Hilary Duff & Mike Comrie Welcome Baby No. 1: Luca Cruz Comrie!

Hilary Duff & Mike Comrie Welcome Baby No. 1: Luca Cruz Comrie!

And baby makes three!

Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie have welcomed their baby boy. The new mom Tweeted the big news this afternoon, writing, “Welcome to the World Luca Cruz Comrie! Tuesday evening, we became proud parents of a healthy 7 pound 6 ounce beautiful boy.”

“We are overjoyed and feel like the luckiest parents in the world,” the 24-year-old actress continues. “He is surrounded by so much love!! Mom and baby are both doing extremely well.”

The baby is the first for Hilary and her husband, who tied the knot in 2010.

Congratulations to them on their new arrival!

Filed under: Births,Hilary Duff,Mike Comrie

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Luca is only for a boy…
    It’s an italian name, duh. It`s like Lucas or Luke…

2. F.A.J

Congratulations to them!

3. Rachael

not exactly what i was expecting for their sons name. hmm,

4. ZaraB

Congrtulations, but arrrgggh – as the mother of a Luca, I am so annoyed to see a celebrity using the name! I hope it doesn’t result in a massive spike in popularity.

My baby cousin was born three weeks ago and was named Lucca. It think it’s getting popular.

I know how you feel, my daughter’s name is Ivy and I was mad when Beyonce ‘stole’ it :) but luckily for me everyone seems to hate it.

i know 4 different luca’s. one is a man over age 30. one is a 16 year old GIRL. and two are boys under 10. you’re not the first person to name your kid luca. why get annoyed that someone else chose that name? that’s just weird in my opinion.

She said she doesn’t want the name to become super popular, not that no one else is allowed to use the name. I know there are a lot of people who choose a name because everyone else likes it, but there are people who don’t want a name that everyone seems to be using. Some people like having an uncommon name.

love this comment! how is it annoying, she is just as entitled to use the name Luca as you are!

I like Cruz and Luca separate but I don’t know if “Luca Comrie” flows. Definitely not a name I was expecting from “Hilary” and “Mike”. Haha. Congratulations to the family!

Sounds like she totally ripped off Beckham’s son Cruz, and handbag designer Rebecca Minkoff’s son Luca….no originality. Yuck.

7. klutzy_girl

Love the name! Congratulations to them.

8. May

Oooh! I really like that name. I expected something like table or cat, so it makes me happy to see that they went outside the box, but inside earth. Congrats!

9. Shirelle

Congrats Hilary! Love The name Luca!

10. Anon

Luca for a boy? Dislike.

• Elena

Luca is a Latin name and here in Italy is used only for boys!
      In other States is also used to the female, but originally is a male name :)

• Mila

Luca is a very popular Italian boy name. It has been on top of the name charts in many European countries for a while. I like it though, and I like that she went with a more regular name rather than one of those celebrity weirdo names!

11. Erin

Congrats to them, cute name!

I think it’s a nice name. Congrats to them! I love Hilary. the middle name Cruz sounds kind of random, but who knows.

I’m glad we got to hear the name right away too

14. Trina

I LOVE THAT NAME!! CONGRATS 2 THEM.

15. mandy000

if she were a friend id say how sweet! but inside id think what an unattractive name….but hey to each their own. I personally think shes a cutie but her husband is so not appealing….good thing boys favor mommas

16. Brittany

I Def Love the name Luca Cruz it fits well stop hating its her baby she will name him what she wants!!!

I LOVE the name Luca! Congrats :)

What a pleasant surprise, Luca Cruz is a lovely name! Short and sweet, love it! Luca was on my list for one of my new baby boys, I’m not to sure about it now, but I am in no way going to knock it off just because Hilary Duff used it, come on people it’s not that uncommon, being “annoyed” isn’t really necessary she’s not your sister! Congratulations to them, I’ve enjoyed following her pregnancy and can’t wait to see a picture. xx

LUCA IS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR ÑAMES IN ITAL
    It’s not the MOST creative name but i like it

20. Brynn

I LOVE the name! So adorable! It’ll still be nice when the baby’s older, too. I love Hilary, she’s so awesome, she was like one of the only stars that Disney didn’t ruin. She’s an excellent role model, unlike Miley, and person. Keep rocking, Hilary. :) Love ya. And Congrats. :D

21. Anabelle

I don’t like the name Luca. It’s always made me think “Puke” and “Mucus”. But that’s just my opinion =) I like Cruz though. Hilary Duff’s always come across as very down-to-earth and sweet so I’m sure she’ll be a great mom and I’m happy for her. I can’t believe Lizzie Maguire has a baby though – I feel so old! x