Jennifer Lopez & Max: Gas Station Stop

Jennifer Lopez & Max: Gas Station Stop

American Idol judge Jennifer Lopez, 42, and her son Max, 3, made a quick stop at a gas station in Sherman Oaks, Calif. on Sunday (April 15). With a bodyguard standing by, J.Lo held onto her swingin’ son as they made their way back to the car. Twin sis Emme was not spotted with the stylish duo.

“By nature I am not tough, believe it or not. No. I am a lover. And with my kids I am even softer. I realize with my son, I have to sometimes be tough, especially now when he’s pushing boundaries,” Jennifer said. “With my daughter, I can get a little stern with her and she pretty much will listen. But my son will just scream and yell and run. I’m like, Aaaaah, what do I do with this?!”

The pop diva is set to launch her first-ever musical world tour later this year.

The singer/actress/TV personality will embark on more than 60 tour dates, beginning in South America this June after the current season of American Idol concludes.

Filed under: Jennifer Lopez,Max David Muñiz

Photo credit: FameFlynet

He looks like such a handful.

2. NYCMommy

Looks like someone needs a time out and/or a swat on the bottom depending on your parenting style.

Anyone can clearly see that she looks annoyed and uncomfortable. It must be horrible to have your kid having a tantrum in public when you are a celeb and you know there are people taking pictures. It’s bad enough when it’s just you and your kids, let alone thousands watching.

• Lakesha

Could be that she’s annoyed by the paparazzi…can’t even swing my son off a step without people gawking and judging…the kid doesn’t look upset.

Really that the best you got, she never had a problem with the paps before even with them aroud her kids and in pictuer 6 he looks unhappy.

If I would go by you then I guess the video of Max throwing a fit and runway from her at LAX airport kicking and screaming when the bodygard ran after him and pick him up, was just Max playing hide and seek. Right

4. Da

She needs to put her sensibilities aside. She needs to know when to lay down the law in order to shape her son and keep him safe. When he takes off and a car is turning around a corner, she needs to be able to summon a voice that stops him in his tracks. It’s moments like that when, “no dessert” or “I’m going to talk to your father” wont work. He’s a handsome little guy and his behavior is normal, she just has to come to turns with that and not make it a bigger issue than it has to be.

Seems Max is often throwing tantrums, running away, or just being a “handful” even when he doesn’t spot the paparazzi on him. Her comments here and elsewhere pretty much confirm that he’s difficult and she’s not much of a disciplinarian.

Perhaps if she spent as much time getting to know her son instead of getting to KNOW Casper Smart then maybe her son would learn how to behave better and not act like a raging animalistic spoiled BRAT!

this is why parents need to spend more time with their children. he probably does not act that bad w/the nannies. he is wanting attention from his mom and she is too busy giving most of hers to her babyboytoy. if she spent more time w/him she would discipline better, because she would not tolerate bad behavior. but she really has no clue as to how to handle him or what to do w/him. it is a sad situation for the kids. she is so concerned w/boytoy, career, dressing like a teenage ho, etc than with raising her children.

I agree, and ever since American Idol has made her popular again she has been everywhere with her young boyfriend promoting her career. So she’s getting ready to go on a worldwide tour, yet she has two 4-year olds who need their mother. She’s already wealthy and set for life but I guess in some cases a parent will put their career first.

• Tasha

I think you maybe right I’ve never seen a pictuer of Max acting up with the nanny but their are a lot of him throwing a tantrum with his mom.

8. Anon.

This just looks like a typical 3 year old boy. Reminds me of my high energy son at that age who grew up just fine. I wouldn’t read too much into these pictures.