Kourtney Kardashian Defends Her Decision To Highlight Her Hair While Pregnant

Kourtney Kardashian Defends Her Decision To Highlight Her Hair While Pregnant

Expecting reality TV star Kourtney Kardashian is fully aware of the dangerous chemicals lurking in hair coloring products and the 32-year-old socialite insists her new head of highlighted locks was performed in a baby safe – and fully researched – manner.

“I followed all of the guidelines from my doctor and took the proper precautions necessary,” Kourtney writes on her personal blog. ”I highlighted my hair (which is considered the safest form of hair colour while pregnant) and NOT to the root, so nothing ever touched my scalp. I also used products that did not contain any ammonia.”

‘It is also recommended to be in a well-ventilated area as well as being at least in your second trimester, and I followed both of those rules,” she continues. “Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I take caution in all the products I use all the time, but especially when pregnant.”

No matter how diligent she was with research, Kourtney – who is mama to 2-year-old Mason and due with a baby girl this summer – admits she doesn’t know how to feel about her new look.

”I still am not sure how I feel about the colour,” she writes. “I would say dark probably suits me best, but a change is always fun! At this point, I don’t want anything else on my hair besides sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. :)”

”I decided to change up my hair to try something new. I haven’t touched my hair colour in over 10 years and thought it was time for some fun. Don’t even ask … why now after 10 years … I’m just crazy.”

Filed under: Expecting,Kourtney Kardashian

Photo credit: Kourney Kardashian Official Website

they are so dirty on their show hair dye is the least of her worrys

Yeah, because so many people must have been worried about her unborn child.

//sarcasm

3. Anabelle

Why are people criticizing her for highlighting her hair? Hilary Duff dyed her hair completely while pregnant with Luca and nobody said a word. It’s like it’s okay for some people to do it, but not others.

A lot of people hi-lite their hair while pregnant. I did! My doctor said it was perfectly safe. And think of all the pregnant hairstylists that have to touch and breathe those hair color chemicals on a daily basis. None of their children are born with three eyes and a tail. Geez, people. Leave her alone.

That’s rude to say about ppl you don’t even know. It just goes to show your character!

7. Rachel

I’m not a Kardashian fan, but it’s so obvious to only attack a Kardashian… Look at all the pregnant stars and pregnant people on the street, they ALL dye their hair!!

why does anyone care ? is everyone monitoring her diet, water intake, exercise, etc ? she is a grown woman who can make her own decisions about herself, her child and her unborn child.