Taylor Hanson & Wife Expecting Baby No. 5

The Hanson baby boom continues!

Taylor Hanson, 29 - the middle brother in the band Hanson - and his wife Natalie, 28, are expecting their fifth child, PEOPLE reports. “Natalie and I are so anxious to meet our fifth mini-Hanson,” Taylor says. “As are the four siblings at home who are counting the days to the arrival.”

The Hanson baby boom continues!

Taylor Hanson, 29 – the middle brother in the band Hanson – and his wife Natalie, 28, are expecting their fifth child, PEOPLE reports. “Natalie and I are so anxious to meet our fifth mini-Hanson,” Taylor says. “As are the four siblings at home who are counting the days to the arrival.”

The new baby, who’s due in late 2012, will join siblings Ezra, 9½, Penelope, who turns 7 on Thursday, River, 5½, and Viggo, 3.

And not to mention the four cousins from Uncle Isaac and Zac!

The family friendly band is currently in the middle of an international tour to promote their album Shout It Out.

After two kids, you’re outnumbered,” Taylor said in 2009. “So once you cross having three, having [more] is not such a big deal. I think it’s pretty much ‘the more the merrier’ for them at this point.”

Congratulations to to the Hanson family!

Filed under: Expecting,Taylor Hanson

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Uhhh

good god.. she is 28 with almost 5 kids.. WTF! another duggar family in the wings.

How many kids they (or the Duggars) have is none of your business, nor is it a “WTF” moment.

You honestly don’t know ANYONE in your real life with 5 kids?

The Duggars make it our business by putting their personal life on display on television. If they didn’t want people to talk about how many children they have, they wouldn’t go on a TV show whose stated subject, right there in its title, is *how many children they have*.

I know right get her tubs tied for goodness sake already , i mean my husband & i have 5 kids but i had gotten fixed right after i had our son & he is now 4 years old .. i mean we love kids but we have our hands full already we have Chris witch is fourteen & Malachi age 13 & twin girls Sylvia & Lillian ages 8 , going to be nine here soon & our youngest son Gabriel age 4 years old , for us we agreed that was enough for us! well got to go !
      sincerely : proud wife & mother !

2. Andrea

wow 5 kids!!! more power to them wonder how many they will have?

That’s a lot of kids

4. Priscila (Brazil)

OMG !! 5 ?? and he’s only 29`… His wife don´t know how to prevent or she really like stay home with a lot of kids doing cupcakes ?? and TH having fun around the world … LOL

WTF? Yeah… parenting 5 kids would be all about making cupcakes. You are obviously not a parent.

They’re both from very large, Christian, homeschooling families. This is the norm for them.

Taylor and Natalie actually don’t homeschool, their kids, they actually send them to a regular school in Tulsa. But they adore their kids, and are fabulous parents. If they end up having ten kids, each one of them is a very lucky kid.

I don’t think the poster above just means that Taylor and his siblings were homeschooled and from a fairly large family. I don’t see where they post that Taylor & Natalie homeschool their own children.

Taylor and Natalie (as well as the other brothers) home school their kids so they can occasionally go on tour with their dads. There’s videos of the kids on tour and Natalie talks about schooling on her Twitter.

Its amazing all the negative comments. 5 really isn’t that many! I am sure they have lots of fun together as a big happy family and she looks AMAZING for being on her 5th! Congrats to them :o)

Maybe they love kids? Maybe they view kids as a joy rather than a burden?

I never understand what it is to other people how many kids someone else has? Unless they are mooching off the system what does it matter if they have 1 kid or 10? I’m guessing Hanson can more than provide for his 5 kids.

7. Anonymous9

Congratulations to the family. They always seem like a very happy couple and I’m glad they enjoy the kids so much. Some people can handle lots of kids without blinking an eye, and others get overwhelmed by just one. It’s a personal choice and nothing to get nasty about.

8. Anonymous9

9. Anabelle

Don’t really understand the negative comments. They seem a loving family, and it’s not like he’s leeching off the taxpayers.

10. Cam

What the heck people? It’s not like they’re asking you to support their kids! I grew up in a big family and it was wonderful. Congrats to them!

I don’t understand negative comments. I grew up as a single child with older parents and suffered a lot of that. I dreamed every single day I was born in a big family, with young parents.

12. anonymousk

If people would actually read the article, it’s not like she’s popping out one kid after another, they are spaced 2-3 years apart. They obviously just love having kids. Good for them. Just because all the haters can’t handle 5 doesn’t mean they can’t.

Great he can support them, but can the planet support all these people who see fit to procreate in disgusting numbers. Its a horrible trend for the wealthy to just continue to spawn because they can, think about the planet and not just yourself

• Anonymous9

Careful getting off that high horse of yours. Anything to support this idea of a “horrible trend” you speak of or just pulling that out of the southbound end of that horse you’re sitting on? No, because rich people actually have kids at a slower pace than poor people, you can check the Census Bureau if you’re interested in real facts.

With all the needy kids out there to be adopted, these people need to stop reproducing. You have four genetic ones to carry on your lineage, why dont you do something worthy for a change and adopt a child who needs it?

Oh and to the Anonymous who said to responder Uggggh, you really dont know anybody with 5 kids? Hell no! Maybe we’re not hanging with the right religious crowd?

15. ER

Wow! I didn’t even know he had one child. She seems to have babies every 21/2 years except for this pregnancy…I wonder what happened. After the first two they should have waited until their late 20s to have number 3 and 4… 28 and 29 is SO YOUNG to have so many kids. Babies are a blessing, so I’m sure they’re extremely excited and they planned this.

16. Marfle

Arent’ the Hansons like 11 in total, or something like that? He saw it at home so maybe he wants the same for his own family now.

17. Lulu

I would have no regret having 5 kids. I actually do have 2, but I still feel like there is place for more.

18. Iris

I don’t understand why most of you are so negative? Five is not that many, they don’t have one every year and yes, they are young, but what is the big deal?
    I bet that if it where Mark Wahlberg announcing he and Rhea where expecting their fifth child everyone would be ‘so excited’. What is the difference really?
    Congrats to the Hanson’s with their newest addition!

19. JD

i think it’s great that they’re expanding their family. if they have the love and the resources – more power to them. i just wish that those who could financially do it would adopt. there are so many kids that would love to be placed in a loving home, and they could do that.

20. Lena

That’s a lot of kids nowadays, I guess if they were living in the early 1900′s it wouldn’t be such a big deal :P
    I think Taylor Hanson is a fine fine human specimen and he should have as many mini Taylors as possible. Gah I had such a sick crush on him when I was a teenager, it all ended when he got married. The good thing about his marriage though? He married a fan and they’re still together! (procreating like crazy, but together anyway). Now I just have to somehow meet Ian Somerhalder and hopefully he’ll fall insanely in love with me and we’ll have 700 beautiful babies :D scratch that… 1000 beautiful babies!!!

21. i am a big fan of hanson and i thank all the fans need to mine there owen bis about what taylor and nat do if they want more kids they have the right all you fans back off them let them live there life taylor if you read this pay no mine to these crazy fans about what you and nat do if you want more kids yu have the right to tell all them sico fans to leave you alone