Jennifer Garner: I’m Always Breastfeeding, Rarely Acting

Jennifer Garner: I'm Always Breastfeeding, Rarely Acting

One of our favorite celebrity moms, Jennifer Garner, attended the CinemaCon in Las Vegas, Nevada to accept the Female Star of the Year award on Thursday (April 26). The Alias alum – who welcomed her third child, son Samuel, on February 27 with husband Ben Affleck – wowed in a black Michael Kors dress.

“I told my mom the other day I was getting this award . . . and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line,” a glowing Garner said during her acceptance speech. “She said, ‘Jennifer, do these people know you haven’t worked in the last year?’ I said, ‘Yeah, I feel they probably know what I’ve been up to. I haven’t stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom.’”

She said, ‘Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breastfeeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee — you are not acting!’ ” the actress, 40, continued. “I said it’s not all about the now, it’s things you’ve done in the past or in the future, and she was like, ‘Honey, you have a weird job.’”

The Butter star also thanked her hands-on husband “for taking over drop-offs and pick-ups and bedtime so I could make it.”

“And thanks for making me feel like maybe someday I will get to relax in a hair and makeup chair again and leave the maniacs at home with you!,” she joked.

The high-profile couple, who wed in June 2005, are also parents to daughters Violet, 6, and Seraphina, 3.

Filed under: Uncategorized

Photo credit: FameFlynet

She looks amazing!

Can’t you find a better word than ‘alum’? I think most ppl must be as sick of it as I am! Pls try!

3. Janna

This is the reason people find her so likable, because she sounds like most of us have at one point or another. And she’s got a great sense of humor!

I heart her.

I love JG. What a great girl. She’s one of only about 5 celebrities that I’d ever care to meet or know. Congratulations on your award.

6. Chance

Best celeb mom ever then Jessica Alba!

7. Rebecca

I like her! She just seems so nice, genuine and funny. :)

I like her, but ‘Star of the Year’ when she hasn’t even done any movies at all this year or had any big roles in the past few years – isn’t that strange? They couldn’t find anyone else?! If I were another actress I might be annoyed at that.

I understand how she feels as most celeb moms embrace the fact that window for breastfeeding and other mom things is small but acting is something you can do at any age, not so with motherhood (child bearing , carpooling and etc. Reading the ientire nterview, she said the award was for past, present and future work she has done. That,together with her ability to play different roles ie action star, girl next door and etc. No reason for other actresses to be annoyed, there are enough awards to go around.

I’ve been a fan forever and I love her now more than ever. She looks great and I hope she doesn’t lose too much more weight as she looks good when she has more meat one her bones lol. Congrats to her and much success for her in the future for her in her career as well as her personal life.

10. Brynie

Sabrina – ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! sincerely truly and gneuienly it looks like it was everything that the sacrament of marriage should be! The pictures are beautifulll! Congrats to the both of you! God Bless!December 8, 2011 11:10 am

11. Parah

This is an excellent DVD. The sound and piucrte quality is brilliant and the songs and music videos are some of the best around. The King Of Pop is great! Brace Yourself A good intro to the DVD showing clips of Michael performing live in front of many fans. Brace Yourself Billie Jean This is one of the best Michael Jackson videos ever released. A highlight. The Way You Make Me Feel This nine and a half minute version is great and also rarely seen! Black Or White My all-time favourite Michael video. It made me laugh at the beginning and the rest of it was brilliant! Rock With You Not keen on the song but I love the video! Bad The full-length 18-minute version is a must-have! It shows Michael as a young school boy at the beginning. Thriller Possibly the most popular Michael video. It needed to make this collection! Beat It A great video and a great song. Another highlight. Remember The Time I just love this video! Not only is the song good, but it includes a great egyptian-style video! Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough Not one of my favourites, but not bad either. Heal The World This song and video end the DVD nicely! Overall, this may not be as good as History On Film: Volume 2 or Dangerous: The Short Films, but it’s still worth the money.