Jamie Lynn Spears & Maddie: Strollin’ With Grandma

Jamie Lynn Spears & Maddie: Strollin' With Grandma

Jamie Lynn Spears, 21, and her daughter Maddie Briann, nearly 4, stepped out with grandma Lynne in West Hollywood, Calif. on Sunday (May 6). The three generations of Spears girls were joined by an unidentified baby as they shopped and stopped for ice cream.

The single mom – who just launched her country music career – recently opened up about being pregnant at 16, saying she never wanted to “glamorize teen pregnancy.”

It was 2007,” Jamie Lynn wrote. “I had been on a Nickelodeon show, Zoey 101, and after we wrapped shooting, I just wanted to go home to Louisiana and finish high school, be a cheerleader, all that. Then I found out I was pregnant [by then- boyfriend Casey Aldridge]. I was 16. I’d had one boyfriend. It doesn’t make it perfect or all right. But I was judged for something that probably most everyone does. I was young. I was in love. I was like every other teenager, except I had this last name. And I made a decision that is forever my decision.”

Jamie Lynn talks about being embarrassed at the time to reach out for birth control.

“Casey was my first love,” she says. “Since the day I saw him, I just wanted to marry him and be with him forever and ever. I believe in safety and birth control as prevention. But like many young girls…I was really scared to go to the doctor. And I was on a Nickelodeon show, and it [felt] especially embarrassing to ask someone to put me on birth control. I didn’t want to ask my doctor, because she had a little girl.”

Jamie Lynn’s older sister is popstar, Britney Spears.

Filed under: Jamie Lynn Spears,Maddie Aldridge

Photo credit: FameFlynet

unidentified baby? it’s lynne’s granddaugther (her son’s daugther)

The baby is Jamie Lynn’s brother Brian’s daughter Sophia – Lynn’s other granddaughter.

I love how (later in the article), she said she “was dealt a hand of cards” and…handled it best she could. Dear Jamie Lynn, getting cancer is dealing with the hand you’re dealt. Getting laid off is dealing with the hand you’re dealt. Not using a condom and getting pregnant does not fall under this category.

4. andrea

I wonder if that is Brian’s baby britney and Jamie Lynn’s oldest sibling who got married a couple years ago?

5. andrea

6. Janna

She’s got nothing to explain or apologize for. She made the best of a bad situation, and it looks like she’s handling it like a pro. Good for her!

She made the best of a bad situation? Because this pregnancy was thrust in her lap without her having anything to do with it??

• Janna

No, because she made a stupid mistake (that almost a million other teens make every year, not to mention all of the ADULTS that make the same mistake) and instead of continuing to make stupid decisions, she grew up, got her head on straight and is raising her daughter the best she can. By all accounts, she looks to be a doing a pretty good job.

Go ahead and look down on her. Can’t imagine she’d care.

Why be so rude? She doesn’t owe anyone anything, except her daughter and until someone proves the opposite, she is a caring mother.

she has stayed away from the spotlight after becoming a single teen mom
    I give her credit for that and for not promoting “Abstinence only ”
    looking at you Bristol Palin

8. Shannon

She was judged for something “most everyone does” is a bit of a stretch isn’t it? Yes, I was having sex at 16 with my first boyfriend who I loved and wanted to marry as well, but we were using condoms. I understand being embarrassed to ask to be put on birth control, but her anonymous boyfriend could have gone to the cvs like everyone else did and buy condoms without anyone being any the wiser. I don’t even suggest that teens rely on a method that you get from your doctor without using a condom, because there are too many diseases out there to not cover up. While I understand she never wanted to glamorize teen pregnancy, she sure seems to be brushing it off with the old “well everyone else is doing it too” attitude which isn’t right either. That being said, I am very impressed that she seems to be a good mom.

She’s not brushing it off. She stated that because she is being crucified for something that alot of people, not just teens, do every day.

why is she wearing bowling shoes??

That’s Lexie :)