Names: Moroccan Scott Cannon & Monroe Cannon
Parents: Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon
Date of Birth: April 30, 2011
- Moroccan & Monroe were born in Los Angeles, Calif. via c-section
- Monroe was born first, weighing 5 lbs. 3 oz. and was 18 inches long
- Her brother followed, weighing 5 lbs. 6 oz. and was 19 inches long
- The twins were born on the couple’s third wedding anniversary
- Monroe was named after Marilyn Monroe, Mariah’s lifetime inspiration, and she doesn’t have a middle name because Mariah herself does not have one.
- Moroccan was named after Mariah’s New York City apartment called the Moroccan Room (due to the Moroccan-inspired decor) and it’s also the place where Nick proposed to his her. Scott is Nick’s middle name as well as his grandmother’s maiden name.
- Their nicknames are Roc & Roe
- They have also been referred to as ‘dem babies’
- Moroccan & Monroe spent their first Christmas in Aspen, Colorado
“Parenthood is absolutely the most life changing experience we could ever have imagined. The love we feel for these babies is above and beyond anything we’d ever dreamed of.” – the proud new parents on their twins.
“They’re talking, and they’re singing! They love to sing a lot, and vibe with our music, so it’s great!” – Nick on his son & daughter’s musical talents.
“We have Miss Monroe Cannon – that’s what I call her, Miss Monroe. She’s very dainty and she holds her own bottle. She’s Miss Independent, definitely Miss Independent.” – Mariah on her beautiful daughter.
“We just [baby-proofed] the house recently, but they are so smart. They know how to take the knobs and the baby proof stuff off. They know what’s baby proof, so they are like, ‘We are not suppose to be touching that — so we are going to go touch that!’ It’s crazy!” – proud papa Nick on his “smart” kiddos.
“I was in a lot of pain because of the fact that they’re twins…. I had a rough one…. I just want people to be prepared that it can happen where you go through a rough time when you’re pregnant.” – Mama Mariah on her difficult pregnancy with the twins.