Ricky Martin & Twins Pose For Spain’s ‘Vanity Fair’

Ricky Martin & Twins Pose For Spain's 'Vanity Fair'

Ricky Martin and his 3-year-old twins Matteo and Valentino are photographed in the April issue of the Spanish edition of Vanity Fair.

The singer’s partner of four years – Carlos – also joins them in the photo shoot. He says of meeting the singer, ” I was looking for a boyfriend, not a father. I say, ‘I met a grown man.’”

In the interview Martin explains how he chose the egg donor.

I saw the photo and I said to myself: Who is this woman, so angelic, so transparent? I did not rent a womb. The fundamental conservatives use that expression. They loaned me an abdomen. I didn’t pay for it.”

He confesses, “I would give my life for the woman who helped me bring my sons into the world.”

Talking about being gay – he shares that intimacy with women had never been a problem for him.

He reveals, “I have slept with women and I fell in love with them and I felt wonderful things. There was love, passion. I arrrepiento anything, in any relations who lived, taught me a lot, both men and women.”

Now appearing on Broadway’s Evita - he’s embracing the Spanish citizenship he received four months ago.

Referring to Spain’s law of authorizing same-sex marriage which is being challenged in Constitutional Court – he says he is open to it stating, “If you touch the gay marriage law now as Spanish citizen I am, I would get up and I would join my community. “

Filed under: Matteo Martin,Ricky Martin,Valentino Martin

Photo credit: Vanity Fair Spain

1. Gonzalez

I wonder if the biological father ever gets the chance to see them. Personally I think he should have chosen a Puerto Rican woman for the mother but color is a big deal on the island with everyone preferring pale children.

• F.A.J

Ehmm Sorry but Ricky is also the biological father. They were born from a suggorate mother, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t the biological father. They don’t have to look like him. I think they look like their mother. Oh and like I said, Ricky is the biological father.

• F.A.J

• anonymous

Ricky is their biological father. He used an egg donor and surrogate.

Love these photos. Super sweet family.

• F.A.J

People like you just don’t want to understand that Ricky is their biological father.
      Btw The twins are adorable and I love their haircut.

Is color really a big deal? And if so you think they made their choice based on that?

• derp

Ricky is the biological father.

• NYCMommy

I am sorry if I sound dense but isnt Ricky Martin the biological dad? and I am curious as to how you know the surrogate was not Puetro Rican? I have PR friends who have lighter skin coloring than myself and I am of Irish heritage.

don’t be raicist, there is white Puerto Rican aswell and HE is the bio father of them and as far as I can see and know he is white to me so what if he chooses a white mother just like him?

They are cute little boys, make me want twins!

Gonzalez – ridiculous comment.

Beautiful children. But I thought one of them was a redhead?

Puerto Rican Redhead? That could be a problem on the island.

I’m a little confused by him saying he didn’t pay the surrogate. Surrogacy is a wonderful, generous, compassionate act, but the women typically do get compensated financially for what they do. It doesn’t make it any less of a great thing, but that’s the way it works.

7. Gassed

I love seeing everyone debate the facts of who the biological father is as if they know first hand. I believe the father is a red head that I work with, although he doesn’t like to be referred to as “A RED HEAD” he believes it’s like being referred as “PUERTO RICAN” or any other type of generalization. Remember, we’re all gods children.

8. rowe_wc

Gonzalez wasn’t being racist — do people even know the definition of racism nowadays???– She/he was stating the truth. It is more ideal and glamorized to be white or near white as possible opposed to dark skinned/black. And since her/his last name is Gonzalez, I can only assume she/he is part of the Latino community and would most certainly have knowledge of, and has experienced what she stated.

…the children don’t look like him at all.

• Eloisa

you are being stupid, learn a bit of history before talking his last name is spanish, yes from Spain a country in europe, where people is white, like most people in usa have european last names. What is latino community? someone who speaks a latin language? somebody from de hispanic culture? you are mixing things, latino is not a race! there are blacks, and native americans with tanned skin in latin america of course, because the spaniards who colonize america didnt kill all natives like the people of usa did, and they even mixed, so there are people of every races and colors in latin america.
      Ricky martin is white, and his childs are whitte too, just like him, you are racist assuming that because his last name is smanish hi should be black or his kids should be whitte.

9. rowe_wc

…the children don’t look like him at all.

google pictures of Ricky from his Menudo days. I think the boys look a lot like a younger Ricky.

They are so pretty, just like daddy

12. SMH

Why do I find it is always the hottest guys who would rather stare at another penis then boobs! damn such a waste lol.

Kids are really beautiful.

One thing I’ve noticed is that he’s been evasive about their exact birthday. Whenever I’ve read about the twins, there’s just a vague reference to them being born in August. Once a kid is born, even the most secretive celebs don’t give a hoot who knows the birthday. Bizarre…

14. Denise

What a beautiful family. I just love, love, love them. They look so much like Ricky. Enjoy tyour boys they grow up sooo fast.

15. Denise

16. Alonzo

Colorism is a big deal in the Hispanic community only white, straight hair and small noses are preferred. White Latinos are considered the epitome of beauty and Ricky made sure that his children would have that phenotype by having a white egg donor.

17. Ellen

I don’t see where all this ‘bio father’ things come from. The kids, in my opinion, looks just like him.. When the magazines released their first pictures, the first thing I said was smth like “Oh boy, they look just like him!” They’re his vivid image, just one of them has lighter hair than the other, no big deal.

18. Sthefany

omg they are so cute, love the haircut :3

19. SallyAnn

None of Ricky’s personal life is my business. That being said, since he is putting a portion of his life on display, I feel like I have a right to
    Make a comment. This whole interview seems a little bizarre. Is Carlos like another parental figure to the boys? He has been around long enough, but that being said it doesn’t seem like Ricky wants to share any part of the
    Child/parent experience with anyone else. Maybe it’s just the difference in language & culture that makes this interview off-putting. Either way, beautiful boys!

20. nicoleC

gorgeous twins

21. mandy000

gonzalez please go somewhere lol that pissed me off. he is so sweet hearted and the way he is towards those boys is beautiful! until someone proves otherwise he seems to be a wonderful dad and more power to him!

22. Lioness

Why are people saying they don’t look like him? I think they both look just like him, they are clearly Ricky’s kids. And you all are getting on Gonzalez’s case, but s/he is right- colorism is a big problem in the Latino community; the closer to Caucasian you look, the better. Didn’t anyone ever see the pics of Sammy Sosa looking CRAZY after bleaching his skin? If you haven’t, look it up. What Gonzalez talked about is a very real thing. And I wouldn’t put it past Ricky to pick someone that would give him kids that look even “whiter” than he does.

All THAT said, the boys are absolutely GOOORgeous!

23. Renata Corgosinho

No encuentro esa magazine mas en Madrid , porque foe de Abril y me has dicho que foe retirada de los quioscos en 25abril, y mi sobrina es muy fan de Ricky

Porfa se alguien sabe donde puedo encuentrar y compra esta magacine me lo dicen
    como tengo que hacer
    Gracias a todos

Ricky Martin is white what makes people think otherwise? he has caucasian features and is naturally light skinned. Just because he has a tan and speaks Spanish doesn’t make him not white. I reckon people are racially confused in the latin American countries.