Alicia Silverstone: Cradling & Nursing Bear Blu

Alicia Silverstone: Cradling & Nursing Bear Blu

Alicia Silverstone looked like she was nursing her son Bear Blu while walking down the street in Brentwood, Calif. on Tuesday (March 27).

Cradled in a green sling – the 10-month-old tot clung close to mom’s breast during their stroll. The 35-year-old actress managed to not show too much under her unzipped jacket.

Alicia posted a video on her blog yesterday showing a loving feeding moment between herself and Bear. Like a mama bird she chewed up her food and had her soon feed off her mouth.

She wrote: “I fed Bear the mochi and a tiny bit of veggies from the soup…from my mouth to his. It’s his favorite…and mine.”

Besides promoting Veganism – the Clueless star is continuing her acting career. Her new movie Gods Behaving Badly comes out this year.

Filed under: Alicia Silverstone,Bear Blu Jarecki

Photo credit: FameFlynet

well hollyweird IS the land of fruits and nuts. its obvious with this story. chicks a bit nutty

2. TruthHurts

She is also promoting malnutrition and passing on any infections she may have. Aside from that… Weirdorama.

“managed not to show too much” … you can’t see a thing!

She’s actually breastfeeding..adorable!

Ew. It kinda becomes un-adorable when a kid is big enough to run around the room. That boy’s gonna have problems, The feeding mouth-to-mouth is even sicker. I bet she wishes he was still in the womb, where she could completely control him.

the world Health Organization recommends breast feeding for at least 1 year. Whats weird is that our society has way over sexualized breasts. The health benefits are too many to list here but this kid will be smarter and healthier his entire life! The only reason everyone doesn’t know how great breast milk is that no one makes any money off of it. You should really do some research ;)

Hahaha, silly ignorant comments always make me laugh :)

What’s so wrong about feeding your baby in public? Do you eat in public? I think YOU should go eat your lunch in the bathroom hunched over a toilet.

We nursing mothers can’t catch a break. If we pull the WHOLE boob out there’s an outcry. Try to do it discretely and still catch flack. This is very tastefully done. If they hadn’t pointed it out most wouldn’t have even known what she was doing. BTW Hollywood shows WAY more cleavage and breasts and no one has an issue with it.

What flack? Neither the article nor the comments is giving anyone flak for anything!

I’d call this flack:
        Mar 29, 2012 @ 07:21 pm
        Anonymous said:
        “Ew. It kinda becomes un-adorable when a kid is big enough to run around the room. That boy’s gonna have problems…”

It’s like talking loudly on your cell in a store aisle. C’mon, keep some modesty. Everybody doesn’t have to share every moment of your life. I don’t wanna hear your phone calls, and I don’t want to watch you feed your baby, when you can go over to a quiet, private place and have it be even more special. I think, like the cell phones, it’s a histrionic thing — Everybody look at me! Look what I’m doing! Aren’t I wonderful?

Love the fact she is breastfeeding like this. Horrified about the feeding from the mouth!

8. Anonymouse

Love it! She seems like a great mom, and I’m always happy to see ANYONE nursing in public!

How exactly is she promoting malnutrition? If she is feeding him fruits and vegetables and mixed grains, as well as breastfeeding, his nutrition is covered. The breastmilk has all that he needs, even at 10 months.

9. Micaela

That is adorable.

why is this so horrifying? you’re all just bitches.

11. Dagny's Mom

Yay for nursing! Plus, my daughter nurses in the Ergo ALL THE TIME!

He has lots of hair for being only 10 months old. He’s much cuter now.

FREE CITY sweats rock.

14. Sujinah

Lol breastfeeding like a ninja! It is so subtle >.<
    Not gonna lie, I would feel uncomfortable seeing someone breastfeeding their baby in public (I just don’t want to see someone’s breast out in public) but I am not against it. Just … people on both side need to calm down. Those that are for it should get off their high horses and those against it should be more open-minded.

15. Ellis

I find she has become too extreme and libertine. Some activities are intimate and must take their own space. I find her too exhibitionist recently….

16. Marina

Awesome for breast feeding, being vegetarian and nursing in public!!!! Love it. But, Alicia, humans’ mouths are so full of bacteria, please do not share that with such a young little mouth….

17. Marina

People are freaking out because they think that she’s regurgitating her food and feeding it to her son. she is just chewing up bits but he cant chew himself and taking it out of her mouth and putting it in his there’s nothing wrong with that. I used chew bits of meat for my son so he wouldnt choke. yay for breastfeeding what a good mama. people can be so judgemental even other mothers, it’s not like she’s feeding her child bleach. We need to learn to be more supportive of other parents decisions, especially when they’re not harming the children.
    LOVE my Ergo!

• gini

She wasn’t just chewing the food a bit and then feeding it to him she was actually having him eat the food out of her mouth. I’m sorry but that is weird. But yay for breastfeeding!

What a wonderful thing that you are doing for you and your baby!

Aww! Adorable! I love it! I walked around Earth Day Omaha and the Henry Doorly Zoo nursing in my Ergo last summer… No one had any clue. :-)

Seriously what do you think they did in the days before Gerber and a blender?! This is nothing new and while I am not sure it is for me there is nothing wrong with it.

What I notice here Ibefore I go, with my judgemental mind) is that people don’t just wanna DO things like this, they want others to see, and they want to be applauded for it. If it’s really just natural, why does everyone need to approve and applaud and “love to see it”? See, it comes off as a show-off thing. You’re not exact;y curing cancer; I know your baby is fascinating to you, but to the rest of us….meh.

Actually she doesn’t at all look like she’s interested in attention. Looks like a paparrazi pic. She’s not asking to be photographed and written about in this instance. She’s just going about her day.

Hopefully she showered.

I breadtfed my daughter for 22 months. Out of my three children she is beyond my healthiest. If you have a problem with breastfeeding . . think back to the day when there was no such thing as formula.

I don’t see what’s wrong about this. Breastfeeding is a totally natural, normal thing.