Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Are Engaged!

Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie Are Engaged!

It’s official! Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are engaged!

The couple confirmed the big news to People.com this afternoon, with Brad’s rep saying, “Yes, it’s confirmed. It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy. There’s no date set at this time.”

Speculation of an engagement went into overdrive this week when Angelina was spotted sporting a new diamond ring on her left hand. Earlier today a representative for jeweler Robert Procup, who designed the ring, told the press that the pair were indeed engaged.

“Brad had a specific vision for this ring, which he realized over a yearlong collaboration,” the jeweler revealed in a statement. “He wanted every aspect of it to be perfect, so I was able to locate a diamond of the finest quality and cut it to an exact custom size and shape to suite Angelina’s hand. Brad was always heavily involved, overseeing every aspect of the creative design evolution. The side diamonds are specially cut to encircle her finger. Each diamond is of the highest gem quality.”

Parents to kids Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne, Brad and Angelina have long said they wouldn’t wed until everyone had the legal right to do so, but in recent interviews the Moneyball star hinted at a change of heart.

“We’d actually like to,” he told The Hollywood Reporter in January. “And it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren’t going to do it till everyone can. But I don’t think we’ll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment.”

The actress’ dad Jon Voigt was one of the first to offer his congratulations, telling US Weekly, “I’m very happy for them.”

Congratulations to them!

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

They’re not going to keep their public vow not to wed until gay marriage is legal in all U.S. states?

• Lin

They don’t owe anyone anything, so what if they choose to marry!!! Congrats to the beautiful couple!!

• Anna

Then they should have never said anything about not getting married until everyone else can. Didn’t expect them to stand behind it though, so I’m not surprised.

Did you even read the article? There’s a quote from Brad specifically addressing that.

Presumably they would have kept to their decision not to marry until everyone could, all things being equal. But for some reason it became really important to their kids as they grew older, so the decision changed. I think it’s nice they’re actually listening to their kids and being flexible with their decisions as the kids grow older.

Yeah, she read the article. It’s says he changed his mind. So, he shouldn’t have said it in the first place. It was grandstanding.

Some people on her act like this is the royal couple or something. They don’t fart rainbows you know.

• Lin

Brad is human just like you, he may have made that statement with good intentions, but really, do you think Society is going to chane all Laws for him or you for that matter!!! Get real, Congrats to Brad and Angelina!!!

Well GLAAD supports their engagement and so do the people on most Gay sites.Prop 8 has been overturned in CA so you can get married in one of the states that allow Gay marriage Anna. Congrats to Brad and Angie

First Brad said that not angelina and if you didn’t expect “them” to stand behind it why do you keep metching it.

FYI everyone can get married just not in every state.

It’s about time.

3. Anon

Mazal Tov! They make a great couple and their kids are adorable. I wish them all the best. I’ve already considered them married in my mind tho :)

I’m happy for them and their family!

I’ll believe it when they actually get married. Yawn.

6. Sandlee

Who cares.

• Annie Smith

lol, i agree
      most people really don’t care about them anymore
      even if they adopted another kid or if she got pregnant, no one’s really that interested anymore…

• Anna23

Where do you get your facts know one cares that why they are one of the most hight paid movie stars and the media can’t stop talking about them for more than a minuet wether its stories about them having another baby or adopting so on good or bad the media talks about them becuase they know the mention of Brad or Angelina name in some mag is going to make money.

You seem to care very much that you took the time to comment,you may not like them but fact is people care and are interested.

• Sammantha

I don’t see how you and Sandlee can say you don’t care went here you are taking the time to comment. I know when I don’t care about someone like the kardashians I go right past post about them because I don’t care whats going on in their lives so why would I want to take the the time to comment unless I did care about them good or bad.

Anyway Congrats to the couple.

You do becuse if you didn’t you would have went past this post instead of commenting.

congrats! angie lands husband number 3! she’s bound to make a killing in the divorce settlement too, so that’s pretty awesome. good work.

They’ve been together for over six years so if they weren’t compatible, don’t you think they’d know it by now? After six years of living as a married couple and raising children together, the only reason people would even BOTHER getting engaged is if they were certain they’re meant for each other. Period.

And hey, I noticed you omitted something from your congratulations… “Brad lands wife number 2! He’s bound to make a killing in the divorce settlement too, so that’s pretty awesome.” There, now your congrats is complete.

Really, who cares.

Sooooooo
    Under whelm’ed
    what are they promoteing ??

10. Trina

THEY ARE ALREADY MARRIED IN MY EYES..JUST BEAUTIFUL NEWS.. I KNOW THE KIDS ARE ECSTATIC

11. Shannon

Awesome news. I understand where they were coming from when they said they wouldn’t do it until everyone could, and it was a great thought, but they probably didnt realize then that it might mean so much to the kids. And I think they had about 3 kids less then than they do now. And their putting their kids wishes ahead of their public expectation, which I think it pretty damn great. Shows whats reallt important to them. Many congrats to this beautiful couple, I wish them and their lovely all the best.

• Anna

I think it shows that they can’t think ahead, that they make promises they can’t keep and only say things that suit them.

• Bella

What promises did they make?

• Sheri

You need to get a reality check, so what if Brad made that comment, geez, he’s not a Politician, Religious figure,etc. did you really think Gay Marriage would take place just like that!!!! Kudos to them for all they do to help others!!! All you whiners, haters, and nasty bullies, let’s see what you’ve done for Society LATELY!!! Congrats to the entire Jolie-Pitt Clan!!

You act they they are saints for getting married after having 6 kids.

If they were so concerned about the kids they should have gotten married years ago.

• Anonymous 2000

If their kids didn’t care about them being married years ago when they were all under the age on ten and most of them probably did know what married was why would they concerned about the matter then?

Now all except two are old enough to know what married is and had questions so I would guess for that reason and others they dicsided to get married. Just like johnny depp who was with his girlfriend of 14 years have two kids and only resanty dicsided to get get married.

The kids didn’t care years ago.

12. Sue

Great News, happy for all of them!!! Congrats!

Congrats to the happy couple.

Congrats to the happy couple.

Congrats to the happy couple.

16. annabel lee

What happy news Congrats.

i wonder if she’ll send her wax statue in place of herself at the ceremony. no one would know the difference

18. nicoleC

they’re quite boring!
    hope this engage thing won’t ruin their relationship

Wow I see the haters are out, it must really kill some of you that their getting married.

20. Bella

congratulations !!!

21. Mommy of 2

About time! They’ve already been living together and have 6 kids, I don’t really feel they deserve a congratulations, they should have done it along time ago.

I thought they were not getting married toll gays would marry. This is a dsperate card after leg-gate. Notice that they are now a joke. So they are trying hard to be taken seriously again. All morning shows lampoon them. Sorry, Brangelina is so 2005.

hatred for angelina jolie runs fast and deep in the american woman. haven’t you noticed she doesn’t have any friends in hollywood? gee, i wonder why…

24. Audrey

Isn’t it great that we live where we can change our mind about what to eat, buy or even get married? Congrats to them.

So happy for them!!!

26. SiervaMaria

It’s all at once sad and hilarious how bat_hit off the chain with hate that they didn’t implode and collapse like predicted. The haters are going nuts alll over the web because this was not the plan. Shiloh was supposed to kill it then Pax, and finally the twins. Oh yeah! I almost forgot about how his family; especially his mom Jane alledgedly despised her and yet…….wait for it now………what do we see and hear from Jane? she and Angie hanging out w/o Brad or kids on multiple occassions. Jane being Angies “date” for a premier of her movie ITLOBAH. Jane saying how PROUD she is of Angie and calling her a wonderful mom. I love it. I love it and I LOVE IT! So all the hateration has done nothing and means nothing to those who knew Jolie-Pitt weren’t a fleeting HW here today moved on to someone new tomorrow romance. Cheers to them and I can’t wait for the nuptials.

27. p

Just get married. An engagement in this case is tacky to me. Not sure why, it just rubs me the wrong way. But I am thrilled they are getting married! Congrats!