Jenna Fischer: It’s Unnatural For New Moms To Lose Baby Weight Rapidly

Jenna Fischer says she's happy not shedding her baby weight in a fast pace.

The Office star recently told Celebuzz, "I think it's unnatural. There's so much pressure on you as a new mom that the last thing you need to have hanging over your head is some expectation of what your body is supposed to look like. I actually think that the scrutiny of new mothers bodies has gotten out of control.”

Jenna Fischer says she’s happy not shedding her baby weight in a fast pace.

The Office star recently told Celebuzz, “I think it’s unnatural. There’s so much pressure on you as a new mom that the last thing you need to have hanging over your head is some expectation of what your body is supposed to look like. I actually think that the scrutiny of new mothers bodies has gotten out of control.”

She added, “Every new mother just gets a free pass. I’m actually angered by the ‘posing in a bikini six weeks after having my baby’ [trend] … Who cares if our boobs are hanging low and we have a little more junk in the trunk? We created a human being, everybody. Let’s celebrate!”

Jenna and her husband Lee Kirk welcomed their son Weston last September.

Fischer reasoned, “I think I’m just going to be a little bit bigger for a little bit longer. And that’s fine with me.”

Filed under: Jenna Fischer

Photo credit: FameFlynet

1. Courtney

for the most part Jenna is right though in some cases the new mom may have to lose it Rapidly for healthy reasons as in not being diabetic the rest of her life. so why doesn’t Jenna shut up before she puts her foot in her mouth

Sorry Courtney, but extremely rapid weight loss is not in fact heathy, diabetic or not. You do not know what you’re talking about. As usual.

Yay Jenna! So refreshing to hear a celeb with her priorities in the right place.

3. Anonymous9

I always felt that the longer it took to lose it, the more comfortable I got with the extra weight and the less likely I was to lose it at all. That may not be why celebrities try to lose it in a hurry, but it got me to take it off quickly.

It’s up to individual mothers what is important to them, but if you’re 25 pounds heavier and the baby is going to pre-school, it’s time to stop calling it baby weight; it’s all yours now.

everyone’s body is different there is no right or wrong, we should stop with the generalizations. some women can lose the weight in a month, while others may take as long as a year.

A lot of moms lose the weight naturally very quickly. I had my son 3 weeks ago i gained 27 pounds while pregnant and i lost 30 already. A lot of women in my birth group are in the same boat so it annoys me when people assume that it cant happen naturally.It does for some and other struggle more.

Nine months to gain the weight….so, I give myself about that long, to take it off.

7. jacquie109

I think what she’s talking about is all the new moms who talk about how they lost the baby weight after six weeks. If a woman naturally loses weight or if she feels ready and wants to get back to the gym good for her, but not all moms feel that way and that should be acceptable. Bragging about “getting my body back” just makes it sound like you weren’t even happy to experience pregnancy, and while I know that not every mom enjoys their pregnancies, acting like it didn’t have any effect is different.

8. Tara C

Love her! And so true- most hollywood moms loose weight way too fast (its not good for them or for breastfeeding). I am naturally a big gainer when pregnant, and take about a year to slim back down to a size 7/8….I do this the healthy way through eating healthy food, moderate exercise, and breastfeeding.