Tamera Mowry: “I Want A Boy”

Although expecting actress Tamera Mowry only recently announced her pregnancy, the 33-year-old Tia & Tamera star is hoping that her first little bundle will be a blue one.

"I want a boy because I have two brothers whom I love and adore,” she explains to mystyle.com. “I helped raise my brothers so I have somewhat of an experience raising boys. I haven’t the slightest idea about raising a girl. It’s like the unknown.”

“I want a boy because I have two brothers whom I love and adore,” she explains to mystyle.com. “I helped raise my brothers so I have somewhat of an experience raising boys. I haven’t the slightest idea about raising a girl. It’s like the unknown.”

Pregnant with the couple’s first child and due in early November, Tamera is definitely looking forward to joining her twin sister Tia in the joys of motherhood (Tia has 10-month-old son Cree).

“Adam and I were in the, ‘Whatever happens, happens’ mode,” Tamera reveals. “It felt like I was going to get my period, but I didn’t get it.”

“So I took a pregnancy test and that was it,” she continues. “I was shocked at first. I couldn’t talk for two minutes. It was a feeling I can’t describe.”

Relishing in the “happiest” moment of her life, the mom-to-be realized she had to break the wonderful yet unexpected news to her husband Adam Housley.

“I actually texted Adam a picture of two pregnancy tests and said, ‘Happy early Father’s Day!’” the actress recalls.

His response?

“Cooool!”

Although Tamera is excited about her future role of mommy, she also want to be the best possible mother she can.

“I don’t want to be too strict and I don’t want to be too lenient,” she says. “It’ll be a balance. I also definitely have to make sure I don’t spoil my baby, because I naturally love to do it.”

I’ll probably cry at everything — every milestone, every achievement. I hope I will be a great mom. Every mom-to-be says that, and they say if you’re thinking that, you will be.”

Congrats again to the happy couple!

Filed under: Expecting,Tamera Mowry-Housley

Photo credit: Twitter

1. Anonymous9

At 33 she should be smart enough not to say such a thing. Daughter’s going to feel great some day when she googles mom.

This has nothing to do with being smart or not smart. Lots of people have a preference and just don’t admit it. Her child will be fine if she googles mom one day.

Preggo brain stupid comment
    ” I haven’t the slightest idea of raising a girl. It’s like the unknown”

Wow. The HyperCriticals are out already!

I hope when people make comments about wanting a particular gender it’s because they already know that’s is what they are having?!

5. LaKesha

I never heard of pregnant women NOT being allowed to say which gender they prefer…you readers can’t be so ignorant to believe that she wouldn’t love her child, girl or boy.

• Anonymous9

Most pregnant women don’t say it to the national media. Most pregnant women can’t be googled later by their kids. How would you like to be 13 or 14 and google your mom and find out she hoped to have a boy instead of you? Nobody thinks that she won’t love the baby; but that comment could really hurt somebody’s feelings some day and all because she didn’t engage her brain before speaking. It’s common sense.

You really think you’d care if you find out that 14 years ago you’re mom had hoped for a boy? You really think you’d still think she was disappointed? I don’t think so.

• Ebonita

THANK you!

6. denise

Whether its a boy or girl a HEALTHY baby is all you need. Best Wishes

she’s beyond has-been status… i hope she gets 5 girls!!!!

8. Rosy

Talk about overreaction from some of these comments…she doesn’t not want a girl, it’s just that she has preference for a boy. A lot of women do and it doesn’t mean they love their child any less if they’re not the gender they had a preference for.

Get off your high horses :)

And I just want a healthy baby who will be very happy when he/she will grow up!

10. KitKat

From when I can remember my mom always used to say she wanted boys but that she was happy she got two girls instead. I don’t remeber ever being hurt by that comment…

nothing wrong with wanting a particular sex,if u dont get it baby is not loved any less.

The worst part of this article is not that she wants a boy, but that the way she told her husband she’s pregnant is via text!

13. SMH

She’s entitled to want what she wants.

However nobody really knows about raising a baby until they raise one. And you figure it out. She may not have “experience” with little girls but she is a female so it shouldn’t be rocket science to kind of grasp the concept!

14. Stellie

i hope she gets her little boy!

15. anonymous

I hope she realizes how stupid and self-centered she acted when Tia was pregnant. She was getting married and did not really seem too sympathetic to her sister’s pregnancy/birth. I felt bad for Tia that she could not do all the wedding stuff with her sister and didn’t like how Tamera acted throughout the whole ordeal on their show. I know Tia will bend over backwards to help and be there for Tamera – no matter what is going on in her life. I don’t get the texting of the news to the hubby either. How informal. His response: “Cool” My hubby would have called me or came home instead of texting me back. LOL!