Isabella Cruise On Her “Great” Mom Nicole Kidman

Though they've been rumored to have a strained relationship, 19-year-old Isabella Cruise says that she and her mom Nicole Kidman are on good terms.

"I love mom. She's my mom. She's great. I see her sometimes and I speak to her," Isabella tells Australia's New Idea magazine. "We're a very close family. I love all of our family."

Though they’ve been rumored to have a strained relationship, 19-year-old Isabella Cruise says that she and her mom Nicole Kidman are on good terms.

“I love mom. She’s my mom. She’s great. I see her sometimes and I speak to her,” Isabella tells Australia’s New Idea magazine. “We’re a very close family. I love all of our family.”

In 2010, Nicole, who is also mom to son Connor with her ex Tom Cruise as well as daughters Sunday and Faith with her husband Keith Urban, told Hello! of her older kids, “They live with Tom, which was their choice. I’d love them to live with us, but what can you do?”

“When children are teenagers, they have a say in where they want to be. My daughter and son, their life is molded by the way I live. If I wasn’t willing to take on that responsibility, I shouldn’t have adopted them,” the Oscar-winner added. “Then it can be argued that you shouldn’t have gotten divorced, and that’s true, too, but sometimes you don’t have a decision in that. People fall out of love, they do.”

Filed under: Isabella Cruise,Nicole Kidman

Photo credit: FameFlynet

I’m glad she has reunited with Nicole who raised her from birth, shame on Tom for nixing that relationship and forcing Conner and Isabella to call Kate mom.

Not sure what you’re blaming Tom for. As Nicole herself said, when the kids were teens they were given a choice as to where they wanted to live. They chose to stay in L.A., while Nicole chose to live across the country. It’s nice that they seem to have maintained a relationship, despite the distance.

2. Anabelle

At the end of the day, the kids chose to stay with their dad, and Nicole Kidman chose to live on the other side of the world from them. So if the kids have a bad relationship with their mom, it’s her fault.

3. Jackxx

Where are all the comments “what about her other children/she doesn’t care about her other children”?

I knew they had a good relationship.
    So happy with this interview

i think its great that connor and isabella decide where to live, because arent babies anymore. i supposed its hard for nicole, but she has two more kids and husband and she has to move on. i dont know if all they have a good relation, but with teenagers everything is possible, my step daughter is a teen, i love her, but her age is so difficult…so time, space and “freedom” to decide. if the way is correct or not…we just can talk and give love to them,right?

6. popsykl

sorry but you don’t adopt children and then leave them……nicole has some questions to answer……she left them and thats sad

7. I Me Mine

Nicole is hardly the first parent who lives in a different state than her kids. These people are extremely wealthy. I’m sure they can afford plane tickets.

8. Anonymous2

“She’s great. I see her sometimes and I speak to her,”
    Right…that sounds like a great mother!

THAT STATEMENT WAS SO FAKE AND TOTALLY FORCED!!! WHO SEES THEIR MOM “SOMETIMES”…??

NO, popsykl, your wrong, they left her! They had a choice, she really didn,t! In the end, she did the very best thing she could have and went on with her life and now she has a life and a very happy one at that. Good for Nicole!

11. Julita

its just weird to read “i see her sometimes”..

” i see her sometimes”

New Idea is a trashy Australian tabloid. Isabella has never given an interview before. I find it hard to believe that she would suddenly chose to speak to this rag. Sorry, but think it’s a fake interview.

14. VM

A real mother would choose to be where her children are no matter what. Whether they live in Tom’s house or hers…I would want to be near my kids as much as possible even if for some reason they do not live with me. I believe children are the ones that should leave the parents not the other way around. These two were still young when their parents got divorced, and they still needed a mother very much!

15. VM

i think it is tom’s fault, he is very weird and controlling. he probably tried to control nicole with the kids. my sisters ex did that to her. she had to do what was right for her and not let him manipulate her or the children.
    unless we have been in her shoes, we cannot hope to understand what she has been thru, goes thru, etc.
    just wish them all happiness and the best life has to offer.

17. Anonymous9

Those who blame Nicole don’t understand what it’s like to leave a cult. And that’s what Scientology is. Judging her the same way that you would judge somebody who just decided they’d rather not be around their kids shows a lot of ignorance. Read a little, it won’t hurt you.

18. popsykl

No body would keep my children from me…not even Tom Cruise

19. Michele

Please all of you who think Nicole Kidman had any choice in how much she was allowed to be in her children’s lives are dillusional. When Tom was being audited about the end of his marriage to Nicole their children were being taught (I mean brainwashed to think their mother was not a possitive person for lack of their crazy wording) by Scientology teachers that Nicole is not the kind of person you want in your life. And sadly I would feel that no person on this Earth who would come between my children and I but when you are dealing with a cult there are no rules that the average person can conceive.