Nick Cannon On His Anniversary: “It’s A Family Day”

Nick Cannon On His Anniversary: "It's A Family Day"

Since tying the knot on the beach in the Bahamas in 2008, Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey have faithfully renewed their vows every year. This year, however, the couple are not only celebrating their fifth year of marriage but also the first birthday of their twins Monroe and Moroccan.

“It’s a family day,” Nick shares with Life & Style about his anniversary date of April 30th. “We’ll celebrate with them during the day and just the two of us at night.”

With an especially tough year behind him – Nick was recently diagnosed with the autoimmune disease lupus nephritis – the Drumline actor is looking forward to saying “I do” to his wife for the fifth time, promising it will be a lavish event.

“It’s gonna be big,” he reveals.

“We get married every year,” he adds. “It’s our thing. I just have to keep doing it to make sure it’s real!”

Filed under: Nick Cannon

Photo credit: Disney

1. Porter

She looks really good.

2. Courtney

unless Mariah is planning o drag Nick the Twins and the nannies to Austria then the Vow renewal and birth celebration have to wait. and I don’t think Mariah would take the twins to Austria with her as they’ve never been out of the US before and they are more prone to get sick because they were born prematurely

• Necole

Nick and the babies ARE going with her to Austria. Nick said the twins will be making their first overseas trip in a recent interview. Nick Cannon Archives may have it.

The babies are going to be one soon, so I don’t see why they can’t go oversea’s. People do it all the time.

And, most twins come early/are preemies…..Mariah held those babies in for a longer than they expected her to. And, I don’t see how they are any more prone to anything. I get the first few weeks to the first few months, yes, they may be prone to things more than non-preemies.

But, last we heard from Nick, they were pefectly normal, healthy babies. He said at their last doctor check-up their doc said they were normally developed babies.This was said before Christmas and before Nick got sick and had to quit. Nick Cannon Archines has audio from many of his radio shows, so u can go through those.

Do you guys honestly think Mariah would miss her kids first birthday?

3. Courtney

um they won’t be doing it on their anniversary she’s preforming in Austria and isn’t about to take the twins who have never been out of the us before

4. Not news

She looks like such an airhead bimbo doing that pose.

Absolutely. I just don’t get why she does this. She’s a beautiful woman, but she just looks ridiculous all the freaking time. Does she think it’s cute? Does she think it’s sexy? Doesn’t she realize it just looks weird?

I want to like these two, I really do, but I just don’t. Something about them . . . . . . . .

5. Mika

So the babies are gonna spend their first birthday without their mom? LOL… they better start to get used to that.

6. Rosy

Mariah looks great and for once she’s wearing an outfit that doesn’t reveal too much.

Geez I wish people would quit being so judgmental about Mariah. Personally, I think she’s going to be a great mom. Of course, nobody really knows that only her family and friends right? ;)

8. judithwalton

Thanks for giving us such an informative stuff…I’ll be definitely coming back to your site. Keep the Great work up…

I really really like this couple. =)