters… wait to see what he looks like! happy for bay Jackson and charlize!~

5. Rosy

Ella – I don’t know that in a lot of cases you can choose the gender of the child you are adopting. I could be wrong though.

• Deeonlee1

Rosy, that is absolutely not true. You can specify gender, age and ethnicity. Being so specific however in a lot of cases makes your wait for an adoptable child. I know this because I was a volunteer with the adoption program in Missouri for 3 years. I so enjoyed being a volunteer that my husband and I ended up adopting two children of our own.

It’s great single woman in the US are allowed to adopt, I wish we could do the same in Europe… Because here, when you’re single, or in a relationship but not married (for at least a few years), you’re not allowed to adopt.