Report: Jessica Simpson Delivers In Luxurious Birthing Suite

Move over Beyoncé.

New mama Jessica Simpson gave birth this morning (May 1) to daughter Maxwell Drew Johnson in a suite that includes salon services, a personal assistant and flatscreen TVs, sources confirm to HollywoodLife.com. It seems Jess and family are enjoying their new baby girl in a luxurious, three-bedroom deluxe maternity suite at Cedars-Sinai hospital in Los Angeles, Calif. which reportedly costs $3,784 per day.

Move over Beyoncé.

Some of the suite amenities include a “mother’s assistant” who attends to the needs of you and your baby during your hospital stay, a stereo, a DVD player, full-sized bathtubs, complimentary chilled juices, basket of fresh fruit and muffins and an in-room refrigerator. There are also salon services offered ranging from mani-pedis to hair cuts and blow-outs.

The happy mama posted a birth announcement on her personal website this morning officially announcing her wonderful news.

“Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl Maxwell Drew Johnson,” she wrote. “We are so grateful for all the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives!!!”

Filed under: Jessica Simpson

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. suzan

Did she have a c-section?

This is ridiculous. That makes me sick. Should be ashame of that.

• Jen

Why? She’s paying for it. It’s a service that is available, she didn’t hire her own people to come in and disrupt the hospital. After 40 hours of labour I would have loved to have my hair washed and blown out… maybe get a pedicure on my newly found feet… jealously rears it’s ugly head I think.

No, you’re the one that’s being ridiculous. She has nothing to be ashamed of. She can afford it, and I’d have done the same thing if it had been available to me. Can you imagine how great it would have been to have had that help after giving birth?

3. Krista

YAY! I bet she is super glad to have that baby finally…poor thing…that belly had to be causing some back pain! I got big like that with my son…NO FUN! lol. I am all for the “give baby girl..typical boy names”…(my daughters name is Carter) but Maxwell…yikes. not a fan…but oh well..not my baby. =p
    Congrats Jessica & Fam!

4. Cpu

From what my insurance statement said, I’m pretty sure my hospital charged this much for my room only when I had my twins too. :)

5. Cpu

• Jen

Yikes, I regret any b*tching I’ve done about the Canadian government. You may have to wait a little longer in the ER, but you’ll get the same care the rich do for free! :) Can’t have everything I guess..

6. AnonymousM

If I could afford it I would have done the same thing. Its no different than staying in the more expensive hotel if you can afford it but I dont see people getting up in arms when celebities pay thousands of dollars a night for penthouse suites at 5 star hotels. She has the money so why not go for the best that is on offer.